November 2013 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you're in the same boat as me.

But I'm not addicted yet - so in a couple of years - house will be paid off by that stuff alone :)

Dear Borked,

Thank you for your message.
We appreciate your interest in the products of Sir Irish moss.
To our regret, we must inform you that the production of shaving soap were set because the demand was too low.
Here with us there is no remaining stocks.
We're very sorry that we can not give you a positive message.
fragrance About our current series you can on the Internet at MÄURER & WIRTZ - HOUSE OF PERFUMES - Home information.
We also provide our commercial customers free perfume samples and testers available so that you can test on the spot.

Sincerely Mxxxxx Hxxxxxx
Stolberg
Germany
<http:// www.mw.de>

Appears as usual, stuff only becomes desirable when deleted from the range.

Which is interesting, as when you visit http://www.sir-irisch-moos.de/produkte.html, it's listed as now back in the range upon the right side of the page :)

Should I inquire about a group/bulk buy ?

Last edited:
........Should I inquire about a group/bulk buy ?

For them to do a one off production run I'd say you're talking hundreds of sticks I would have thought. I'm sure the bods over at B&B would have tried already. I remember one guy asking them if they could produce it in puck form as sticks are/were pretty much unknown in the US.

Sent another email inquiring about the products being listed as available upon their website again and if indeed they're available.
Also inquired about a group buy for this website.
Let's see how it goes and keep it our little secret until at least we've word back :)

Sent another email inquiring about the products being listed as available upon their website............

I was hopefull and just a little bit excited, however a click on "Raisierseife" will get a "page not found" message. The Raisiercreme does lead to a page and I know they've stopped production of that one too. I think they've just lost interest in the whole Sir Irisch Moos range including the website.

Last edited:
:laugh::laugh:

Isn't Tabac the same base formulation?

A real pity that Tabac smells the way it does. I don't want to smell like an old woman's delicates drawer!

A nice powerful citrus would have been much better!

......Isn't Tabac the same base formulation?........

Yes it is but I think Irisch Moos, aside from having some daft spelling, is a bit softer.

A real pity that Tabac smells the way it does. I don't want to smell like an old woman's delicates drawer!.........

So, I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I wonder if Tabac scent haters (and there are many) are lovers of Valobra in which case I could safely conclude that they have a very basic appreciation of scent.

Can't say I've ever smelt an old woman's delicate's drawer myself ....

Dear *insert wrong salutation for me here, both title and sex*

Thank your for your interest in Sir Irish Moos.
Unfortunately we have to inform you that this brand presently is not distributed in Australia and we have no possibility for direct sales form Germany.
Sorry for not being able to give you a more favourable answer right now.

Many thanks for your kind understanding.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüsse
A*** H*********

Looks like it is confirmed that they're making the tubes and sticks again, which is a positive.
As for a group/bulk buy, I've sent another email off.
Joel, have you an email address I can share with them,that they're able to directly contact you upon, about the prospective of becoming a sponsor, if they are that way inclined ?

Can't say I've ever smelt an old woman's delicate's drawer myself ....
Then you haven't lived! :blink:

I would describe it as the smell of your Nanna's handbag, if your Nanna's is a cheap hooker.

I really like Tabac smell. Soap and cream lol. Much more than rose, lavender, violet smelling creams. I have never grown to love the erucris smell from trumpers.

But the sweet juniper smell in CADE is what I like to wake to most when shaving.

Those classic fop scents: rose, lavender etc don't get a run in my bathroom. I think I would take the hookers handbag ahead of those!

Those classic fop scents: rose, lavender etc don't get a run in my bathroom. I think I would take the hookers handbag ahead of those!

I thought I would agree, but surprised myself in liking the Rose TOBS cream Mark passed around in the box of delights.

But the sweet juniper smell in CADE is what I like to wake to most when shaving.

Did I just hear you say gin flavoured shaving soap / cream?

/edit for breakfast? That would be a slippery slope indeed for me in this heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.