Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
hbpWfRzl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Bath House - Cuban Cedar & Lime
Brush: Old Boar
Razor: Leaf & Twig
Pulled out the Twig today to give it a go. It does a job but not a fan of it. I'm in two minds, I think if you have to use the Twig then I wouldn't buy the Leaf in the first place, but I used to use the trimmer blade on the Gillette Fusion and the Leaf reminds me of the Fusion so am tempted to flip it over.... but no trimmer blade........ so there's the Twig.
I think the Leaf will be flying solo.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Haslinger Honig
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (5)

Loving the Haslinger Honey sample from the P&C meetup box. Very easy to build a delightful slick lather; yet another great soap to add to the wish list.
I too love the sandalwood Haslinger sample that I got from the P&C meetup box

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
Mystic Water - Viola di Bosco
Sacred Earth splash

I love MW soaps! They are awesome in every way. Lather is rich and creamy and the scents are always very pleasing.

I can't get enough of this brush these days so I'm using it more often...it is after all my favorite brush ever!

20190510-080915-2.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

an1R1oel.jpg

Acqua Di Parma Shave Oil
Acqua Di Parma Cream
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Symmetrical Bacon Bowl
Feather Artist Club SS
Schick Proline
Kemi - Kemi

If there’s a constant in my shaving, it’s no matter where I roam, at some point I always come back to Acqua Di Parma and Brindisi

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

"This is your [Group] Captain speaking, please ensure that you are strapped in and ready for a great shave!"

I was and it was! Following the theme from the P&B Spitfire earlier in the week this was another great shave. Thanks @SchoolForAnts !!!

fpRF1TAl.jpg

Ahhh Melbourne SOTD....

NogKDDo.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Tony Forsyth Debonair....
Soap: Noble Otter Two Kings....
Post: Noble Otter Two Kings Aftershave, Alexandria Fragrances Oriental Oud EDP....

Simfix - synthetic bristle
ASCO
Hone
APR Velours Noir soap and splash
22 years of wet shaving with a badger brush and this was my first ever experience with a synthetic. In short, I didn't like it at all. It got the job done, and is already dry, which will be great for when I'm travelling. But, apart from those two redeeming factors I will not be in a rush to use it again any time soon. Who knows, had I been shaving with synthetics for 22 years, then I probably wouldn't like badger hair. I get that there are different levels of synthetics, but I just like the feel and result of the brushes that I have already that I will not be in any hurry to try any of those soon. YMMV.

IMG-20190511-121940-01.jpg

A beautiful, relaxed Saturday is inevitable after this combo, even if Invictus is not the most daring if my scents. I picked up the aftershave on the bay for not too much and it's a great, drying alcohol based splash that suits the oily bastard crew, like me. A reminder too of what was lost when Tim's Shave Soaps pulled up stumps. The signature is a winner.

Simfix - synthetic bristle
ASCO
Hone
APR Velours Noir soap and splash
22 years of wet shaving with a badger brush and this was my first ever experience with a synthetic. In short, I didn't like it at all. It got the job done, and is already dry, which will be great for when I'm travelling. But, apart from those two redeeming factors I will not be in a rush to use it again any time soon. Who knows, had I been shaving with synthetics for 22 years, then I probably wouldn't like badger hair. I get that there are different levels of synthetics, but I just like the feel and result of the brushes that I have already that I will not be in any hurry to try any of those soon. YMMV.
My sentiments exactly! Even though I haven't tried a synthetic shaving brush yet....... :LOL: I'm happy to keep the synthetics for my paint brushes.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

Mr Iggns (Boss cat) loves the scent from the Squadron Coronet Fougere soap and splash. Also the shave was fanbloodytastic

One of my cats looks very much like this one! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.