Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion of synthetics has changed and I understand why some shavers prefer them over natural bristle. I highly recommend YAQI synthetics to any NOOB (y)(y)
The B&M lathered a lot better with the YAQI but I just have to accept the base is different. Face lathering and getting a good lather but still not as tactile as other soaps. Second lather was far slicker with the right amount of adhesion. I've enjoyed having blade tabs covered and very mild and efficient shaves with the Progress on #1. Time to change the blade though.
PS: Really appreciate the dispenser on the B&M Aftershave slow pour cap to prevent over spill.
Kte0sJW.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: YAQI - Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor/Blade: Merkur – Progress #1 / Nacet #6
Post-shave: B&M Reserve Spice

Date:- 10 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Honeycomb (Blue) Synth. Tuxedo 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Summer Fig
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney shaving soap splash
Fragrance: Aqua di Gio

Been enjoying using the same set up all week - helps to really appreciate the products. Would certainly buy more of this aftershave if @todras still made it (although his current range equally good of course!) and the Acqua di Gio is a big change from the winter scents.

9oJiO98l.jpg

qvyGHcEl.jpg

Similar setup to the rest of the week, love this soap but it may be finished in say 2 weeks. No problem though, they seem to be doing well and production continues well.
The feather was really beginning to feel dull on today’s 3rd use. I’ve heard they die quickly but don’t recall experiencing it personally. Now I have. End thoughts are that they are nothing special to me. Prefer many other brands over them.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Post: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Festivus Splash, Stirling Executive Man balm
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4980.jpg

AkcJuhE.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Magnificent shave in preparation for the weekend!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Last edited:
Date:- 11 October 2019

Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .68P / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- N/A

Brush: RR boar
Face: RR Mamba
Blade: Astra Blue (6)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: A&E Asian Plum
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel + Vaseline Replenishing Mouisteriser

A quick prework DFS. Mixed feelings on the Mamba as its a well made SS DE that shaves super smooth but such a shame as its a very inefficient shaver for my beard type. OK for a quick DFS when paired with the reliable Astra blade. . Similar thoughts on the soap as it lathers well and has superior post shave properties but not so sure on the scent. :unsure: Have a great weekend!

Date:- 11 October 2019

Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .68P / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- N/A
This must be a first! @SpeedyPC using a razor the day it arrives!!!

Decent shave, results were excellent BBS clean but felt a little rough while shaving. The 6C is usually a smooth razor so putting this one down to the feather in this particular razor. Still no burn but I certainly felt the sting of the splash this time.

Try a lower plate (2/3) with a new Feather - the high plates are better for blades that aren’t as sharp IME.

3DDL8OF.jpg

Same setup as yesterday with bowl lather. The YAQI synthetic has made all the difference to the B&M Reserve experience.
I noticed in the WC video the guy with the big dense brush was the one having problem lathering and similar IME.
Photo and lather shot after 2 passes and DFS with no blade tabs.
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: YAQI - Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Razor/Blade: Merkur – Progress #1 / Polsilver #1
Post-shave: B&M Reserve Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.