Status
Not open for further replies.
5Fj5izh_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather (3)
B&M Fougere Angelique (sample)

Have a great day!

So my SOTD yesterday was a public event.
I did my first wet shaving seminar, social event, very small audience, which was good as I didn't make an idiot of myself in front of too many people. Audience included men and women. We determined the publicity was targeted incorrectly to attract more people. What do others think would attract people to a Wet Shaving information night?
Prior to the event one of my mates talked me into doing a straight razor shave demo at the seminar which went well i.e. no blood loss and seemed to interest people.
Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Henry
Brush: Semogue 1800
Razor: TI Rose Bijou de France
AS: APR Mycroft
Also did a couple of lathering competitions with prizes of a Feather Popular, Omega boar brushes, and Pb Shave Soap on offer.
One of the events was the 'lather and straight razor shave a balloon' (dome shave). I had ordered a few Gold Dollar razors from China for this and they turned up yesterday just as I was heading off to set up for the event. They were great for this as they were sharp but not 'shave ready' which probably made them safer for novices to handle ( I was considering asking a mate Paramedic to attend).:)

zrZNvuMl.jpg

lBa5Nm4l.jpg

izvM7Jvl.jpg

And yes I was told there was too much 'blah' but great experience for me if I do another event as now I have a better feel for what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:
Wel
I did my first wet shaving seminar, social event, very small audience, which was good as I didn't make an idiot of myself in front of too many people. Audience included men and women. We determined the publicity was targeted incorrectly to attract more people. What do others think would attract people to a Wet Shaving information night?
Prior to the event one of my mates talked me into doing a straight razor shave demo at the seminar which went well i.e. no blood loss and seemed to interest people.
Also did a couple of lathering competitions with prizes of a Feather Popular, Omega boar brushes, and Pb Shave Soap on offer.
One of the events was the 'lather and straight razor shave a balloon' (dome shave). I had ordered a few Gold Dollar razors from China for this and they turned up yesterday just as I was heading off to set up for the event. They were great for this as they were sharp but not 'shave ready' which probably made them safer for novices to handle ( I was considering asking a mate Paramedic to attend).:)

zrZNvuMl.jpg

lBa5Nm4l.jpg

izvM7Jvl.jpg

And yes I was told there was too much 'blah' but great experience for me if I do another event as now I have a better feel for what works and what doesn't.

Looks sensational! Well done!

zrZNvuMl.jpg

lBa5Nm4l.jpg

izvM7Jvl.jpg

You look to have done well! But no Arko! visible??

Felt like a Tabac shave today but I didn't want to go 'full tabac' so I paired it with sandalwood balm, a combo I like. A nice close shave.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Rover
Brush: Vie-Long 12705 24mm Horsehair
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (1963) I4
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Balm: Stirling sandalwood

SOTD-22-01-2020.jpg

zrZNvuMl.jpg

lBa5Nm4l.jpg

izvM7Jvl.jpg

Well done (y)

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

Date:- 22 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Gratiot League Square (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Thoughts on this razor and what it compares too please?
Unfortunately I don't own any other TTO razors and the closest adjustable in my collection is the Parker Variant. The Yintal 3000s claims to be a brass TTO and its surprisingly well built for the price, with a narrower head than the Variant and similar shave efficiency and good weight/balance. I have tried it on setting #3 and I find it to be a tad harsh with the best results achieved on setting #2 but #1 is also smooth and comfortable.
I believe it comes in a 5000s version but not sure the difference and you can also find it branded under other names, plus from what I can tell it shares a striking resemblance to the more pricier Viking but can't confirm. I sourced mine at Vshod and for a budget brass TTO it does the job. I do have the Minshi/Qshave adjustable but rarely use it and the Yintal is by far the better choice IMHO.

zrZNvuMl.jpg

lBa5Nm4l.jpg

izvM7Jvl.jpg

A fabulous idea mate and well done spreading the wet shaving gospel. I'm sure the lucky buggers who scored some of your soap will be in for a treat as its better than any of that goop you get from a can. I wonder did you show them the Leaf as its one of those razors that suits both men and women, if only it was more affordable and easier to get for us locals (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.