BLADE: Perma-Sharp Super
BRUSH: Heritage Erskine 150 26mm Black/Butterscotch
LATHER: Penhaligon's London Blenheim Bouquet (vintage)bronze

wPGRarL.jpg

Soap: Pb Smokey Lavender
Brush: Vielong Black Horse
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
A bit of a polish for the General last night. It's still one of my favorite razors. I remember the late @Draco Noir thought the General was a bit special when he tried one. Be interesting to see what he would think of the wide array of AC razors available now.
Gave Smokey Lavender a run. Perfect with the General. Look forward to a straight razor shave with it.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Queen
Razor/Blade:- Blackland Vector SS Matted Finished / Kai Captain Titan Mild #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

PXL-20240102-214430348-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Guatemala Huehuetenango (I love that name - Huehuetenango, Huehuetenango, Huehuetenango... :LOL: )

SOTD – Thu 4 Jan 2024

SOTD-20240104-setup.png

The un-obtainium Blue Devil soap created a beautiful rich, creamy yogurt like lather with top notch performance from rounded quarter teaspoon (1.8gm) scoop and 16ml water slowly added. For me the aroma coming off the lather is lovely green floral aroma with a light citrus background, scent strength 5/10. Overall a wonderful clean, smooth DFS from the Fatip & Shark blade combo.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: ShaveXDave “The Green&Gold” 24/55 APShave Synbad Fan [A]
  • Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - The Lavender Patch [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Fatip Gentile Grande (70gm)
  • Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming AS Balm [A]
  • After Shave: Clubman Pinaud AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product

SOTD – Thu 4 Jan 2024

SOTD-20240104-setup.png

The un-obtainium Blue Devil soap created a beautiful rich, creamy yogurt like lather with top notch performance from rounded quarter teaspoon (1.8gm) scoop and 16ml water slowly added. For me the aroma coming off the lather is lovely green floral aroma with a light citrus background, scent strength 5/10. Overall a wonderful clean, smooth DFS from the Fatip & Shark blade combo.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Natio Men Shave Gel [A]
  • Brush: ShaveXDave “The Green&Gold” 24/55 APShave Synbad Fan [A]
  • Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co - The Lavender Patch [A]
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Fatip Gentile Grande (70gm)
  • Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
  • Splash: Imperial Bergamot AS Tonic with added Menthol
  • Balm: Natio Men Calming AS Balm [A]
  • After Shave: Clubman Pinaud AS Lotion
  • Moisturiser (Later): Swisse Daily Face Moisturiser [A]
[A] = Australian Product
Unobtainium? I guess you're right. Though if you asked @CraigE nicely he might just make you some more... ;) But I still have a barely-used tub in my backup drawer. I should really get it out... :unsure:

That reminds me, I want to get out to Bridestowe to get a shot of the lavender crop before it's harvested...

Last edited:
wPGRarL.jpg

Soap: Pb Smokey Lavender
Brush: Vielong Black Horse
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
A bit of a polish for the General last night. It's still one of my favorite razors. I remember the late @Draco Noir thought the General was a bit special when he tried one. Be interesting to see what he would think of the wide array of AC razors available now.
Gave Smokey Lavender a run. Perfect with the General. Look forward to a straight razor shave with it.
What is PB please?