M&F
WR2
Feather
AP Reserve Fenchurch

Gillette Tech married to a G&F handle
Astra
Simfix super badger
E J Pomegranate and Limes

Lovely scent and performance from this cream. More slick than the D. R. Harris in my opinion. I'm trying to finish off some near empty products at the moment.​
I had some samples of this cream a while back and it was easier to make a slicker lather than ToBS was. Quite impressed actually for a cream.

No photos but:
Pre: MWF bath soap
Soap:mad:Pbgoose "Red Dwarf"
Razor and blade: GC.84, GSB (5)
After: Thayers Witch Hazel.
Absolutely superb, this local made soap has a post shave feel that is second to none.
I don't know how the red face appeared in the post.
Put it down to my total ignorance of all things electronic

KarveD-OC w/GSB
Yaqi plissoft 24mm
Mystic Water - Lemongrass/Eucalyptus
Thayers Lemon

I absolutely love MW soaps! They are so underrated in the community and I wish they would expand by stocking product with resellers. They are doing themselves a huge disservice!

The plissoft fibre may just be my favorite from Yaqi!

20190801-082440-1.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4688.jpg

BeIKoy3l.jpg

P&C travelling samples box shave:

I first smelled some T&S soaps in New York last year and almost immediately put the lids back on and left on the shelf. When I took the lid off the sample of Himalaya from the travelling box, I pretty much duplicated this action.

Then I was sort of convinced to give it a go because when will I ever get to try this base again? So I overlooked the initial scent from the container, and put some in my bowl to get a lather happening.

*Pro tip*
Get an almond sized or so dollop on a knife and “smear” this around the base of a bowl. Doesn’t have to look neat and tidy.

Anyway, while loading up, I thought the scent was a bit of alright, I could get some differing notes and had okay impressions.

Next comes the performance itself, and wowsers! It was so easy to lather up and it was cushioning and slick. Slicker than many soaps I believe. So after two passes I did my usual spot check, and next to nothing required other than the small patch under my chin. I got some lather from the brush (handle) and added no extra water to get great slickness for some pick ups.

Whack some alum on and rinse off then some Himalaya aftershave. This smelled best from the bottle, as once applied it is much more potent (weirdly). It felt very nice going on, almost like it was alcohol free.

Overall, if they could do some lovely scents that are not so offensive, I’d be onto this brand, but then again they tend to “follow the recipe”...
Tallow+Steel are very underrated hence why I put the Himalaya up for the P&C.
Most of their scents miss their mark and sadly in two cases burnt some users face's off.
Yet the base is phenomenal and their Boreal, Madagascar and Sicily scents are absolutely lovely. They just released their Lemon&Spice and sounds great too.
The aftershave has a very low alcohol level (as a preservative) so can be shipped world wide.

Did you get the resin based smoke from it? The scent will grow on you. Took me a while.

Another very enjoyable shave with the R41, Such an efficient razor but i hoestly do not understand where its reputation comes from, no nicks, no cuts and no irritation.. all this with a day 3 polsilver which i could feel was a bit on rough side on the third pass.. gonna chuck in a feather tomorrow and see how that goes

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Mystic Waters – Coconut & Sandalwood
The R41 is known as the beast but as you found out it really isn't at the high end of aggressive. My PAA evolution eats it for breakfast. Think the feather will make it a smoother shaver. Lightly goes it (y)

No photos but:
Absolutely superb, this local made soap has a post shave feel that is second to none.
Lol was wondering about the angry face there, never known you to be an angry man. Thought you had it in for @Pbgoose though he ain't that local to us.
LhxraADl.jpg

Pre: Warm towel
Razor: 6S R4
Blade: Personna Red (2)
Brush: Sam & Son Silvertip
Soap: B&M 42

Now time for a whisky
@SpeedyPC see another B&M 42 fan like myself. More of a Autumn scent for me and lovely balanced fresh flowers come to mind.

No photos but:
The angry red face means that he could be allergic or causing irritation from the Pbgoose "Red Dwarf"

6QiPk4z.jpg

Apologies for the spam:sorry:
A day for new experiences: Usually a face latherer I had to give the P&C Auction wins a good work out.
So I selected the softest brush I have in the den and a few other items that have been in the display cabinet waiting for an opportunity to try them out.

Pre-shave: Shower
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery(y)(y)
Brush: Maggard Razors - 24mm Synthetic :meh:
Soap: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS(y)(y)
Razor: Edwin Jagger - IVPSR - Plaza Imitation Ivory(n)
Blade: Personna Blue
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS Aftershave(y)(y)

GPzlPzT.jpg

Enjoyed the TEXAUS scent profile and it lathered well, as you can see. Reminds me a bit of Ghost Town Barber another favorite
The razor didn't last out the routine. I felt the safety bar scallops more than the blade. Maybe the razor blade combo ??
After 3 passes I resorted to some tried and tested favorites (39C & Slim) to finish off.

Brush and bowl after 5 passes. Still enough for another couple(y).(y)

jtoJdOh.jpg

Tallow+Steel are very underrated hence why I put the Himalaya up for the P&C.
Most of their scents miss their mark and sadly in two cases burnt some users face's off.
Yet the base is phenomenal and their Boreal, Madagascar and Sicily scents are absolutely lovely. They just released their Lemon&Spice and sounds great too.
The aftershave has a very low alcohol level (as a preservative) so can be shipped world wide.

Did you get the resin based smoke from it? The scent will grow on you. Took me a while.
The sample box has opened my eyes. I took a small sample to use later down the track as well. The more I sniff it, the more it’s growing on me. I never realised the splash is low alcohol and “shippable”. Thanks mate!

6QiPk4z.jpg

Apologies for the spam:sorry:
A day for new experiences: Usually a face latherer I had to give the P&C Auction wins a good work out.
So I selected the softest brush I have in the den and a few other items that have been in the display cabinet waiting for an opportunity to try them out.

Pre-shave: Shower
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery(y)(y)
Brush: Maggard Razors - 24mm Synthetic :meh:
Soap: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS(y)(y)
Razor: Edwin Jagger - IVPSR - Plaza Imitation Ivory(n)
Blade: Personna Blue
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS Aftershave(y)(y)

GPzlPzT.jpg

Enjoyed the TEXAUS scent profile and it lathered well, as you can see. Reminds me a bit of Ghost Town Barber another favorite
The razor didn't last out the routine. I felt the safety bar scallops more than the blade. Maybe the razor blade combo ??
After 3 passes I resorted to some tried and tested favorites (39C & Slim) to finish off.

Brush and bowl after 5 passes. Still enough for another couple(y).(y)

jtoJdOh.jpg
Overall I reckon 2 thumbs up!

h5CilDCl.jpg

Well the samples box is finished for me!
Time now to move onto a winter soap for the final month of winter.
This is my first use of the Noble Otter aftershave and I quite liked it. The scent is rather sweet but in a masculine way.

Status
Not open for further replies.