Soap: Pb Henry MkII
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Damascus

Dindi pre shave oil
Fine Marvel w/personna red
EJ STFv1 23mm
SV Dolomiti
Gaia ASB

It's always a pleasure to use the Dolomiti!! Such a wonderful scent that for me is very comforting and uplifting. Reminds me of the beach...but not in an aquatic scent way.

The blade is so so. DFS was achieved but couldn't quite get you my preferred BBS. Will try it in the Karve tomorrow.

20190428-090321-01.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

The jury is still out on the Nacet blades. Just not getting comfortable enjoyable shaves with them.

Date:- 28 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ La Fougère Parfaite
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #12
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (8)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Same same, using the second brush from the front.

nO4t6jNl.jpg

Date:- 29 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Lav Sublime
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

IMG-20190429-082703-01.jpg

Tried the natural "Earth" artisan soap but pretty much pulled it as soon as the foamy thin rubbish on my face was disappearing as soon as I applied. Let's use a soap instead that's excellent and the scent will work with the vintage Country Club aftershave. Hello, Wholly Kaw. Perfect shave with my favourite razor, the sublime Colonial General SE razor. Beautiful shave.

The aftershave, which I think is from the late 40s / early 50s based on my searches and the design, is a bit clapped out. Scent is a tiny bit sour on the skin and almost no burn at all despite it being alcohol based. It did have some moisturising properties though!! Perhaps my 1970s Avon is as far back as I should go when it comes to aftershaves but I am glad I used it. It certainly displays well.

Dindi pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
DS Cosmetic silvertip
Haslinger Coconut
Gaia ASB

Decent silvertip brush but a much lower level than the Yaqi badger brushes.

The haslinger coconut is just fantastic! They do the single note scents so well!

20190429-092624-01.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Aloe vera gel
Razor: Gillette Slim H 1 1962 (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red lead

Shave of the Week

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (OC C)
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica

I am trying out a weekly soap rotation. Last week was Mystic Water Bay Rum, I love the scent of this soap and the lather is great when you get it right but I do find it extremely fiddly with a very small soap/water window. You have to load very heavily and add water a few drops at a time very gradually. The slightest bit too much water too quick and the lather turns to frothy bubbles and there is no saving it. This kept happening with the Omega boar, I put it down to the boar holding too much water and releasing it into the lather too quickly. I eventually gave up trying to lather the MW soap with the boar and had great results using the Yaqi synthetic instead. I will keep this soap for the scent alone but would not buy Mystic Water soap again. There are so many other soaps with just as good lather and post shave that lather easily without the drama (YMMV of course).

This weeks soap, the Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica is a perfect example, a 15 second load, plenty of quality lather with wonderful post shave feel. Five stars.

WzpirWz.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Lea Classic (Tallow)
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Alvarez Gomez Barberia EdC

I really enjoy the Lea Classic tallow puck soap. It is a little on the thirsty side, but once properly hydrated, for me it stands shoulder to shoulder with other classics like MWF and Tabac.
Three passes for a BBS finish. I was enjoying the shave so much that I got a little enthusiastic with my neck strokes, resulting in a touch of razor burn. A timely reminder that whilst the vintage Personna blade is buttery smooth, it is also very sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.