Status
Not open for further replies.
adcydAi_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather
Barrister & Mann Nordost
Barrister’s Reserve Waves splash

We had some amazing rainfall on the Gold Coast over the weekend. Another drenching last night. It’s now lush and green everywhere.

Hot, mostly sunny and muggy morning today. Prepped with cold shower and cranked up the air con.

Nordost - after two shaves I love it. It smells like true to life orange... I don’t pick up the smokiness, maybe a little bit after the shave. Strongly considering buying another one. I think it’s great for hot weather.
Also a lover here. However, I do get some smokiness, not a lot, but just enough.

E2-A39-E08-4932-4-CD0-9-A7-C-5381-F85-F98-FC.jpg

I really like this bespoke Aussie soap with the Karve Brass OC F plate supporting a vintage NOS English-made Nacet blade. Sharp and smooth combo that's slaughtered my school holidays 5 day growth. Had to follow up with some genuine Avon Windjammer AS from the 70s. I smell like MAN.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Tabac whips up easily into a nice dense lather, performance never disappoints.
For me, Tabac and Proraso Green scents are just so nostalgic. Love them.

IMG-20200120-184401.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Head/Face: Leaf Razor
Blade: Rocwell (1)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Soap: APR Alfredus Choice
Post: APR Restoration Peptide Concentrate Serum 15ml Tester A

Not the smoothest of shaves but still managed to get solid results on the head then face with minimal irritation or weepers. Second use of the Serum and so far so good. The scent is very pleasant and application is nice and easy. I haven't experienced any negatives and post shave the skin does feel nice and soft... Happy shaves!

Date:- 20 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Darkfall (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20)& Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

pxRwG5X.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar (y)
Soap: Squadron - The Warden
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al - Electric Blue
Blade: Personna MedPrep (2)
Post-shave: Squadron - The Warden
Baby Smooth is super smooth and mild, slightly more efficient than 34C/89's. Would make a prefect beginners razor.

YfanDtql.jpg

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Aussie Gillette (4)
Lather: Gillette Lemon Lime Foam
A/S: Old Spice

It's been a long time since I've used canned foam, it was never really a regular use item for me since I tended to prefer the Palmolive stick or Fauldings shave cream but if I did it was usually this one.
Performance and scent were just as I remembered, a very synthetic citrus with a very slick and dense lather. Used way too much and washed a fair amount down the drain but still ended up with an irritation free bbs after my usual 3 pass plus touch up shave.

YfanDtql.jpg

Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Aussie Gillette (4)
Lather: Gillette Lemon Lime Foam
A/S: Old Spice

It's been a long time since I've used canned foam, it was never really a regular use item for me since I tended to prefer the Palmolive stick or Fauldings shave cream but if I did it was usually this one.
Performance and scent were just as I remembered, a very synthetic citrus with a very slick and dense lather. Used way too much and washed a fair amount down the drain but still ended up with an irritation free bbs after my usual 3 pass plus touch up shave.
j4RNrtd.jpg
giphy.gif

Aaaaaaaaah........ Bloody toxic airy can goo goo :wideyed::jawdrop::vomit::yuck:

Pre-shave: Warm Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpsons and Culmak
Soap/Cream: SMN Crema da Barba shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette "Aussie Spoiler" (2)
Post-shave: SMN Tabacco Toscano splash
Fragrance: SMN Tabacco Toscano EDC

A blob of lather dropped onto my chest and I thought of messy @tim33z - that was a little weird ...

On a brighter note - happy birthday @Holiday! Cannot beat a vintage birthday shave :)

2nc2i19l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.