Martin de Candre

Ok. Now we have 5... 5 is an awkward number for shipping rates. Would prefer 6 or 7.

I've always wanted to send the same MdC expression of interest. Shame that we're not neighbours.

Any interest in sharing the postage cost from the Melbourne clan?

Yes, I think we could do that. You, and preferably one other, shipped to Melb would be doable.

6. Waiting on LaP to see whether he wants one too (we can now afford to fund a shipment to Melb given the incremental savings and the large number of people).

Ok. Final numbers is 6. Me, filo, borked, Syd, Mark x 2.

Good work everyone. Will be in touch.

IMO go with the fougere. Whilst the original is nice Fougere is much more unique.
I think everyone decided to go with the fougere.

Reactions: MrT
Ordered. 6 fougere. 252.22 eruos.

I have Martin de Candre, and it's quite a nice soap. One point they make somewhere on their web site: the lid is strictly for shipping, and once you start using the soap, ditch the lid so the soap can dry between shaves.

I have Martin de Candre, and it's quite a nice soap. One point they make somewhere on their web site: the lid is strictly for shipping, and once you start using the soap, ditch the lid so the soap can dry between shaves.

Yeah, I read that too. That's all well and good if that's the only soap you use. However, I feel like once the soap is dry, I would want to put the lid back on for storage to keep the scent in...

What is the point? Does it "cure" the soap further? Leaving the lid off would not be good in a hot and humid environment is imagine. The scent would certainly fade in time...

What is the point? Does it "cure" the soap further? Leaving the lid off would not be good in a hot and humid environment is imagine. The scent would certainly fade in time...

I imagine it's so the soap doesn't stay damp in the tub.

I imagine it's so the soap doesn't stay damp in the tub.
Got it. But if you let it dry out for 6-12 hours before re-capping then it should be the way to go. I'm just wondering if there was anything further that leaving the lid off completely achieves...?