Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Chatillon Lux / Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender aftershave splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

Some days there can be no compromise, you have to push for an unconditional surrender

QnDAgOw.jpg

Valobra Pre Shave
M&F
MergressXL
Feather
B&M Cheshire
L'Artisan Parfumer Tea for Two

Pre-shave: Shower and Hot towel
Brush: Yaqi Sargrada Familia
Soap/Cream:
APR Fenchurch
Razor:
Parker 98R
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1st)
Post-shave: TSW Alum block, Nivea Sensitive, Fenchurch splash
Fragrance:
1992 YSL Kouros EDT (white bottle, not in photo because of the condition of the bottle :vomit:)
All items seamed very appropriate for the NQ Referee awards dinner. Razor hidden due to state of cleanliness or lack there of. It also has had a bath, scub and a polish since the photo.

20180929_160851.jpg

9Kq0aFvh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Meissner Tremonia Moroccan Rhassoul
Brush: SOC Boar
Razor: Dorko 43 Near Wedge
AS: Pb Bay Lime
Mmm Mm, love this sport. Lovely shave this morning. Bit of TLC on the Dorko with Jojoba oil loosens up the crud in the hinge joint so tightened the pin last night to avoid those awkward cigar cutting moments when the blade drops on a finger. Haven't been caught yet but a loose blade is always a bit disconcerting.
The Marg Fenn bowl floats nicely in the basin for warm lather which is nice occasionally. I always look forward to the Moroccan Rhassoul. Nice hit of clove. Thinking about scoring the Strong & Scottish which @lerenau showed me at the last Canberra meet up.

cU864r9.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: APR Velours Noir
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A very much needed relaxing and enjoyable Sunday shave. I had so much APR lather on my brush, that it was flying every where and forgot to take a picture - it was truly fantastic!

I hope you all have a superb Sunday (y)

Delayed SOTD alert!

Yesterday 13/10/18
Pre: hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: A&G Lavender
Blade: Voskhod (2)

Today 14/10/18
Blade: Voskhod (3)

Close shaves with the new Rex but definitely needing to lower the setting to about 1.5 or lower when shaving my neck. Not sure whether it’s better to ride the cap or the guard yet? Will continue to experiment either way!

Delayed SOTD alert!

Yesterday 13/10/18

Today 14/10/18

Close shaves with the new Rex but definitely needing to lower the setting to about 1.5 or lower when shaving my neck. Not sure whether it’s better to ride the cap or the guard yet? Will continue to experiment either way!

'Delayed SOTD' and an 'Alert' - hands busy Buddy....😇😇😇

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.95mm Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: AP Reserve Florian
I've had my Timeless with scalloped base plates (0.68 & 0.95mm gaps) for a while now. My personal preference for blades to date are feathers closely followed by Astra Greens. Very smooth comfortable shaves with no irritation.
Have a good week folks.

upload photo

SATURDAY
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vulfix Old Original Pure Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Post: Omega Alum stick, Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol lozione dopobarba

Best shave I've had in ages. Two passes (WTG, ATG) = DFS. If I was forced to choose one setup to shave with for the rest of my life, this may well be it.

SUNDAY
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vulfix Old Original Pure Badger
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian
Razor: Merkur 37c slant

First shave with APR Florian...OMG what a scent! Definitely the best in my rotation currently. Also lasted for several hours post shave, which is something Ive only rarely experienced before.

Last edited:
Delayed SOTD alert!

Yesterday 13/10/18

Today 14/10/18

I found working back from the guard easier than going from the cap down.

I found working back from the guard easier than going from the cap down.
Thanks @Korbz so try with the handle more perpendicular to my face, but slowly increase the angle away?

With my Rockwell I tend to ride the cap on my neck regardless of which plate I’m using. I feel so far that the lower settings is where I’m at with the Rex. But having said this, each shave with it has been less than 24 hours after the previous. I might miss shaving tomorrow and see how Tuesday goes.

Thanks @Korbz so try with the handle more perpendicular to my face, but slowly increase the angle away?

With my Rockwell I tend to ride the cap on my neck regardless of which plate I’m using. I feel so far that the lower settings is where I’m at with the Rex. But having said this, each shave with it has been less than 24 hours after the previous. I might miss shaving tomorrow and see how Tuesday goes.
Yeah mate, I found starting close to face then moving handle away good for me. I’m normally a 4 on the Rockwell, and found 2 was the sweet spot on the Rex (or slightly just under) for daily shaves.

Machine: Timeless scalloped 0.95 OC / UFO golith prototype
blade: Gillette Nacet
brush: Doug korn NC Envy white
soap: storybook soapworks hallward's dream
splash: AP Reserve Fougere Bourbon Rose

kVzNGCx.jpg

Quite surprise (for good) on the soap performance. This knot probably has the largest backbone effect of all I have, but it is surprisingly soft on the face.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire aftershave splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire Solid Cologne

Chocks away on another busy week. Finished work with an email out at 1am this morning and first contact from the media before 6:30 this morning. Already have a seminar with a board in the diary for tonight as well. [sigh]

Good thing I can start with such a great shave - thanks @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau !

Status
Not open for further replies.