May 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the family is complete - BBS-1 #46 landed!
1_BBS1_46S_zpsy5uiox7x.jpg

2_BBS1_onStandS_zpstlxqn2yx.jpg

3_BBS1_inStandS_zpsq75djnhg.jpg

And now to the hard part: which one do I like better - WOLF or BBS-1 :D :D :D

Another beautiful looking razor mate- well done!

And the family is complete - BBS-1 #46 landed!
Somehow I don't think this will be your last razor purchase...

And now to the hard part: which one do I like better - WOLF or BBS-1 :D :D :D
Indeed a tough call. We will await the BST thread in anticipation of the loser... [emoji14] (If we could be so lucky!!!)

Another beautiful looking razor mate- well done!

Somehow I don't think this will be your last razor purchase...

Indeed a tough call. We will await the BST thread in anticipation of the loser... [emoji14] (If we could be so lucky!!!)
Thanks a lot - really like James' work!

Trust me: I wont buy a new razor for a while...a long while!

None of the 2 will land on B/S/T - that much is 100% certain. I'd rather let my ATT or even my Weber go...but don't think any of them will go (soon)....

The craftsmanship on that razor is extraordinary, @alfredus . You've got to be stoked with that handsome looking razor.

never heard of a BBS. phenomenal looking razor - sort of a mixture of the vintage yet old aesthetic ....and that handle!

Looks very sweet.
Thanks - will bring it along next time...

The craftsmanship on that razor is extraordinary, @alfredus . You've got to be stoked with that handsome looking razor.
Thanks - it does indeed look perfect. And the way the blade is held - unbelievable!

never heard of a BBS. phenomenal looking razor - sort of a mixture of the vintage yet old aesthetic ....and that handle!
Thanks - it is made by the same machinist (James) who makes Wolfman razors. This was his very first razor - but you can only get it through the LA Shaving Soap company. I hinted at James a couple of times, that I would be interested in this one as well...always the same answer. Anyway, it is like the Wolf perfectly made...really nice!

Haha @alfredus, I have a mental image of you sitting there like Gollum crooning to your razor "My precioussss, my precioussss......" :ROFLMAO:

Be careful mate, a jealous Wolf could give a pretty rough shave :cry:

Seriously, nice score indeed! I'll be fascinated to hear how the Wolf and the BBS compare. Well done (y)

Haha @alfredus, I have a mental image of you sitting there like Gollum crooning to your razor "My precioussss, my precioussss......" :ROFLMAO:

Be careful mate, a jealous Wolf could give a pretty rough shave :cry:

Seriously, nice score indeed! I'll be fascinated to hear how the Wolf and the BBS compare. Well done (y)
Thank you my friend - it was almost like that :D :D :D

The Wolf wasn't jealous at the R41, so I hope a cousin wont cause any troubles...

UKrJs6t.jpg
UKrJs6t.jpg

UKrJs6t

Got some Shaver Heaven soaps and samples, large tubs of Coconut Cirtus Sorbet and Wasabi. Samples of Dragon Noir, Mayan Musk and Sweet Almond Milk.

Also was in the area for work so I stoped into Turnleys at Granville, they have a small amount of shaving soaps, brushes and aftershaves. Picked up:
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave - $16.50
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum - $18.

They had about 3 -4 other of Pinaud aftershaves/lotions as well, think you can search their web page to see what else they have.

Last edited:
Nice haul!

Also was in the area for work so I stoped into Turnleys at Granville, they have a small amount of shaving soaps, brushes and aftershaves. Picked up:
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave - $16.50
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum - $18.

They had about 3 -4 other of Pinaud aftershaves/lotions as well, think you can search their web page to see what else they have.
Note that their prices are cheaper in store than online. I need to go in and buy some Barbicide that I'm told they stock.

Nice haul!

Note that their prices are cheaper in store than online. I need to go in and buy some Barbicide that I'm told they stock.

It is a pretty big store, I only had a couple of minutes and looked mostly at their shaving stuff (they had a lot of Proaso Products).

It is a pretty big store, I only had a couple of minutes and looked mostly at their shaving stuff (they had a lot of Proaso Products).
I've picked up the odd product from Turnleys in the past. If you travel across Sydney, there's a small little Hairdressing and Barber supplies store with some shaving goodies (including their own branded AS) in Belmore.
Barbers Supply & Highlander Packaging
http://www.barberssupply.com.au
Unit 2, 87-89 Lakemba Street
Belmore NSW 2192

I might be trading the Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, SWMBO had a coughing fit when I tried a couple of drops :( I actually like the smell, I might keep it and wear it when I leave for work before she is up.

I've picked up the odd product from Turnleys in the past. If you travel across Sydney, there's a small little Hairdressing and Barber supplies store with some shaving goodies (including their own branded AS) in Belmore.
Barbers Supply & Highlander Packaging
http://www.barberssupply.com.au
Unit 2, 87-89 Lakemba Street
Belmore NSW 2192

Yeah yeah yeah, it's literally down the street from me, I have lived 5 minutes drive away for 4 years and never walked in!

Yeah yeah yeah, it's literally down the street from me, I have lived 5 minutes drive away for 4 years and never walked in!
I thought you lived nearby. It's got some gear including a few Merkur razors, Feather popular, different blades, the whole range of Proraso, Omega and Zenith brushes, alum and some aftershaves. Not bad prices either. Worth a squiz.

Not shave related but ...

$_57.JPG

Inspired by @Mong after I noticed that these listed on eBay from a Canberra seller didn't sell made contact and popped over tonight to try them on.

My first purchase of vintage shoes - a pair of Cheaney 'Leeds' brown Oxford city brogues

Seen a little wear -

$_57.JPG

- but not too much!

Not shave related but ...

$_57.JPG

Inspired by @Mong after I noticed that these listed on eBay from a Canberra seller didn't sell made contact and popped over tonight to try them on.

My first purchase of vintage shoes - a pair of Cheaney 'Leeds' brown Oxford city brogues

Seen a little wear -

$_57.JPG

- but not too much!
They've got laces!!! Slim (The King) Dusty summed it up perfectly when he sang, "Those Damn Lace-Up Shoes".

And not the last I'd imagine!
Sounds like another collection of vintage items is formulating...

Status
Not open for further replies.