Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
Nice shave with this kit.

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
Washpool Farm - Lemongrass/Lime/Lemon Myrtle
Sacred Earth splash

Awesome scent on the soap! Washpool is one of the most underrated soaps out there. They're an Aussie soap maker so I hope more of our community supports them!

20190530-090951-1.jpg
I agree, I just wish their shaving soaps were a little more heavily scented.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Very nice

s0CY7Lzl.jpg

Virtual replica of yesterday’s shave but dialed back to a straight bar B and got great results. Not sure my head is with it for anything more aggressive after yesterday’s tough day.

Thanks everyone for your kind words...

Omega boar
Rockwell 6s (5)
Shark stainless (4)
B&M Seville
Knize Ten EDT

No pic which is a pity as today was the last day of Barrister and May. Only cheated about 4 times throughout and used up my Classic Reserve sample during the month.

Gotta say the reserve base isn't for me but the Glissant has been delightful throughout. 2 pass and touch ups for a BBS today. Gonna be a while before the tub is gone though...

Now on to "Just use it June" (for the not so favourite soaps).

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
MWF
Vitamin E oil

My skin has been dry for the last few days ago I used vitamin E oil as an aftershave today (didn't use the splash at all). Let's hope the heat doesn't make my face greasy as the day goes on.

I'm addicted to this brush that even with 70 brushes in my den, I really only feel like reaching for this one as my "daily driver".

20190531-083428-1.jpg

Date:- 31 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Synth. Silvertip Fibre 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Project Leather
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #14
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

cNICxyf.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wilkinson "Sticky" kindly on loan from @Mark1966
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another razor I always wanted to try and I am very glad I did. The shave was nice, but not as pleasing as with the Gillette #16 I also tried in the past week and the razor itself also feels not as solid.

The Mike's lather was lovely - as expected - and my face feels smooth and happy.

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

rm5hgLdl.jpg

Soap: Col. Conk Bay Rum
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (2)
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
I've had this puck of Col. Conk in my stash for quite some time and haven't got around to trying it (can't remember who gave it to me). @Dale 's purchase of Col. Conk soaps inspired me to pull it out. Very easy to lather up (pressed 1/3 teaspoon into a bowl and bowl lathered) and performs satisfactorily. Scent is pleasant enough and reminds me a little of Imperial Leather. I'm thinking it should support the R41 OK @Dale . Be interested in your thoughts.
Given some comments made about Col. Conk in the past, in retrospect I should've done a lather shot as I was quite surprised at the quality of the lather (expectations were set to low). It was reasonably glossy and held well throughout the shave. It's not suddenly a favourite but seems OK given its price point. Better than Arko! (and no I don't have a stash of Col. Conk shave soap buried on my property either..............that I'm aware of).

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop

I am pleasantly surprised with the RazoRock Blue Barbershop soap. Lathers easily, nice and slick and has a clean barbershop scent to boot.

First of the day post and first shave with my Muhle R41

Muhle R41
Muhle Sea Buckthorn shave soap
Wahl Silvertip brush...the only brush I own and a give from my brother, he got it for free working for Shavershop
Nivia sensitive aftershave balm

I bought proraso pre shave cream the other day but didn't want to use it for my first shave with the r41 so all conditions would be the same as my normal shave. I wanted to see how deadly it was without anything extra.

No cuts and no irritation and the cleanest and closest wtg shave of my life. I actually laughed out loud after my first long stroke on my head. It was like 3 passes plus touch ups after one no pressure pass. I treated it like it could take my life and it was fine.

@Pbgoose

Glad to hear it works good. From the video reviews I saw it looked like it made a great lather. Bought a glass decor bowl to store the col conk puck in with plenty of room for whipping.
2cmnfgy.jpg
29f9xkp.jpg

Pre- shower
Brush- Razorock Big Bruce
Soap- Stirling Hot Apple Cider
Razor- Karve D
Blade- Gillette Vintage Spoiler (3)
Post- Old Spice

Very nice shave again. Haven’t used the old spice aftershave for quite some time but it goes really well with the Hot Apple Cider soap.
The Karve D just performs as well as I can wish for. To me, this is the ultimate in closeness and comfort. Not a perfect BBS but I don’t aim for that daily as it makes my neck look shirty....

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Rooney badger/boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (6)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

Ahh, six shaves in - there is the problem ...

xoNoqD9l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.