Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop

rrWJPdj.jpg

Paradigm Titanium II
Feather
SV 2.0
Murphy and McNeil
Claddagh​

IMG-20190425-180425-01.jpg

Avon Excalibur is such a good aftershave, I decided to build the shave around it. Also finished off my Maya soap sample. I was going to use TOBS Jermyn St but it has gone off since I last gave away a sample and I'll post a pic below. Here's a more detailed photo of the Souplex which is a petite and stylish razor that is mildish but efficient. It is easy to nick yourself because it really is petite.

This is a bit yuck....
IMG-20190425-180953.jpg

Hi all. Nice to have succeeded with tonight's shave.
Because of my little incident I'm now on a combination of blood thinners and the warnings about cuts on the medication tend to focus the mind and every stroke of the razor keeps the attention on the lather for any change of colour :). Technique is now even more important.
I spent some time yesterday with my Japanese hone and produced an exceedingly smooth sharp blade. My Russian 6/8"

The shave:
About 10 days growth, a great lather with my Semogue boar [830] and my latest soap formulation.
Single - careful pass - with a wonderful blade for an acceptable DFS.
It is nice to get rid of the whiskers, a straight cares not for the number of days growth.
Thanks for your thoughts in the other post.

Steve

Because of my little incident I'm now on a combination of blood thinners and the warnings about cuts on the medication tend to focus the mind and every stroke of the razor keeps the attention on the lather for any change of colour :). Technique is now even more important.
I spent some time yesterday with my Japanese hone and produced an exceedingly smooth sharp blade. My Russian 6/8"

The shave:
About 10 days growth, a great lather with my Semogue boar [830] and my latest soap formulation.
It is nice to get rid of the whiskers, a straight cares not for the number of days growth.

Steve
giphy.gif

The shave:

Steve
I’m kinda’ glad you’re doing single pass shaves now.:)

The shave:

Steve

Remember that old adage mate -

NO PRESSURE!

Looking forward to reading many more SOTD posts...

Where did you get that video of @bald as and @alfredus Speedy?

IMG-20190425-180425-01.jpg

Avon Excalibur is such a good aftershave, I decided to build the shave around it. Also finished off my Maya soap sample. I was going to use TOBS Jermyn St but it has gone off since I last gave away a sample and I'll post a pic below. Here's a more detailed photo of the Souplex which is a petite and stylish razor that is mildish but efficient. It is easy to nick yourself because it really is petite.

This is a bit yuck....
IMG-20190425-180953.jpg
This has made me decide to use my TOBS up seeing this. Better used up than being thrown away

The shave:

Steve
Nice to see you back on the forum @bald as . Take it easy and wishing you well.

The shave:

Steve

Good to see you back on deck mate....😎😎😎

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All LE collaboration shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All LE collaboration aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

DLSQdDMl.jpg

Simpsons Manchurian M7
APR Velours Noir
Timeless Bronze
Timor blade
Whipped up a lovely lather this morning, but was very disappointed with the first pass. The razor and blade combo just weren't effective, then on the second pass everything felt quite rough. I ended up with a decent enough result, but will not use this combo again.

1iDDXT1l.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Red Dwarf
Brush: Semogue 1800
Razor: Damascus
If I ever had to settle on a base it wouldn't be one with Palm Oil in it, simply for aesthetics, as you don't get the extreme glossy sheen on the lather. That's part of the reason why I don't settle on a base, each base has it's own character and I quite like the qualities that Palm Oil provides (besides being economical).
Red Dwarf performed very nicely this morning, taking plenty of water but not at the demanding rate of its cousin Green Dwarf. Protection is very good. Post shave feel is good and Mrs Pbgoose commented she liked the post shave scent on my face. I will probably have a crack at the AS for the Red Dwarf.
I love the Buddha Wood oil scent but after hanging around it for the last week I'll be happy to give it a rest for a bit.
Lather Shot

Date:- 26 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ La Fougère Parfaite
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #13
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.