Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Phoenix
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: TI Bijou De France

Date: 07 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Dance of Agrumes Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- YSL L’Homme

brush: yaqi synth
soap: apr winterfall
splash: winterfall
razor: karve d plate
same shave this morning and yesterday. trying the karve out now and im pretty impressed with it. it seems to have a fairly narrow angle range but is easy enough to find. the experience is of a smooth shave that never feels aggressive in any way but can still bite with a bit of carelessness. it is fairly efficent with this plate around the rockwell 6s on 5 or 6 plate. .it does give a good shave leaving very little in the way of irritation. it is a nice razor and worth the money if you have it and like something finished a bit better than your average razor it is great in use with no faults or bad habits and would make a great daily shaver.only thing for me was it just lacked that wow factor something that really sets it apart from a bunch of other great razors out there these days but that is a personal thing nothing more.

KarveD w/Polsilver
FS pur-tech stubby synth
SV Stella Alpina
Gaia ASB

Damn...overloaded and no matter what I did, I just couldn't seem to hydrate the lather enough!!

It was my first use of this soap so I'll be trying it again tomorrow with a boar brush.

20190407-092242-01.jpg

Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac shaving cream

What can I say, an excellent Sunday arvo shave.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mystic Water Barbershop (P&C meetup box sample)
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Captains Choice Bay Rum (P&C meetup box sample)

Finally had a complete shave with the Mystic Water Barbershop sample from the meetup box. (Had a couple of false starts after stuffing up the lather due to my lack of experience with samples). Worth the wait though - beautifully smooth, slick two pass shave for a DFS+. Very impressive post shave feel too. Only downside was the lack of scent strength once lathered up. Smells great out of the sample container though. Mystic Water will definitely go onto my to buy list.

WfKmDub.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Tabular Rasa Steam Punk
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: London Bridge (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent:Tabula Rasa Steam Punk

Autumn evenings are upon me, so time for the super-moisturising Tabula Rasa soap. Also time to give my minty NOS Wilkinson Sword Sticky her first dance.
A natural partner was a blade from the same family and period - the London Bridge.
Three very comfortable passes - the blade could hardly be felt. A very pleasant DFS and the usual superb post shave from the soap.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

Ahhh, so nice ...

5rFOm1nl.jpg

WfKmDub.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Tabular Rasa Steam Punk
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: London Bridge (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent:Tabula Rasa Steam Punk

Autumn evenings are upon me, so time for the super-moisturising Tabula Rasa soap. Also time to give my minty NOS Wilkinson Sword Sticky her first dance.
A natural partner was a blade from the same family and period - the London Bridge.
Three very comfortable passes - the blade could hardly be felt. A very pleasant DFS and the usual superb post shave from the soap.

Lovely stick there mate!

This razor continues to amaze me. Took on a solid 3 days growth this morning first pass just mowed it all down with ease. Such a smooth close shave, i would say the closest BBS i have ever had.

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower
Brush:- Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap:- A & E The Club Signature
Razor:- Timeless .95 SB
Blade:- Polsilver SI (2)
Post-shave:- A & E Uno Splash

YbJjfJd.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fatboy....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street....
Post: TOBS Jermyn Street Aftershave, Balm and Cologne....

Kf5ruqdl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Mystic Water Soap - Cedar Sage sample
Brush: Vie- Long Black Horse
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Titan (4)
No lack of blade feel with this razor. I couldn't use it as a daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.