balm: AP Reserve General Ledger

PvtDX8f.jpg

THE GENERAL!!!!
Very nice line-up there, Fer!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor:Pils 101NE
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 Tungsten Steel (5)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Penhaligon's Sartorial (decant)

One of my favourite soaps - I couldn't wish for a fresher outdoors scent. Also, like all Stirling soaps, it is a great performer.
The Rooney brush is intriguing - it is so soft and splays so easily that I found myself wondering if I had loaded enough soap prior to lathering. For a second time it made a fool of me, producing seemingly endless amounts of quality lather.
Three passes for a very comfortable DFS with a lovely post shave feel.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Time for a change and the Eclipse grabbed my fancy! It really is a nice razor to use.

7lwQkL4h.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb French Green Garden
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB HMW
Razor: Puma 226
Very nice shave after giving the Puma a refresh on the hones last night. I found a microchip right on the toe point (guessing from being dropped the other day during the SOTD shoot) which rounded off nicely. It's a lovely blade to hone, quality steel and very consistent bevel.
If I had to describe to someone the sort of shaves I aim for, I'd be describing this.

Very nice line-up there, Fer!

Thanks :) ! pretty good stuff for yesterday, specially The General. As splashes last me much less than soaps (normally), I can try more scents by going for splashes, without ending with several Kg of soap (soaps other than APR can be sourced sample sized from a couple of known vendors, so I can then choose to maybe get or not some full tubs; currently thinking between TSM fougere and Trismegistus, most likely the latter one). Also, as my new phone is so bad at taking pictures, I am starting to explore some "effects" to minimize the bad qualiyy, focus etc :D

Thanks :) ! pretty good stuff for yesterday, specially The General. As splashes last me much less than soaps (normally), I can try more scents by going for splashes, without ending with several Kg of soap (soaps other than APR can be sourced sample sized from a couple of known vendors, so I can then choose to maybe get or not some full tubs; currently thinking between TSM fougere and Trismegistus, most likely the latter one). Also, as my new phone is so bad at taking pictures, I am starting to explore some "effects" to minimize the bad qualiyy, focus etc :D

The General NEVER dissappoints ...

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Brushes P&C Limited Edition Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

More change, a different brush. The APR will not change, I'm sure that I can see the end of this tub ...

Pre: hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Edwin Jagger Cream - Aloe
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

Excellent and comfortable shave! First time using these blades and boy did it perform! Perhaps better than the GSB - we shall find out...

The cream performance was again very good. Easy to lather of course and made slick by adding some water and painting once the consistency was on point. The scent was faint but more evident than the sandlewood one. Didn’t even bother with the greasy aftershave lotion. Binned it.

Enjoy the week ahead guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.