Shave of the Day - 2024

Joserra Tuberose // Autelier Durdan La Faulx + // Oumo Warhammer // Tuberose Balm/Splash

53440645777_2d4a546ca4_b.jpg

PXL-20240102-214430348-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Guatemala Huehuetenango (I love that name - Huehuetenango, Huehuetenango, Huehuetenango... :LOL: )

Very nice Brush! 👏

@Pbgoose
Sorry. I am pretty new and I have no idea😂.
Also I am not an expert talking about brands as well so I could not guess.
I must say I really admire people who give some much effort to try to do and have something unique.
And just out of curiosity. I understand that home made soap you can add the scent however you like but how would you compare performance with the popular brands vs your creation?

PXL-20240104-195341200-PORTRAIT.jpg

Brush: Forgotten Art "takayna" 26mm shoat
Soap: Blue Devil Shave Co. - The Lavender Patch
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay SPF50+ Invisible Fluid, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Guatemala Huehuetenango

Both brush and soap made in Devonport, TAS, just an hour's drive from here. Just about as local as it gets...

@Pbgoose
Sorry. I am pretty new and I have no idea😂.
Also I am not an expert talking about brands as well so I could not guess.
I must say I really admire people who give some much effort to try to do and have something unique.
And just out of curiosity. I understand that home made soap you can add the scent however you like but how would you compare performance with the popular brands vs your creation?
Hi, @karol.elec
Vs popular brands........of course mine is best:ROFLMAO:
Are you talking specifically scent? I only use essential oils as they go with my philosophy of using natural products.
My brand is Cypress and Box which was supposed to have been available a couple of years ago but then life happens. You may have noticed several aussie shave soap makers have come and gone over the last several years. I can't even make it to market. Got the web site half built, ABN, branding and product but no time. With a full time job and a house reno that's determined to go on forever I cannot say if I'll ever get organised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi, @karol.elec
Are you talking specifically scent? I only use essential oils as they go with my philosophy of using natural products.
My brand is Cypress and Box which was supposed to have been available a couple of years ago but then life happens. You may have noticed several aussie shave soap makers have come and gone over the last several years. I can't even make it to market. Got the web site half built, ABN, branding and product but no time. With a full time job and a house reno that's determined to go on forever I cannot say if I'll ever get organised. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ok
So you are more like a profesional soap maker who just chose different career.
I thought you are just an average wet shaver who cooks a batch of soap for yourself once a year😂
Unfortunately wet shaving is not that common hobby and considering a size of Australian population this can be a very hard and tricky business. But I bet if you wanna cook some soap from time to time just for friends and forum members we would appreciate that👍🏻. I believe you can make a great quality product and make it exactly what you like👍🏻

Ok
So you are more like a profesional soap maker who just chose different career.
I thought you are just an average wet shaver who cooks a batch of soap for yourself once a year😂
Unfortunately wet shaving is not that common hobby and considering a size of Australian population this can be a very hard and tricky business. But I bet if you wanna cook some soap from time to time just for friends and forum members we would appreciate that👍🏻. I believe you can make a great quality product and make it exactly what you like👍🏻
Yes, the advantages of a hobby is you can stuff around all you like satisfying soap and scent making whims. Once you make a business of it a different priorities reign.

PXL-20240105-202754859-PORTRAIT.jpg

Brush: Forgotten Art "Macchiato" 26mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Czech & Speake (Valobra) - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
COTD: Guatemala Huehuetenango

Hi, @karol.elec
Happy New Year good sir!
As one of the few who have tried your soap I hold out hope that things align where you can find time to produce batches for purchase as the base and scents are as good as those from more established brands. Its a real shame that many local artisans have left this niche hobby as the list is full of great people who made some premium soaps, perfumery, brushes... :cry: