Status
Not open for further replies.
CArbYxFl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R2)
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair

What an enormous fuss (or personal clumsiness!) it is to open these aftershave samples! A nice burn and scent from it though. Have a good weekend everyone.

CArbYxFl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4/R2)
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair

What an enormous fuss (or personal clumsiness!) it is to open these aftershave samples! A nice burn and scent from it though. Have a good weekend everyone.
The SV balms are right up there amongst my favourites (Eufros and Lea/myrsol).

IMAG0268.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Head: Headblade Ghost
Razor: WCS SB + Titanium handle
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Washpool Bergamot, Patchouli & Cedarwood

A first shave with this soap and early impressions are great. Managed to whip us some slick lather with post shave feel on par with similar vegan soap's. The scents combine well and remind me of a mild jaffa orange which I really like. Overall a very comfortable & efficient head/face SOTD... Have a great remainder to your weekend!

PvXBmsD.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Dart....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2....
Soap: APR Florian....

That Chubby is insane - I love it....
And the Florian is just SEXY....
Have a great night Gents....

Date: 22 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&E ~ Monte Carlo
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

QAn1zjel.jpg

Brush: ER 100
Soap: Nivea
Razor: ER Featherweight
Blade: Gem SS
@Sticky what's the ER Featherweight like comparing to other GEM razors? because I don't have a Featherweight in my den.

My collection of GEM razors I have which are:-

British Ever Ready Streamline SE
GEM G-Bar
GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
1938 GEM 1912 Australian Commemorative made in England

Last edited:
@Sticky what's the ER Featherweight like comparing to other GEM razors? because I don't have a Featherweight in my den.

My collection of GEM razors I have which are:-

British Ever Ready Streamline SE
GEM G-Bar
GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
GEM Micromatic Bullet Tip
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
1938 GEM 1912 Australian Commemorative made in England[/QUOTE]
Well Speedy I think your den would benefit from the addition of a Featherweight. The head is pretty much the same as the G-Bar (or Heavy Flat Top) but, as you would expect, it is lighter so a little milder but still a good shave. It was my first SE so I really like mine and think they look cool. They can be picked up pretty cheap if you are patient so it would be a shame not to have one.
I saw you had a 1938 1912 a great piece of Australian history.

Well Speedy I think your den would benefit from the addition of a Featherweight. The head is pretty much the same as the G-Bar (or Heavy Flat Top) but, as you would expect, it is lighter so a little milder but still a good shave. It was my first SE so I really like mine and think they look cool. They can be picked up pretty cheap if you are patient so it would be a shame not to have one.
I saw you had a 1938 1912 a great piece of Australian history.
I start looking and keep my eyes open for the Featherweight, thanks for your feedback @Sticky 👍

xUWbXmkl.jpg

Brush: Beard and Blade Synthetic
Razor: RR Gamechanger on EJ Handle
Blade: Croma (3)
Cream: Windsor
A/S: Aqua Velva

Grabbed the Windsor at my local chemist this morning. Scent is a nice peppermint and feels very cool on the skin. Lathers easily, is very slick, Aussie made and at $6.95 a tube well worth the price for me.

Brewed full mash all grain beer today with my son and made a new experimental soap at the same time so I was a bit exhausted at the end of the day. The only sensible thing of course was a superb straight razor shave using my new experimental soap.
6/8" Full hollow
Vie-Long Horse hair brush
"X" perimental soap - Great glide and slickness with beautiful face feel.

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend

Steve

Squadron Soap September

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' re-knotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

So. Good. To. Be. Home.

21xPr2el.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Calendula/Chamomile
Brush: Master Badger
Razor: TI Flower Pattern
Very nice combo with the Calendula/Chamomile and the TI, with the Calendula/Chamomile producing a very glossy creamy lather perfect for the straight. I had begrudged the TI a little from purchase as I'd been slow pulling the trigger on the razor I wanted and missed out, scoring the Rose Pattern as 2nd choice. It's done nothing but reward me with consistent excellent shaves and is proving to be a favourite.
Disaster this week (of the first world kind :)), my iPad got jammed in amongst luggage on the way home and attempted to many log in's. Resulted in having to do a full restore, after several upgrades of IOS on iPad and iMac. Fortunately I had done a backup last month which meant I only lost a small amount of data on my razor databases:nailbiting:. Might have to go to something cloud based.

2yneygw.jpg

Karve 'C' w/ Perma-Sharp (3)
Mondial1908 ABC Boar
Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Soap and Splash

New brush. I ordered an ABC boar but the brush I got had no mention of Antica Barberia on it:/ I messaged the vendor but got no reply lol. So is this an ABC boar or a Mondial, are they the same thing?

Either way I loved this brush on the first go. I was prepared for a few bad lathers in the beginning like the semouge, but damn this was great. It did suck up the lather though, the third pass was a bit thin. I face lathered though, bowl it would of been perfect I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.