October 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered yesterday, delivered today. Tonight I'll be shaving with...
y4mIc-SBtdRacIE_Z15YhuOImi0GdhDGhJLeFsCSbMSGB_VIIbe96jgFuHn6QssecuEEPlcH1goTVhISOz86YKUH66ynLbBvzH3GrlER2MmZKcOuJb8iBJ8ltHokft0LqX38hvHa88-xIrAPS7B-2lGSQdQYt2yK99DWvDWk2Rfwf4aRTYE085QaM7vkBy3JeHkQbd6BoDUih--omCDvoVIGg

Sadly my package from B&B has been stuck with Amarex/Fastaway all day and since the driver missed his schedule, hopefully arriving tomorrow...? :banghead:

Well this is embarrassing as I just checked tracking and surprised to find the package outside:

IMG-20201014-185024.jpg

First impressions are great as the SS finish is wonderful and size/weight feels great... Can't wait for the morning shave!

Who would've thought the Rocca would prove so popular judging by the recent acquisitions! :)

... and nay a Birch Bark in sight ...
Sadly B&B don't offer the Birch Bark and I wasn't prepared to wait for an overseas order... :(
To their credit they provide excellent customer service with next day delivery and a good price if you factor in the generous 10% discount. (y)

Extra special mail call today:

The Two Kings are backups in case I run out in next year's sabbatical. The Rawr smells great, but the second tub is a mistake. I only ordered one, so I'm going to have to get in touch with B&B to give them some more money.

Extra special mail call today:

The Two Kings are backups in case I run out in next year's sabbatical. The Rawr smells great, but the second tub is a mistake. I only ordered one, so I'm going to have to get in touch with B&B to give them some more money.
How long do you reckon the average 4oz tub would last if shaving with it exclusively (daily shaving)?

I used a tub of Seville almost exclusively for 6 months (5-6) shaves per week, and still probably have 1/4 left.

How long do you reckon the average 4oz tub would last if shaving with it exclusively (daily shaving)?

I used a tub of Seville almost exclusively for 6 months (5-6) shaves per week, and still probably have 1/4 left.
Depends on the soap. Last time I did that, I got through an entire tub of Cheshire in just over 6 weeks, 7 days/week with heavy loading for face and head.

My NO soaps might wear a tad more quickly, and my one WK donkey milk might last a year or more.

One backup for the 2K would ordinarily have been enough, but as you will have seen, they're not necessarily available when you want them. I may or may not sell off the extra tub of Rawr, depends on how much I like it.

wJqsSn5l.jpg

Model R1 Titan
@rbscebu , the Titans looked interesting so I thought I'd give one a go.
Not quite shave ready out the box but that's to be expected.
Interesting razor, quite hefty/solid. It feels quite wide in the hand. The blade sits securely with its pin.
Looking forward to seeing how it takes an edge.
The box is a nice touch with a nifty little pinned latch. It comes with mini strop. Not sure whether I'll use it but the leather feels nice so I'll probably try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.