Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Sykefall shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Sykefall aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Sykefall EDT

So long off this horse, glad to be back on!

Meant to be on leave this week but so busy with work :( You cannot control timing of things in this game ...

Skye Fall :love::love:

Razor :: Vintage Schick Paul Revere (L5) Injector
Blade :: B-20 Proline
Brush :: Black Anvil - Stradivarius
Bowl :: Symmetrical Pottery
Soap :: L&L Grooming/Chatillion Lux - Champs de Lavande
Finale :: Cold Water Rinse/Alum/Witch Hazel/Chatillion Lux - Champs de Lavande Toner & AS
lPeF08r.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 Tungsten Steel (2)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Geo. F Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

After my first shave with the Dart and subsequent blood-letting with a Polsilver blade, I changed out to a vintage NOS Personna P74. The Tigris whipped up some lovely B&M lather, with the unique and exotic Cologne Russe scent.
Like first time out, I again focused on technique and zero pressure. The shaving experience was similar to my previous shave; this time a little smoother, and very efficient, with a lot of blade feel. I managed to tree-top a healing nick from the last shave, and give myself a fresh one while I was at it.
Three passes and a couple of buffs for a BBS result. The penalty was a couple of nicks as mentioned, and a slightly raw face feel. There was also mild irritation similar to the previous shave. The CRSW fixed things up nicely, and post shave feel was very good.
It seems that the Dart is, for my face, a little too aggressive.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Board/Badger Combination
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Cold, grey, gloomy day - perfect excuse for the Fenchurch!

4gUmI39.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: Eufros Tobacco....
Post: Eufros Tobacco Aftershave Balm, Aramis Havana EDT....

Semogue 1305,
Mondial Florence,
Baili BD191,
Polsilver,
Witch Hazel,
Viet Fougere

Cool and wet morning here.Had a few days growth and deciding between the Yaqi OC and the Baili with the the "almost Tech" winning.
Turned out a good choice for two passes and some buffing,smooth with a couple of tiny weepers on the chin and I am still pretty impressed with how well this cheap razor shaves.
Last weekend of school holidays,kids don't want to go back and getting nervous about their first grappling competition tomorrow.Hopefully the creek stays down so we can get out.

I'm still using Barbasol shaving cream for lather because I suck at loading soap on a brush.

One thing at a time, get the razor sorted and don't forget you get new whiskers daily so eventually when you want to try soap and a brush you are comfortable with the main part. Teach yourself by lathering in your hand. Or use a kitchen soup bowl as it doesn't have to always be lathered on your face.

Bottom line though, if your results are good enjoy.

SOTD 12/10/18
IMAG0290.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Karve (D plate)
Blade: Astra Green (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Squadron's Group Captain's Blend
Post: Shower / Washpool Face Cleansing Bar / Thayers / Squadron's Group Captain's Blend splash

Smooth, efficient and still noticed the wonderful scent from the splash 13 hours later :) Happy shaves!

Very nice keen Bengall blade with a gifted badger brush from my son. This is a 21mm Muhle Silver Tip knot in a faux tortoise shell handle and it is brilliant - with Proraso Red cream soap. The brush is probably in the travel brush range but is a very easy daily driver. The lather was top class. It is fine with puck soaps but sensational with the tube soap.

Another blade honed with the new Kapton tape on the spine of the Bengall and the shave was perfect. Although I finish on oil with my Arks or Coticule the tape doesn't let go because of the lubricant. I have never been a tape fan but I can recommend the tape to those who wish to use tape to protect a decorative spine. If I remember correctly it is .04mm thick. And extremely strong and abrasion resistant.

Steve

Date: 14 October 2018 very early morning shave before heading to Wollongong Masonic Funeral.

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Zenith B27 Boar 28/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Pure Lavender
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'F' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / TSW Aftershave Balm
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Status
Not open for further replies.