Martin de Candre

Wow sounds complicated....you guys best send soaps to me for initial 5 year testing. A P&C SOP will be issued by terms end for safe and effective use of MdC products.

.... I'm just wondering if there was anything further that leaving the lid off completely achieves...?

Wondering what it achieves? Customers having this thought process -

Ah crap this soap is dried out and lost its scent.

But I love it

Better buy some more ....

Last edited:
Ah crap this soap is dried out and lost its scent.

But I love it

Better buy some more ....
Is it very hard like triple milled soaps?

No @filobiblic mine is not hard

@stillshunter - I was explaining the marketing process behind said advice only, see edited post :)

I leave the lid off and I have quite a few soaps. The fragrance seems to survive. Indeed, I have a few soaps that are decades old (Paisley, Lenthétic, and Yardley), and the Yardley is in a wooden tub with a loose-fitting lid. Despite being 30 years old or so, the fragrance is quite strong when I lather. So I don't worry about it. Still, no one will know whether you use the lid or not. :)

The point is simply to let the soap dry, and once it's dry, it's dry. I don't see that leaving it uncapped is a problem.

HOWEVER, my asses' milk shaving soap from Planete Rasoir (my wife brought it back from Paris for me) does, it turns out, lose it's virtues if left unlidded between shaves. I have this from a friend in Quebec, who told me the sad story. It's a terrific soap, and on that one I am careful to replace the lid, based on his experience. But with the Martin de Candre: no lid, no problems.

I leave the lid off and I have quite a few soaps. The fragrance seems to survive. Indeed, I have a few soaps that are decades old (Paisley, Lenthétic, and Yardley), and the Yardley is in a wooden tub with a loose-fitting lid. Despite being 30 years old or so, the fragrance is quite strong when I lather. So I don't worry about it. Still, no one will know whether you use the lid or not. :)

The point is simply to let the soap dry, and once it's dry, it's dry. I don't see that leaving it uncapped is a problem.

HOWEVER, my asses' milk shaving soap from Planete Rasoir (my wife brought it back from Paris for me) does, it turns out, lose it's virtues if left unlidded between shaves. I have this from a friend in Quebec, who told me the sad story. It's a terrific soap, and on that one I am careful to replace the lid, based on his experience. But with the Martin de Candre: no lid, no problems.
So it seems like it'd vary based on the soap and with MdC it's neither here nor there regarding what you do with the lid. Thanks.

Well, Mr. MdC does say to leave the lid off, and I tend to be obedient... :)
Haha! Fair enough. But it certainly means there is wiggle room for the rebels amongst us... [emoji13]

Reactions: MrT
Good news! The box is waiting for collection at Lane Cove post shop. Will grab it tomorrow morning.

Woo hoo!

@SydBJW, I will be working in the CBD for the next couple of days, so if you want to grab it from me there, cool. Otherwise, I can bring it out to SOP next week.

Now I'm feeling jealous.
No need for a sample in PCTB3 then anymore ...

Now I'm feeling jealous.
No need for a sample in PCTB3 then anymore ...
Don't you start...:mad:
...we could have outdone them down here in Canberra...OUT DONE THEM I say! :LOL:
Still keen for one of each (classic/original and fougere) if you are...or any others in the ACT region

Good news! The box is waiting for collection at Lane Cove post shop. Will grab it tomorrow morning.

Woo hoo!

@SydBJW, I will be working in the CBD for the next couple of days, so if you want to grab it from me there, cool. Otherwise, I can bring it out to SOP next week.

MrT, I doubt I can make it to the CBD in the next few days, working totally different part of Sydney the next few days. I am driving with the kids to Armidale to see the family on Easter Monday and am away for a week, are you in SOP the following week?

Don't you start...:mad:
...we could have outdone them down here in Canberra...OUT DONE THEM I say! :LOL:
Still keen for one of each (classic/original and fougere) if you are...or any others in the ACT region
You might get lucky and find it disagrees with one of us, so hold out hope for said miracle :D

You might get lucky and find it disagrees with one of us, so hold out hope for said miracle :D
Errr... Nope. Don't think so from what everyone says about this soap.

We'll just have to distra... What's that!?! Looks like a Barrister & Mann group buy is happening soon!!! Wow!! Must get some....

Errr... Nope. Don't think so from what everyone says about this soap.

We'll just have to distra... What's that!?! Looks like a Barrister & Mann group buy is happening soon!!! Wow!! Must get some....
What ?
Really ?
WOW :eek:
Gotta get me some of that !