Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine Marvel w/Polsilver
EJ STF v1
Local Gent - blackmoor
Gaia ASB

I had pif'd a few soaps to a friend but since they weren't his cup of tea, he dropped them back to me so they wouldn't go to waste.

This is one of those soaps and I really enjoyed it! Awesome scent!!

If I could have just one brush for life, this would be it!!

20190404-095226-01.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

QkrToiE.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Iridium Super (Made in Poland)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Azzaro

Wow - what a great soap!

QkrToiE.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Iridium Super (Made in Poland)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Azzaro

Wow - what a great soap!
Great to see you are still loving the Merkur Future. Very efficient razor and space age 60s vibe design (y)(y)

You are liking the Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu and since the cost of it is double of anything else you kinda want to be. Yet to try it due to the cost, one day but still have my own @SpeedyPC footlocker to get through.

Brush: yaqi synth
Soap: Stirling grapefruit
Splash: grapefruit injunction
Razor/ blade: sticky/7oclock yellow
Dug into the hardware box and pulled out the sticky for a run. First impressions were favourable with the razor feeling light but solid and well put together I feel it's a real step up from Gillette tto razors in the way it feels solid.onto the shave it's a very different angle than the wolfman being much more of a cap riding angle.the shave was smooth and very mild and not very efficient on my face requiring a full 3 passes and touch ups for a sas result and a bit of irritation. Overall not a razor for me due to my wire like facial hair but it is still a very nice razor that would suit those seeking a smoother less agressive razor.did wilkinson make a more aggresive tto razor? If so i would like to try one based on the build quality and solid feel.

today i got out the old DE89.. been a while since i shaved with this and last time i did the shaves were not particularly close and i used to end up with a little burn here and there.. we'll it def surprised me, ended up with a very close and comfortable bbs shave.

First two passes were ok but i really concentrated on the third and finally found the angle, zero burn and a nice BBS.

I really underestimated this razor, and i guess mild razors in general. I will certainly be ordering the 0.68 OC plate from timeless to add to the experience (y)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Mysterious Space - Yaqi
Soap: The Club - Signature
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)

33661200258_f05e9eddf6_c.jpg

APRil - Day 5

Velours Noir
M7, manchurian
Hone + Feather
Having not been able to sell this razor I decided to come back to it. In short I am glad that it didn't sell. Whilst, I still think it is too heavy, it performed exceedingly well this morning. Lovely two pass shave, with the delightful Velours Noir. Happy Weekend.

Date: 05 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Horn 30/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Cuero Oscuro Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #2
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Great to see you are still loving the Merkur Future. Very efficient razor and space age 60s vibe design (y)(y)

You are liking the Pannacrema Nuàvia Blu and since the cost of it is double of anything else you kinda want to be. Yet to try it due to the cost, one day but still have my own @SpeedyPC footlocker to get through.
Spot on, Rusty. I didn't want to fork out the big $$ without trying a sample. It is very good soap - performance reminds me a Boellis Panama, which is similar in cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.