Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KingCobra what settings give you the best results with the Black Beauty? I’m test driving a 69 Black Beauty lent by @Holiday . I’m enjoying it but don’t think I’ve landed on perfect settings/technique just yet
@astinus4 first pass on 3 and click up one per pass. WTG, XTG, ATG. Not sure if this helps, I also concentrate on using a light touch With this razor something I don’t need to do with the feather.

@KingCobra what size is the Cola Synth 22mm and how do you find it? I am trialing a few 24mm YAQI synthetics at the moment and while they are an improvement over the Maggards 24mm Synthetic I still find them too spongy/springy and end up make a lot of mess.
@Holiday I like it although my favourite is the rainbow brown which I had left behind at a hotel on my travels, I have just replaced it BTW. I have the sagrada familia as well. Ranking the 3 in my opinion from top to bottom - Rainbow brown, cola synth, sagrada familia. The cola synth has a longer handle so Is taller and easier to grip and more comfortable to use. I prefer the plisson knot of the cola over the tuxedo of the sagrada familia.

Yeterdays shave
Wl4H90B.jpg

Rapira Platinum Lux
Feather ASD2
Yaqi Cola Synth
APR/SB Fresca Intensa Soap/Splash
John Varvatos Artisan Pure

Wonderful shave!

X1MHjHwh.jpg

One with the works thanks:
Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: PAA Sangre De Drago
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Heljestrand
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago
Nice to be home for a real shave:)
I've been looking forward all week to try the Sangre De Drago soap. It didn't disappoint though the scent is different lathered to out of the tub. Warm rich scent out of the tub and when lathered a slight sharper mortein aspect that threw me at first but it's not inconsistent with the AS.

X1MHjHwh.jpg

One with the works thanks:
Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: PAA Sangre De Drago
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Heljestrand
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago
Nice to be home for a real shave:)
I've been looking forward all week to try the Sangre De Drago soap. It didn't disappoint though the scent is different lathered to out of the tub. Warm rich scent out of the tub and when lathered a slight sharper mortein aspect that threw me at first but it's not inconsistent with the AS.
Aah...... the steel from Eskilstuna! On my wish list

5DZ3ePVl.jpg

Pre: generic facial moisturiser
Brush: yaqi 26mm
Soap: washpool unscented
Razor: gotta 120 (edge by @Substance )

This razor you may recall was the one we found in my late fathers garage in the ongoing cleanup effort.
The work @Substance has put into it is amazing and I can recommend his work to anyone.

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: iKon Shavecraft 102 slant + OSS handle
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Squadron Soap Dispatch Rider
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Brut splash // Vaseline Replenishing Moisturiser

A super smooth prework SOTD. Noticed some minor 'razor burn' on the neck so will look to skip shaving for a few days to let the skin recover. Not an uncomfortable shave as the effected area has been troubling me the last couple shaves :( The blade paired really well with the slant and I enjoyed the added weight + length of the OSS handle... Happy shaves!

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson LE Jubilee Shaving Brush (19/150)
Soap/Cream: Aqua di Palma Colonia shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 (1966) Lady Gillette "Champagne"
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Aqua di Palma Colonia splash
Fragrance: Aqua di Palma Colonia EDC

What a shave to come home to! Sensational :)

W6TURcyl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.