Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFg7LRyl.jpg

This mornings shave I used a sample of some PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science I got off a mate.

It’s super soft but made a very good lather. Not sure if it’s the latest base, I think it’s not.

Smell was very reminiscent of Proraso red to me, nice but not mindblowingly great.

Gave the 37c a run with a fresh Gillette Silver Blue. Very comfortable and tomorrow I’m going to stick with the Merkur theme and dust off the 34c.

Date:- 16 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soaps ~ Texas on Fire (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'C' / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Date:- 16 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soaps ~ Texas on Fire (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'C' / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave
Hey Voldemort, what's your thoughts on the scent from Texas of Fire??
From memory, i liked it and so did the missus, very leather-forward, correct?

Hey Voldemort, what's your thoughts on the scent from Texas of Fire??
From memory, i liked it and so did the missus, very leather-forward, correct?
Straight from the tub smoky straight from a bushfire with a bit of burning tar and leather scent, when you create a lather it has a vanilla and cedarwood or sandalwood in the background.

Pre-shave: Shower/Bloom Water
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Brush: Simpson The Duke 2 Pure Badger
Soap: TEXAUS
Razor/Blade: R41/Nacet(1)
Post-shave: Stirling WHAM/TEXAUS
I planned a daily comparison of the R41 and JAWS but didn't think that through very well. After today's shave I don't think I could swap between these two aggressive razors daily.
The Witch Hazel Aloe Menthol had about 10x the stinging effect thanks to the R41 aggressiveness
SczL4BP.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard
The RazoRock Blue triple milled soap performs well, its easy to lather and slick. The splash complements the soap nicely.

IMG-4825.jpg

Straight from the tub smoky straight from a bushfire with a bit of burning tar and leather scent, when you create a lather it has a vanilla and cedarwood or sandalwood in the background.
@tim33z sorry burning tar isn’t the correct word, I quickly did another small lather again to re-correct the scent, smell like wood charcoal or charcoal wood from a burning bushfire or burning forest

915px-ogatan-japanesebriquettecharcoal.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars splash and balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars EDP

Wintery here again this morning!

Well if it’s good enough for @Mark1966 to not include a photo, it’s good enough for me!

Pre: hot shower 🚿
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 🚀
Soap: PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

For the first time in maybe 2 years, Mr 34C was on deck. I’d kinda made an assumption that it was a beginner razor and below what I’ve come to expect with my latest razor buys. I was right I think. I got a good enough shave, but required more work than the Karve for example. It has the sentimental value as it was my first DE I owned and used. I think it will hang around for now.

Used the remainder of the sample and made great lather. Still pretty sure it’s not CK-6 formula but still very good performance.

Barbershop was calling to be used today and it’s one of my favourites to use. Enjoy the scent so much.

Well if it’s good enough for @Mark1966 to not include a photo, it’s good enough for me!

Pre: hot shower 🚿
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 🚀
Soap: PAA Supreme Sandalwood Science
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)

For the first time in maybe 2 years, Mr 34C was on deck. I’d kinda made an assumption that it was a beginner razor and below what I’ve come to expect with my latest razor buys. I was right I think. I got a good enough shave, but required more work than the Karve for example. It has the sentimental value as it was my first DE I owned and used. I think it will hang around for now.

Used the remainder of the sample and made great lather. Still pretty sure it’s not CK-6 formula but still very good performance.

Barbershop was calling to be used today and it’s one of my favourites to use. Enjoy the scent so much.

Your post with BONUS emojis has embarrassed me into action ...

Pictures from my drive to work today - SNOW on the hills to the east of Canberra -

Zqgwgjul.jpg
EzvTtpyl.jpg

Yes, I pulled over and took shots from the car! The second is Mount Majura, further into work Mount Ainsle had snow for those who know Canberra.

Never seen this before

Pictures from my drive to work today - SNOW on the hills to the east of Canberra -

Zqgwgjul.jpg
EzvTtpyl.jpg

Yes, I pulled over and took shots from the car! The second is Mount Majura, further into work Mount Ainsle had snow for those who know Canberra.

Never seen this before
Every post needs some colour, and while your "afterthought" is not terrible per se, i applaud the effort to stop your car and wind down a window for some photos while being quite obviously cold.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41 + Yaqi brass handle
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi Synth Tuxedo 24mm – Mysterious Space
Soap: B&M Reserve - Lavender

Another ripper lather and close shave. Never have I previously been able to get such a slick protective lather so consistently in the past, glad to of finally got it. The R41 + feather combo with a bit of cap riding and a very light touch is just sublime.

APR Florian splash + B&M lavender combo is a match made in heaven and perfect for a lovely spring day.

Happy Shaves!!

48745764498_b18366018c_b.jpg

BBfBK3Il.jpg

Soap: Squadron Red Lead
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM (1)
Nice to have the Sabre back in the rotation. It outperforms plenty of my DE's.
Haven't touched Red Lead in a while. Today was the perfect morning with the sound of rain on the tin roof whilst shaving. :)(y)

Zqgwgjul.jpg
EzvTtpyl.jpg

Never seen this before

There was a good dusting of snow on the Brindabellas this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.