Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date Night at the MCG....

jtMKySK.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 24mm Black Wolf....
Soap: APR Skye Fall....

Go Tigers....

Rather than boring you with my beautiful hotel bathroom last week or some ridiculous nice food shots or even worse my boring travel shave gear...

24QOsMt.jpg

W94hVVe.jpg

d8UMZhS.jpg

ElPbtHb.jpg

euNYwVk.jpg

XGjcwmd.jpg

Back on topic...

fDjCFZy.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

One of the perks of being back home after a wonderful time discovering the Great Barrier Reef and other parts of far north Queensland is a stellar shave setup like this. Spectacular Mike's lather whipped up by this beautiful Paladin and the BBS-1/Ladas combo resulted in a very very happy face.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre: Warm water, Crew Oil
Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

Nice spring weather in the nation's capital so the APR Coolabah was the go. Paired with the Timeless resulted in a excellent shave.Two passes and a touch up for a very close and smooth shave.
Enjoy the weekend folks.

Yesterday and today I used Face Fat Jaffa:

Yesterday:
Machine: Weber/UFO + AStra green
brush: BSB2 silvertip
soap: Face Fat Jaffa
splash: APR Suitably attired summer

GoJ5I08.jpg

Today:
machine: Timeless scalloped 0.68 closed / UFO + Astra green
brush: BSB2 silvertip
soap: Face fat jaffa
splash1: C&L TSM Fougere
splash2: SV sample (Osmo)

CMThlAE.jpg

Yesterday was a terrible shave, more cuts and nicks in a single shave than in the rest of year... could be the blade, could be the soap, could be my mood (most likely). Today a far better result, but not sure about the soap. I can say that this soap taste different from others I use,probably because of the bentonite clay? The soap smell life I reckon jaffas should smell. It makes a very nice looking lather, but I'll need more trials to it. The catastrophic shave of yesterday may most likely not related to it, but it may be biasing my opinion, so I'll give it another go after few days :)

Squadron Soap September

Pre-shave: [Long] Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 LE shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial Auction 2018 LE aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

So good to be home!
The Prodigal Son returns - welcome home, Agent 66!

Squadron Soap September

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Boar/Badger Combination
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

So nice, you forget how much you miss these simple pleasures.

It gets to you after a while without you noticing it and you start posting bathroom pictures, some ridiculous food shots or even worse your boring travel shave gear ... ;)

SOTN 21/09/18
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade:
Perma Sharp (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Fat Face Green Fougere

I was in a rush to make dinner plans last night hence the lack of a photo. Pretty decent shave with the soap. Not my favorite scent as I find it too 'grassy' for my liking but still lathers up well. Finished off with some wonderful Florian (love the citrus & musk) for an overall enjoyable DFS :) Happy shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Jack Black Vitamins and pepper face buff
Brush: Vulfix Pure Badger
Soap/Cream: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock green
Post-shave: Omega Alum block, Proraso Green lozione dopobarba
Fragrance: Aramis

Men's Biz sent me a sample of the Jack Black pre-shave face buff months ago, and I've only just gotten around to trying it out. Had a nice spicy kick to it, but not sure if it had any effect on my shave.

Attempted a 3 pass shave for the first time in months, and while the result was BBS, not sure it was worth the hassle as my face stung like buggery when I applied the alum and proraso menthol after shave. My usual routine is 1.25 passes - WTG all over first pass, then ATG on my upper lip and chin area is more than enough for a CCS.

On a positive note I'm loving the PAA Cold Spices soap. Wish I'd gotten into the whole Artisan thing years ago. Looking forward to the tub of Squardon Dispatch Rider ordered a couple of days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.