Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 09 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Dance of Agrumes Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #9
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Date: 09 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Black Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Dance of Agrumes Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #9
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice
Is this you with your buddy Agrumes???
Go get em mouse....😂

kuAI1j6.jpg

SOTD for Tuesday the 9th of April 2019

Eiko YSK2 Yasuki Steel
Strop Martin J. Rubin 4601 New York
Semogue TSN LE Boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Tom Ford Noir Balm
Tom Ford Noir Edp

KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STF v1 25mm
CRSW - Fougere Moderne
Gaia ASB

I absolutely love the scent of CRSW soaps but admittedly, it's a soap I have struggled with. I load up, add water slowly but it goes from thick to too thin instantly.

Today, I used my STF v1 and loaded very heavily and had the best result I've ever had from CRSW. Still not the greatest but definitely a good, stable lather.

I could never bring myself to get rid of the 3 I have just due to how wonderful the scents are.

20190409-093011-01.jpg

Vulfix Burlington, @Tony Forsyth manchurian knot
Koraat Knives, The White Queen
Torchwood

Wow, what a lovely shave. I'm on holiday at the moment and took the opportunity to really take this one slowly. Two passes was all that was needed for a super close shave, with no nicks or irritation whatsoever. I love this razor. The Torchwood has an awesome scent and whipped up a super stable, cushiony lather. Bliss​

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (6)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black

Beautiful two passes for a DFS+ thanks to some brilliant lather, awesome razor, plus a blade that's still going strong after 6 shaves.

[
bSPLOxS.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2.5/1.5)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo
Lather: APR Fenchurch
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Today I shaved one half of my face with the aggressive setting for the first pass and the milder setting for the subsequent passes, while for the other side I used the more aggressive setting during the final pass - just to get it out of my system. While I could not detect any difference in the closeness of the shave, the side with the aggressive setting during the final pass felt a bit rougher and I also had a couple of weepers there...test done and back to normal from next shave on.

I cannot believe, it has taken me so long to use this APR scent for the first time - absolutely beautiful and I totally agree whit all the rave Fenchurch reviews and the resulting APR lather was just wonderful.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

Three times a treat!

Lovely shave before my flight this morning.

Brush: yaqi synth
Soap: dg bandwagon
Balm: bandwagon
Razor: general ss.
Took a break from the travel box this morning and went back to the general for a reset.all I can say is I missed it and it delivered the most effortless and efficient shave for the last week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.