kAl6QEem.jpg

Brush: ER Tux
Soap: PB Myrrlin
Razor:: Henckels Rapide
Blade: La Coq wedge
I'm getting some fantastic shaves thanks to hone/soap wizard @Pbgoose

SVodDiol.jpg

P&C travelling samples box shave:

Even though I’d tried and own some Declaration Grooming soaps I wanted to try the TSM Fougere. It’s a wonderful soap base with top performance in every aspect. The scent was very nice off the soap and stayed strong throughout the shave. I thought the aftershave was slightly different to the soap but matched extremely well and provides good face feel post shave.
Was very good to be home and back to some normality!

But...

Before I go, I’d thought I’d share a pic of the burger from last night!!!

Enjoy.....

JSvpIbAl.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush @Tony Forsyth Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Last shave at home for a couple of weeks - oh what a shave!

oY7ltKdl.jpg

Look at the lather shots here (and one below) -

dLrBWnil.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush @Tony Forsyth Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Last shave at home for a couple of weeks - oh what a shave!

oY7ltKdl.jpg

Look at the lather shots here (and one below) -

dLrBWnil.jpg
Where does this trip take you to?
The cool kids brush and bowl does look supreme!

Where does this trip take you to?
The cool kids brush and bowl does look supreme!

Yes, very cool stuff :)

Sydney tomorrow and then Chicago via DFW and following that Colorado Springs. All work unfortunately :(

Brush: yaqi synth
Razor: 6s
Blade: nacet
Soap: paa no 9
Splash: paa no9
Been on this setup since Sunday and will stick the week out.found a bunch of nacets hidden at the back of the cupboard with some gsb so using them all up might use the gsb next week. May even keep using the soap and solash another week seeing as the bottom of the tub started peeking through after this mornings shave.

Tabac today. Astinus's SOTD last night put me in the mood.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Muhle 39K257 Silvertip Fibre (a good fit for the Tabac tub)
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (1963) I4
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (1)
Balm: Tabac After Shave Balsam
Cologne: Tabac EDC

SOTD-31-7-19.jpg

IMG-20190731-100423.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5 plate)
Bowl: Fine Lather bowl
Soap: Squadron Soap The Warden
Pre: Shower
Post: Squadron Soap The Warden splash // Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser

(A) Happy shave(s)! :D

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
Superb evening shave. WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

Date:- 31 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ 42 .......Whale Vomit
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

My second round with this whale vomit B&M 42 is not too bad, I think, I can keep this soap in my den. However, I'm still not so sure at the moment.

I cannot believe I'm still in love with the Karve stainless steel razor, I'm still keeping the Karve brass version, I have a lot of thinking to do about giving up and maybe selling all the other razors I have in my den..... will see

Last edited:
BeIKoy3l.jpg

P&C travelling samples box shave:

I first smelled some T&S soaps in New York last year and almost immediately put the lids back on and left on the shelf. When I took the lid off the sample of Himalaya from the travelling box, I pretty much duplicated this action.

Then I was sort of convinced to give it a go because when will I ever get to try this base again? So I overlooked the initial scent from the container, and put some in my bowl to get a lather happening.

*Pro tip*
Get an almond sized or so dollop on a knife and “smear” this around the base of a bowl. Doesn’t have to look neat and tidy.

Anyway, while loading up, I thought the scent was a bit of alright, I could get some differing notes and had okay impressions.

Next comes the performance itself, and wowsers! It was so easy to lather up and it was cushioning and slick. Slicker than many soaps I believe. So after two passes I did my usual spot check, and next to nothing required other than the small patch under my chin. I got some lather from the brush (handle) and added no extra water to get great slickness for some pick ups.

Whack some alum on and rinse off then some Himalaya aftershave. This smelled best from the bottle, as once applied it is much more potent (weirdly). It felt very nice going on, almost like it was alcohol free.

Overall, if they could do some lovely scents that are not so offensive, I’d be onto this brand, but then again they tend to “follow the recipe”...

V0Wxyfyl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Lemon Myrtle, Lanolin & Wormwood
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Game Changer .84
That's a nope for the handle and a big tick for the razor. The knurling on the handle is too coarse so it feels uncouth (for our refined world of shaving:)). The shave was great, exactly what I expected, smooth but a good level of efficiency. I think this razor will travel.

Another very enjoyable shave with the R41, Such an efficient razor but i hoestly do not understand where its reputation comes from, no nicks, no cuts and no irritation.. all this with a day 3 polsilver which i could feel was a bit on rough side on the third pass.. gonna chuck in a feather tomorrow and see how that goes

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Mystic Waters – Coconut & Sandalwood

48426319556_8af4c05687_b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.