November 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
FwxMqVO.jpg

3sQRc8v.jpg

cGzeNiv.jpg

N74JYxb.jpg

8ELHesd.jpg

Gillette Fatboy and Gillette SLIM restored in Bright Nickel by Dave of Restored Razors for $200 including postage. I could not be happier with the skill and care Dave has taken with these two pieces. Turnaround time was 6 weeks from him receiving the razors. Delivery when they were returned was 4 days. A great bloke who does superb work, highly recommend him.

Can't wait to put these old pieces back into active service :)

IMG_0791_zps4izuk99f.jpg

AusFarce finally got around to delivering my G&C package! I have Feather Pro and Super Pro blades to try now. All of this stuff is new to me. I test lathered the brushes - the Omega 80266 was a stinker while the Proraso Omega brush was pretty mild. I loaded us some smelly shower gel and have left it in the knot to dry. The 80266 lost about 8 bristles whereas the Proraso has only lost one so far. I wanted the Proraso brush because it's a shorter loft than the Omega 49 for face lathering. Had a go this morning and was very impressed - although I have a very low base for comparison! Both knots feel great to me...

50d5c9ac5fe256a6321a3d5cd4d78db7.jpg

Some splashes to match to existing soaps, a bottle of "Cool" because it's great stuff. Over the next few months I hope to have all three reserves and Seville - because why not? Reviews are glowing!

Nice Tux, I def approve ;)

cGzeNiv.jpg

N74JYxb.jpg

8ELHesd.jpg

Gillette Fatboy and Gillette SLIM restored in Bright Nickel by Dave of Restored Razors for $200 including postage. I could not be happier with the skill and care Dave has taken with these two pieces. Turnaround time was 6 weeks from him receiving the razors. Delivery when they were returned was 4 days. A great bloke who does superb work, highly recommend him.

Can't wait to put these old pieces back into active service :)

They both look beautiful.

They both look beautiful.

I'm really happy with his work Tom, for the money and my intention to use them they are exactly what I was after. Dave does some nice work over there, he worked his magic on the mechanical aspects of them too, tightened them up and so forth and the adjustable dial has been oiled and a few parts replaced I am guessing.

50d5c9ac5fe256a6321a3d5cd4d78db7.jpg

Some splashes to match to existing soaps, a bottle of "Cool" because it's great stuff. Over the next few months I hope to have all three reserves and Seville - because why not? Reviews are glowing!
And nice to see a TARDIS in the background @Sxot.

IMG_0791_zps4izuk99f.jpg

AusFarce finally got around to delivering my G&C package! I have Feather Pro and Super Pro blades to try now. All of this stuff is new to me. I test lathered the brushes - the Omega 80266 was a stinker while the Proraso Omega brush was pretty mild. I loaded us some smelly shower gel and have left it in the knot to dry. The 80266 lost about 8 bristles whereas the Proraso has only lost one so far. I wanted the Proraso brush because it's a shorter loft than the Omega 49 for face lathering. Had a go this morning and was very impressed - although I have a very low base for comparison! Both knots feel great to me...
Your brushes will continue to get better and better over the next shaves!

I got one similar to your white handled one in September, and it's really soft now! [emoji3]

Status
Not open for further replies.