Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfman Razors WR2 initial shave experience...

FMPjSujl.jpg

No point in beating around the bush. This razor is special. Some of that comes from the relative rarity (though becoming more common obviously), and some comes from the quality of craftsmanship that James DuFour provides (even on the ‘budget’ model, and the remainder of the experience is made up of the shave itself.

As prevadvised, my razor has the 1.05mm gap and paired with the solid H2 handle. I was bouncing around before finalising the order on whether to go for the standard gap, or up 1 or 2 levels, as well as whether to get the handle hollowed out. I confirmed my order to James and a few hours later, revised my order completely to which he was more than happy to do for me. A true customer service based person in my dealings with him.

So after putting the Polsilver blade from yesterday into the new razor, lathering up with some well known and familiar soap, I put the razor against my face.

Wow!

Finding the correct angle was simple, or in other words, is there a wrong angle? I don’t think so...

The weight of the razor was heavy, but not overly so that it was too much. In fact I became to enjoy the added weight over my other razors.

I did my normal two pass plus touch ups shave. Firstly all WTG, then a XTG/ATG hybrid, crisscross pattern on my neck, and ATG on cheeks. The audible feedback on the first pass was much higher than my karves and effortless to use. The second pass, as I have read in many reports, magically smooths out compared to pass 1. Don’t ask me why, or how, but it was. The razor just glides over the face and takes every whisker away with it. Rinsing under the tap, it cleans away without issue.

After two passes, and only because I wanted to keep using the razor, I went looking for some pick up spots. Any here? Nope- all clean. How about in this spot? Nah no need to go over that spot. Under the nose? Sure I can do some light touch ups there! But there was so little to have to go back over. Even under my chin, which has some stubborn areas, was BBS.

Colour me impressed!

Keeping in mind that this is purely my first impressions and over time, things might change, but it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t again thank @Blackie for his timing of putting the notice on here that the google form was live and taking responses!

What else can I say? Getting under the nose was easy. No problems there. Loading the blade, again a wonderful experience with a unique method (to me).

Anyone who wants to know anything more, hit me up and I’d be happy to provide my thoughts!
Take care!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look people, @tim33z's first impressions about the Wolfman!

Pay attention people, this is the most important post of the day.

(although I do wonder if it is plagarised - I'm sure I've read exactly the same review somewhere else :unsure:)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale

Yesterday’s shave was that close I had bugger all to remove today, decided to go back to back with the R41 and it did not disappoint. Found some WK samples in my den I totally forgot about and giving them a bit of a run, excellent performing soap!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look people, @tim33z's first impressions about the Wolfman!

Pay attention people, this is the most important post of the day.

(although I do wonder if it is plagarised - I'm sure I've read exactly the same review somewhere else :unsure:)
But you saw it here first!

If you catch up with the Prime Minister today, would you kindly show him my post???

fView9K.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb The Green Mac
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Bengall
AS: Pb Max
Plectranthus Amboinicus (Mother of Herbs) was the basis for this soap and still provides a subtle influence on the scent which is now quite mild. Lovely lather for a lovely shave.

fView9K.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb The Green Mac
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Bengall
AS: Pb Max
Plectranthus Amboinicus (Mother of Herbs) was the basis for this soap and still provides a subtle influence on the scent which is now quite mild. Lovely lather for a lovely shave.

Lovely looking Bengall!

Wolfman Razors WR2 initial shave experience...

FMPjSujl.jpg

No point in beating around the bush. This razor is special. Some of that comes from the relative rarity (though becoming more common obviously), and some comes from the quality of craftsmanship that James DuFour provides (even on the ‘budget’ model, and the remainder of the experience is made up of the shave itself.

As prevadvised, my razor has the 1.05mm gap and paired with the solid H2 handle. I was bouncing around before finalising the order on whether to go for the standard gap, or up 1 or 2 levels, as well as whether to get the handle hollowed out. I confirmed my order to James and a few hours later, revised my order completely to which he was more than happy to do for me. A true customer service based person in my dealings with him.

So after putting the Polsilver blade from yesterday into the new razor, lathering up with some well known and familiar soap, I put the razor against my face.

Wow!

Finding the correct angle was simple, or in other words, is there a wrong angle? I don’t think so...

The weight of the razor was heavy, but not overly so that it was too much. In fact I became to enjoy the added weight over my other razors.

I did my normal two pass plus touch ups shave. Firstly all WTG, then a XTG/ATG hybrid, crisscross pattern on my neck, and ATG on cheeks. The audible feedback on the first pass was much higher than my karves and effortless to use. The second pass, as I have read in many reports, magically smooths out compared to pass 1. Don’t ask me why, or how, but it was. The razor just glides over the face and takes every whisker away with it. Rinsing under the tap, it cleans away without issue.

After two passes, and only because I wanted to keep using the razor, I went looking for some pick up spots. Any here? Nope- all clean. How about in this spot? Nah no need to go over that spot. Under the nose? Sure I can do some light touch ups there! But there was so little to have to go back over. Even under my chin, which has some stubborn areas, was BBS.

Colour me impressed!

Keeping in mind that this is purely my first impressions and over time, things might change, but it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t again thank @Blackie for his timing of putting the notice on here that the google form was live and taking responses!

What else can I say? Getting under the nose was easy. No problems there. Loading the blade, again a wonderful experience with a unique method (to me).

Anyone who wants to know anything more, hit me up and I’d be happy to provide my thoughts!
Take care!
Hey @tim33z

Once you have had a few more shaves would like to hear your thoughts on how it compares to some of your other razors.

How long did it take once you placed your order to delivery?

Hey @tim33z

Once you have had a few more shaves would like to hear your thoughts on how it compares to some of your other razors.

How long did it take once you placed your order to delivery?
That's the plan to do some comparison shaves. Nothing i write will come close to @Errol and his weekly reviews however!

I'll talk in local time:
Google form completed around midday 7th Sept thanks to @Blackie
James email asking me to confirm specs on 1st Nov
He confirmed my requests and i made payment on 2nd Nov
Delivery notification on 9th Nov
Delivered on 18th Nov.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG and touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Fanbloodytastic shave this evening. :)

IMG-5078.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.