Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE Jubilee Shaving Brush (19/150)
Soap/Cream: Santa Maria Novella Crema da Marba shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Lady Gillette "Champagne"
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)
Post-shave: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano splash
Fragrance: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano EDC

Who put that bit lump in my neck? I mean, seriously, you would think after 30+ years of shaving that I would be able to avoid taking a slice of Adam's Apple, but not today, sigh.

ExErbh1l.jpg

HI3lsltl.jpg

Terrific shave again. The Rockwell plate 4 is a great way to start a day. It hasn’t had much love since getting a Karve or two but it’s a great shaver. To think, I was going to sell it a while ago!?!

Post shave was identical to yesterday’s shave since it was so good.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut & Sandalwood

From the moment I got the timeless I have always enjoyed it, but something has changed over the past couple of shaves and it now delivers super smooth, 100% irritation free shaves when chasing BBS. Also super happy with these Wilkinson Blades and need to A/B them with my favorite blades to date the Polsilvers.

Now I may be going bonkers, but the love for the timeless is so strong I am questioning the need for a WOLFMAN????

48938429907_bf5c1ac614_b.jpg

ymGvNnD.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Would have been a wonderful shave, but I could only use one hand due to stabbing myself with a sharp knife...28C definitely warrants some Lime soap!

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Ariana & Evans Frozen Mojitos
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

A&E Frozen Mojitos soap whipped up quickly into a thick creamy lather, good cushioning, nice and slick. The matching splash has a nice scent of lime and mint leaving the face feeling refreshed and hydrated.
The downside, Mojitos scent must have similar properties to catnip, now my cat finds me irresistible. :LOL:

IMG-5001.jpg

gNAPCAp.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Right Handed Giant
Razor: Mergress XL (2)
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Right Handed Giant Post-shave Balm
Scent: Acca Kappa Green Mandarin

First shave with Phoenix & Beau's newly released soap Right Handed Giant. The scent is a tribute to Brut, and I enjoyed it very much. It still has that earthy backbone which seems a characteristic of most P&B soaps, but I think this works well with the fresh fougère notes typical of the original Faberge Brut. I also noted that the consistency of the soap seems a little firmer than my other P&B soaps. The artwork, true to form for Phonix and Beau, is terrific - who couldn't love a Brut-crazed Prometheus :cool:. Well done, @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau (not forgetting Sarah for her brilliant artwork).

I dialed the Mergress back slightly to 2 for this shave. Three effortless passes - the lather was very slick and protective. The matching Righted Handed Giant post-shave balm was delightful - the scent strength is just how I like balms - subtle but gently persistent, and it absorbed nicely into my skin to leave it smooth but with no greasiness. Rounded things out with that most extreme of citrus fragrances - Acca Kappa Green Mandarin.

Last edited:
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (2)

Who put that bit lump in my neck? I mean, seriously, you would think after 30+ years of shaving that I would be able to avoid taking a slice of Adam's Apple, but not today, sigh.

ExErbh1l.jpg
Agent 66; you return home, and the first three shaves are matching sets from Acqua Di Parma and S. Maria Novella?
Has Mrs 1966 let you out of the boudoir yet ;).

Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)

Managed to avoid my Adam's Apple today, how embarassing that was, and had a great shave with my most expensive soap and splash. Why the most expensive? Well I did buy them from their shop in Firenze so I'm including the airfares. I mean I was staying in an apartment less than 100 metres away from them so how could I resist!

ExErbh1l.jpg

Agent 66; you return home, and the first three shaves are matching sets from Acqua Di Parma and S. Maria Novella?
Has Mrs 1966 let you out of the boudoir yet ;).

... or am I in the doghouse because of the costs?

Great to be home, great to be home ...

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo Knot
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

Another amazing shave with this combo.. What has surprised me is that I have completed the fourth shave with this blade and it was still smooth. This is either an amazing blade or riding the cap prolongs the life of the blade. Will be going as far as I can with this one and testing out the new angles with a polsilver next

Date:- 23 October 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Which One's Pink
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Rapira Platinum Lux #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Status
Not open for further replies.