Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may of missed this already if answered, is the Imperial leather A/S modern or vintage product?
Performance of it and might as well ask about the soap too?
A/S is the current Australian product available at Coles or Woolies for about $10.00. It's a decent enough splash for it's price although the scent is nothing like the classic Imperial Leather scent and it won't be replaced when I finish it.
The soap is excellent as are most soaps from the 60's and 70's. Very slick and great protection, scent has largely dissipated but it is there, just very subdued.

AutoStrop B1
Gem PTFE
Jayaruh 351 boar
Stirling Baker Street
NHf17cAm.jpg

Have a great weekend

Date: 30 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Bulb Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #7
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Tomorrow is the last day for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Oyi4Q9u.jpg

Prep: DR Harris Shampoo bar, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Lea stick
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Super Iridium (Polish) (2)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Repeat mine site Donga shave with the same set up. I'm sure now that the water is the issue with the lather, as I had a similar issuing on a field trip in Armenia last year.
I managed to get a slicker lather this time, although it was always on the verge of dissipating towards the end of the pass.

A much better shave - DFS+, no claret, and I continue to be impressed with the Alt Innsbruck Emulsion as a post shave product.

Gotta love the balmy conditions up here........

gjSm7xW.jpg

NsPgZLmh.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Back Beet V1
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: TI Flower Pattern
Getting hammered with migraines atm hence the late shave but Back Beet is strangely therapeutic. Really nice shave. :happy: Even Mrs Pbgoose came into the bathroom asking what that nice smell was. I'd forgotten how soft the Back Beet V1 soap is but was enjoying the lather.

Mitchell's March draws to an end... now to try out some of my new soaps :)

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (OC C)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Bowl: Fine Lather Bowl
Brush: Omega 48
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post: Nivea Deep Aftershave, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

vn8hg5g.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Tradere SB - kindly loaned by @todras
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another very relaxed and smooth outing with the Tradere and some fantastic Mystic Water lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

It was a very pleasant shave this evening, a newly made soap and a dazzling sharp Japanese Tanifuji 6/8" razor.
I've been out of forum action recently with a few work related deadlines. However I now have my priorities in order :) and intend to get back to posting on a more regular basis.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

Beautifully smooth and efficient two passes for a DFS+, thanks to the Rockwell 6C on plate R6, Baririster and Mann Cologne Russe, and my first drive with a Gillette Silver Blue Blade.

Soundtrack:

It was a very pleasant shave this evening, a newly made soap and a dazzling sharp Japanese Tanifuji 6/8" razor.
I've been out of forum action recently with a few work related deadlines. However I now have my priorities in order :) and intend to get back to posting on a more regular basis.
‘bout time! Leave us in the Arko debacle and come back when it’s quieten’d down.;)
Is the new soap your standard formula or something different?

Is the new soap your standard formula or something different?
It is a different formula. 35% Stearic, 15% Coconut, 20% Kokum, 20%Shea, 5% Castor and 5% Almond oil with 6% Shea for super.
70% Sodium and 30% Potassium with Bentonite and Kaolin. Also 18% additional Glycerine.
Takes quite a bit of water and is very creamy. Nice for a straight.
The Sodium and Potassium Hydroxide percentages are based on the figures provided by soap calc. These are not % of soap weights.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.