November 2013 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha for those that haven't tried loccitanie Cade i really recommend giving it a sniff. I find it fresh but mild and i really like how it lathers. It also lasts for ages!!!!! Oh and you can find it easily enough offline :))

Mark bought himself my Chubby. Great bloke Mark, only buys bargains, very picky, never impulsive...

So I've ordered a Classic 1 from the other Mark @ Simmo's. Not cheap buying direct from them, but I asked and got a discount, and I prefer to buy from them.

No idea of the Classic will be the 'right' Simmo, but I think I've tried the Duke 1, Comm X2, and I sold both. Probably too big and or soft - and the Chub was at the other extreme.

So how does the thought of another man having his hands on your chubby feel? Just knowing that he has it gripped too tightly in his hands, wiping it around that grinning, gurning mouth until your chubby is all gooped up.
Simpson really do choose some bad names for their products at times.

Last edited:
Egg you have been indoctrinated by the NT News. That's the only way I could explain your prose.

Did you miss me? :eek:mg:

Shaving continues, despite a 10 week old disruption sleep patterns.

Purchases also continue. Looking forward improving the bathroom decor with this

$_57.jpg

Of course we all missed you. If one regular drops out it's a 20% reduction in traffic. How could you not miss that!

Just received this week a Genco Henry's X. eBay buy. Wasn't going to buy another US Straight but the guys on another site didn't care for my criticism of Genco ( the company's original location is less than 70 miles from my home) so a I went and bought another inexpensive one off eBay. Came in good shape, but have spent the last 2 days (on and off) honing it.
Will be trying it later today ... But.... From just working with it for 2days I still don't think their steel is as good as most English or German. Will see today!

I was right. Shaves ok but... Wouldn't buy another.

Last edited:
Aww shucks guys, nice to be missed :)

Not that its a shaving purchase, but I got a new mountain bike frame today. Purchased direct from the UK, ready for some all-steel single speed sillyness :laugh:

Did you miss me? :eek:mg:

Shaving continues, despite a 10 week old disruption sleep patterns.

Purchases also continue. Looking forward improving the bathroom decor with this

View attachment 504

Clearly we need to call you Pete now....

In other news I managed to prise my Chubby out of Drubbings hands and it arrived today. It will need a thorough clean of course AND it is missing its sticker and had no box (although the Maggi container was a cool way to pack).

Not sure whether to lodge a PayPal dispute or put it down to a WA thing :D

In other news I managed to prise my Chubby out of Drubbings hands and it arrived today. It will need a thorough clean of course AND it is missing its sticker and had no box (although the Maggi container was a cool way to pack).

Wouldn't clean it Mark - remember this brush contains the DNA of the one and only Drubster and as such should really be treated as a National Treasure (and perhaps even be given to the scientists who are trying to clone the Tasmanian Tiger) just think The Drubster could live forever (and the Foo Fighters would never die) . :)

........the Maggi container was a cool way to pack).......

I've got a sneaking suspicion that that is second hand too! There was a time when I barely had enough Maggi containers to pack Drubbings newly rebuilt brushes in. They make excellent travel brush containers.

I don't keep my brush boxes - what do you think I am, some sort of shaving forum nerd? The Mag is far more practical, it will double as a travel tube for brushes that weren't meant to travel.

Sticker schmickers, we all know you've never really used a Simpson properly til the sticker's fallen off. Though, admittedly in some circles the used value drops off. But then Simmo sell them for $2. Presto, new brush!

Seriously, yes, do clean it, although it's not had much use. I omitted to, seeing as it was going to another home, thought it best you decide what to clean it with.

Found a box - all good :)

Found a box - all good :)

Dont tell us - let us guess - You have a small collection of 7256 boxes that fit either razors or brushes and you just happened to have found them when Mrs Mark persuaded you to clean out one of the shipping containers scattered around your yard! :)

Dont tell us - let us guess - You have a small collection of 7256 boxes that fit either razors or brushes and you just happened to have found them when Mrs Mark persuaded you to clean out one of the shipping containers scattered around your yard! :)

SSSSSSSHHHHHH!

Actually I had a Chubby One myself that I wasn't using and loaned it to a mate a while ago when he left his brush in a hotel. He loved it so much he wanted to buy it. I asked on the off chance he still had the box and funnily he did but was just about to chuck it out - I said I will take it off his hands. Perfect timing!

SSSSSSSHHHHHH!

Actually I had a Chubby One myself that I wasn't using and loaned it to a mate a while ago when he left his brush in a hotel. He loved it so much he wanted to buy it. I asked on the off chance he still had the box and funnily he did but was just about to chuck it out - I said I will take it off his hands. Perfect timing!

So you have Drubbings Chubby in your hands, and are going to put it in another man's box?

This just gets worse.

To be fair, it originally was his box, yet he donated it to a brother in need :)

The more you talk about this Mark, the more I wish I had the coin to purchase and experience it...

Did I forget this? In left of course...

000M-15.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.