Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire aftershave balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire EDP

Simply wonderful

vV8xTjLl.jpg

d3DuaE9l.jpg

Next soap of choice is up. After seeing some TOBS in here that went funky, it’s time to use mine up. It’s probably a shade over 12 months since I bought it, maybe closer to 18 months but still looks fine, like the day I opened it.
The lather was beginning to dissipate towards the end of the first pass, and the second pass lather seemed quite thin. Still fine to get a great shave. Will work on my cream lathering technique for a while.

Not shown in photo is fragrance. I received a sample pack of Fulton & Roarks solid colognes a few days ago. I’ve been using the Sterling one which is a warm tobacco, leather and vanilla scent. Goes perfectly with the Skyefall! Absolutely lovely to catch whiffs of during the day, and having the sample at work means it’s simple to reapply when needed.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Rose Concerto
Post-shave: APR Florian Splash

Slightly rough on the shave, put it down to the razor. Either polsilvers dont hold out as much as the persona's or I am doing way to many passes trying to achieve BBS.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Polsilver (3)
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Rose Concerto
Post-shave: APR Florian Splash

Slightly rough on the shave, put it down to the razor. Either polsilvers dont hold out as much as the persona's or I am doing way to many passes trying to achieve BBS.
Out of curiosity, how much of the Florian splash remains having polished off the soap??

Date:- 09 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #9
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

I'm very impressed with the Karve C base plate that can manage to shave off 4 days growth without any issue or any cleanup after a complete 3 pass shave, my skin is very soft and smooth as a baby bare bum and my skin feels shiny at the same time while is soft and smooth. Also, the blade is still holding its edge very strong mowing down 4 days growth without any issue as well using the C base plate, I'm still very impressed with the Karve razor, I wish they could bloody hurry up with the stainless steel very soon, so I can place my order ASAP.

Last edited:
Every now and then a shave comes along and changes it all.

Finally thought the Proraso (Omega) boar brush was broken in/soft enough to try a direct face lather. I'm working through Barrister and May so it was Seville up to the plate for my first attempt.

A heavy load and a couple of dabs in the sink later and I had a respectable (albeit thicker than normal) lather on the face.

Grabbed the Rockwell 6s (plate 5) and had a crack shaving and the feel was just incredible. I've never had such a smooth and easy shave. Even with a non preferred blade (Rapira stainless - 3rd shave).

Went for the three pass and it must be the closest shave I've ever had.

Face lathering, definitely a game changer.

Every now and then a shave comes along and changes it all.

Finally thought the Proraso (Omega) boar brush was broken in/soft enough to try a direct face lather. I'm working through Barrister and May so it was Seville up to the plate for my first attempt.

A heavy load and a couple of dabs in the sink later and I had a respectable (albeit thicker than normal) lather on the face.

Grabbed the Rockwell 6s (plate 5) and had a crack shaving and the feel was just incredible. I've never had such a smooth and easy shave. Even with a non preferred blade (Rapira stainless - 3rd shave).

Went for the three pass and it must be the closest shave I've ever had.

Face lathering, definitely a game changer.
Nice shave Chris, (and very orange for the Dutch) and yes the feeling of nailing a shave by trying something new is rewarding.
"Too much lather made me have a bad shave".... said no one ever....

What is the Classic sample for?

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
DS Cosmetic tuxedo flat top
LpL Herbal
Sacred Earth splash

Good shave but something in this soap reacts with my skin so it was not the most pleasant, especially the upper lip burning! I also had red blotches here and there for about half an hour afterwards.

20190509-092635-2.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch

Nice shave Chris, (and very orange for the Dutch) and yes the feeling of nailing a shave by trying something new is rewarding.
"Too much lather made me have a bad shave".... said no one ever....

What is the Classic sample for?

Definitely, so great when something works out.

The sample's just there as it's the other soap I've been using for the last week or so for Barrister and May (Just too lazy to move it out of the way). I tried to use the girlfriend's Barrister and Mann "Patches" for more variety, oh lord I tried. But it is just not for me, or most people methinks.

Pre: shower and glycerin soap wash
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Boomtown
Cream: TOBS Almond
Razor: Karve C
Blade: Persona red
Post 1: Lucky Tiger - face wanted something more so...
Post 2: APR Bombora splash - face felt burning so...
Post 3: Soap Commander Vision balm
Fragrance: Fulton & Roark Sterling solid cologne

Shave itself was buttery smooth but from the moment I splashed some Bombora on, youchies! Never had this before so not sure what happened, but after a small bit of balm, face felt fine again. Smooth as a baby’s butt...

Status
Not open for further replies.