May 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have a prestige lather. A but more stubble well help you out with that. Then you can trim the messy edges up. Then a little more, and more. Before you know it you will have the shortest beard known to man.

Har! I agree... I'll give that a go soon...

Post a pic or it doesn't exist...

eDPxAgU.jpg

Photographer, I am not. Muhle R89 Classic, Semogue 1305 brush, Occams shaveing cream and pre-shave soap, a Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap refill, blade sampler pack, and a nice little Bendigo Pottery bowl I found in the op shop.

Some truly stellar items today - most of them thanks to the unbelievably generous @Draco Noir - thank you sir!!! My brush from G&C has still not arrived...but he just send me his and a bonus!!!

But first things first - this beautiful Wolfman stand - how could my Wolf live without it until now?
And of course this one is also curtsey of @Draco Noir

StandS_zpsylohxyg1.jpg

RazorOnStandS_zps84izefml.jpg

RazorInStandS_zps9w7jw8sq.jpg

And here the brushes I got today - including the new synthetic from Larry (Whipped Dog):
NewVieLongsAndWDSynthFrontS_zpsiwscamyg.jpg

NewVieLongsAndWDSynthTopS_zpsqz5ar6bf.jpg

Also a comparison shot of the WD and the Plisson:
WDSynthPlissonSymthS_zpsybroxlmy.jpg

I now officially have a brush back log :D :D :D

My latest small delivery from G&C hit the doorstep a few days ago :

giftsncare_zps6eovkr5k.png

The back row is self explanatory - the brush is the one I posted about recently, review coming soon. In the front row from L-R :
Mondial Spiced Mandarin soap refill - one of my faves, a very sophisticated citrus based scent and a very nice lather. Not one I want to run out of. Next, a Valobra Menthol soap refill - yet to be tried out. Lastly, a Valobra Patchouli soap - also yet to be tried out, but the fragrance is promising. Very "soapy" fragrance, with restrained use of Patchouli. I think I'm going to enjoy this one...

Something's a tad fruity in this thread!

h5TTZsq.jpg

Materialised in my letterbox today, along with another two items, one upon loan.
Was not expecting it and after injuring myself at work today, was a nice way to end the day :)
Thank you anonymous person that surprised me with this :D

Has anyone seen @Dale.Whiley today ?
Been mysteriously quiet since my posting of this :D

h5TTZsq.jpg

Materialised in my letterbox today, along with another two items, one upon loan.
Was not expecting it and after injuring myself at work today, was a nice way to end the day :)
Thank you anonymous person that surprised me with this :D
WHAT !!! You big city folk got everything. I am a very envious bloke. Not about living in the big city but the limes and peppercorns.

Be kinda busy for the next few months but I'll drop in daily. Finished all I can do today till I buy some more tools tomorrow.

Some truly stellar items today - most of them thanks to the unbelievably generous @Draco Noir - thank you sir!!! My brush from G&C has still not arrived...but he just send me his and a bonus!!!

But first things first - this beautiful Wolfman stand - how could my Wolf live without it until now?
And of course this one is also curtsey of @Draco Noir

StandS_zpsylohxyg1.jpg

RazorOnStandS_zps84izefml.jpg

RazorInStandS_zps9w7jw8sq.jpg

Is this a Wolfman stand, or a stand that happens to fit the razor? I ask as I'm still keen on a stand for the AS-D2.

@stillshunter - this will probably disappoint, but at least will save you some time.

The AS-D2 is narrower in the handle than most of the razors that offer a dedicated stand. I've just tried it with a few and the following stands are too big/sloppy to do a good job : Ikon, Above the Tie, Wolfman and Razorock.

Best bet may be to get one custom made at your local machine shop - diameter of the hole in the Feather stand is 11mm

Alternatively, someone found a more affordable off the shelf solution :

http://shavenook.com/thread-affordable-feather-as-d2-stand

Hope this helps you in some way mate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.