November 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
52471596998_470ec4dea0_c.jpg

Here is a setup I am about to gift to my dad. My dad is a very active man who loves the outdoors. I’m born and raised in Norway, and our forests are dominated by Scots Pine and Birch. So I bought a tub of B&M Taiga and a Muhle Rocca R95 with Birch Bark handle. Whenever we used to be out on camping, hiking, skiing and fishing trips my dad would always ask me to go out and find some dry bark from Birch trees - it fires up easily and it’s excellent for starting up a fire.

Secondly, my parents have always loved coming down here to visit me here in Australia. To keep the wooden theme I reached out to @TroyTools to see if he could make me a brush handle. Dealing with Troy was an absolute pleasure! I got to choose the shape and type of wood and everything. His knowledge is obviously through the roof! I sent him a new 24mm Maggard SHD knot which is the same type of knot I have been using myself. In a very short time I received this Red Gum handle with the knot set in, and I think it’s an awesome brush!

52471023736_03e66c926a_c.jpg

Thank you so much @TroyTools ! I think this will be a great set that my dad will enjoy very much. I’ve always kind of felt bad for my parents being so far away, specially these last 3 years. My brother sadly passed before the pandemic due to longtime illness, and with them not being able to visit to meet their grandkids the last couple years due to travel restrictions have been difficult. My kids are at the age now, where when I think back on my own childhood I have really great memories. It’s seems like an impossible task to be as great a dad as my dad has been.

I think we got a really great community here on this forum, and it was really exciting to put this together with the help of a local brushmaker!

Here is a setup I am about to gift to my dad. My dad is a very active man who loves the outdoors. I’m born and raised in Norway, and our forests are dominated by Scots Pine and Birch. So I bought a tub of B&M Taiga and a Muhle Rocca R95 with Birch Bark handle. Whenever we used to be out on camping, hiking, skiing and fishing trips my dad would always ask me to go out and find some dry bark from Birch trees - it fires up easily and it’s excellent for starting up a fire.

Secondly, my parents have always loved coming down here to visit me here in Australia. To keep the wooden theme I reached out to @TroyTools to see if he could make me a brush handle. Dealing with Troy was an absolute pleasure! I got to choose the shape and type of wood and everything. His knowledge is obviously through the roof! I sent him a new 24mm Maggard SHD knot which is the same type of knot I have been using myself. In a very short time I received this Red Gum handle with the knot set in, and I think it’s an awesome brush!

Thank you so much @TroyTools ! I think this will be a great set that my dad will enjoy very much. I’ve always kind of felt bad for my parents being so far away, specially these last 3 years. My brother sadly passed before the pandemic due to longtime illness, and with them not being able to visit to meet their grandkids the last couple years due to travel restrictions have been difficult. My kids are at the age now, where when I think back on my own childhood I have really great memories. It’s seems like an impossible task to be as great a dad as my dad has been.

I think we got a really great community here on this forum, and it was really exciting to put this together with the help of a local brushmaker!

excellent gift mate, your dad will love it!!! and yes @TroyTools is a pleasure to deal with.. exceptional customer service (y)

Well done on all counts (y) :)

excellent gift mate, your dad will love it!!! and yes @TroyTools is a pleasure to deal with.. exceptional customer service (y)

Thank you for the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.
That red wooden handle is really nice, finished with a high gloss friction oil.

Such a wonderful gesture that I'm sure your dad will cherish and well done to @TroyTools for what looks to be a special brush! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.