Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
2yneygw.jpg

Karve 'C' w/ Perma-Sharp (3)
Mondial1908 ABC Boar
Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Soap and Splash

New brush. I ordered an ABC boar but the brush I got had no mention of Antica Barberia on it:/ I messaged the vendor but got no reply lol. So is this an ABC boar or a Mondial, are they the same thing?

Either way I loved this brush on the first go. I was prepared for a few bad lathers in the beginning like the semouge, but damn this was great. It did suck up the lather though, the third pass was a bit thin. I face lathered though, bowl it would of been perfect I think.

@LukehGee i got same brush only polished and with Mondial branding....
Agree it's a killer brush but it's going to take some time and patience to break it in....

Must say the Noble Otter 'Thé Noir Et Vanille' Soap and Splash packaging has really caught my eye....
Is performance and scent strength good in your opinion....

2yneygw.jpg

Mondial1908 ABC Boar

New brush. I ordered an ABC boar but the brush I got had no mention of Antica Barberia on it:/ I messaged the vendor but got no reply lol. So is this an ABC boar or a Mondial, are they the same thing?

Either way I loved this brush on the first go. I was prepared for a few bad lathers in the beginning like the semouge, but damn this was great. It did suck up the lather though, the third pass was a bit thin. I face lathered though, bowl it would of been perfect I think.
When searching for an ABC boar,this comes up

https://www.executivegrooming.com.a...ojx50aMo2GQX4li0Qlwm1KtEN5Nuo3KBoCci4QAvD_BwE

Also this. Note the logo
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Antica-...847433?hash=item46718e1449:g:aP0AAOSw9KhaFITf

It seems they are indeed the same company,or one of them is licensed to use the other brand.

@fruityasu yeah I love the Noble Otter packaging as well. The soap tubs also have a side label which I find super handy.

The scent of of the soap is strong and hangs about a bit after a shave, and the splash scent strength is about the same as an APR splash.

The soap performance is up there with the APR F2 base and Declaration Grooming. I would rate it above the two B&M bases, Chiesled Face and Stirling (not to take anything away from them soaps). It's a really good soap base.

@fruityasu yeah I love the Noble Otter packaging as well. The soap tubs also have a side label which I find super handy.

The scent of of the soap is strong and hangs about a bit after a shave, and the splash scent strength is about the same as an APR splash.

The soap performance is up there with the APR F2 base and Declaration Grooming. I would rate it above the two B&M bases, Chiesled Face and Stirling (not to take anything away from them soaps). It's a really good soap base.

Looks like I need to get me a set @LukehGee....

2yneygw.jpg

Mondial1908 ABC Boar

Nice brush @LukehGee . Is yours 25 or 26mm knot? Just looking at the links that @pvsampson put up. Did you get it off eBay?

Nice brush @LukehGee . Is yours 25 or 26mm knot? Just looking at the links that @pvsampson put up. Did you get it off eBay?

I got it from the Executive Grooming site. It's 26mm knot, 60mm loft.if you sign up to the newsletter on the site, you can get 10 bucks off an order over 100 bucks.

My only issue is with my confusion over the ABC branding, I emailed them a week ago and have yet to get a reply. I'm not phased because the brush is great, but still, how hard is it to answer an email.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
Soap/Cream: Proraso 'Red' Sandalwood with shea butter
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock green
Post-shave: Omega Alum block, Cella lozione dopobarba

Slightly rushed shave today as I was running late for a family outing - only managed a SAS. Didn't get a particularly good lather from the Proraso red soap. I've got a soft spot for it because the cream was my very first when I started wet shaving 6 years ago....but I doubt it'll return to my rotation once this puck is finished. Still loving the green eucalyptus and menthol version though.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S, (4)
Blade: Astra Green (3)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
A super shave for a Sunday arvo.

Pre: Proraso red
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch

I picked up a puck of the Haslinger from Vshod and it lathered up wonderfully and provided really good slickness. Unfortunately my skin reacted horribly to it, and such was the burning that I had to stop after the second pass, and I still feel it even now. It's a bit of a shame; I wonder what ingredient it could be.

Pre: Proraso red
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch

I picked up a puck of the Haslinger from Vshod and it lathered up wonderfully and provided really good slickness. Unfortunately my skin reacted horribly to it, and such was the burning that I had to stop after the second pass, and I still feel it even now. It's a bit of a shame; I wonder what ingredient it could be.
I believe you’re allergic to lanolin which gives you the burning skin rash feels on your face, have you used Mitchell's Wool Fat before which a lot more lanolin than Haslinger Schafmilch.

Yeah that's the thing, I use MWF fairly regularly and never got the slightest tingle from it. The sheep's milk from the Haslinger maybe?
Is the soap in vegan or tallow, because Haslinger stop making tallow base version when they’ve changed some of the formula to vegan version which you could be allergic too

Status
Not open for further replies.