Not open for further replies.
SOTD 22-11-2020

LxNhYdrl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Fantome de Menthol
Brush: 26mm TF MMW
Razor: Heljestrand
Lovely shave.
Wow, what a week. My son got married on Friday on the South Coast (NSW). We drove the 500kms on Wednesday. Brazilian BBQ on Thursday evening and the wedding on Friday morning. Drove home Saturday. The wedding was a small intimate (20 people) event on the shore of St Georges Basin held in the back yard of a holiday home. Weather and company was perfect with a relatively casual event going off without a hitch. First wedding I've been to where kayaking and swimming was the order of the day after a wedding brunch.
Of course the SOTD for me on the day included my TI Flower Pattern straight razor and Pb Green Parrot soap, had to prepare properly so I was looking sharp in my new suit.:LOL:
This was such a counterpoise to the last four years of chronic illness for our son. He has suffered a relapse this year but fortunately recovered enough for an absolutely beautiful wedding.
EP0cAYJm.jpg
60JjI7wm.jpg

Couple of photos including the groom and his groomsmen hanging out the night before the big day with the best man getting some drone footage of the party.

congratulations on your sons wedding :)

sotd.png

Pre: Hot water
Razor: Mühle Birch-Bark Rocca
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow (3)
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender

SOTWeekend. First of all, a bit of a cockup. I should make a mental note to always flick a blade after two runs. Pushing for 3 never works: face and head with my tungsten-carbide whiskers makes one shave equal to at least 3 "normal" ones, so I only ended up with a DFS(+), although the shave was pleasant enough.

And therein lies the rub: "pleasant" and "smooth" are the defining characteristics of this razor (leaving aside the handle, which is a work of art). I can't believe I'm getting tired of it already, like some inconstant lover..

That's not my thing! It's far too late for me to indulge in mid-life crises! Before this razor was so generously made available, I had been havering over whether to buy the R9x or the Hawk V3. I'm beginning to think I should have done the latter. Never mind, I shall spend a couple of days with my Vector, then return refreshed in mind and spirit...

You can all quit puking on your keyboards now, gentlemen :LOL:

SOTD 22-11-2020

LxNhYdrl.jpg

Lovely shave.
Wow, what a week. My son got married on Friday on the South Coast (NSW). We drove the 500kms on Wednesday. Brazilian BBQ on Thursday evening and the wedding on Friday morning. Drove home Saturday. The wedding was a small intimate (20 people) event on the shore of St Georges Basin held in the back yard of a holiday home. Weather and company was perfect with a relatively casual event going off without a hitch. First wedding I've been to where kayaking and swimming was the order of the day after a wedding brunch.
Of course the SOTD for me on the day included my TI Flower Pattern straight razor and Pb Green Parrot soap, had to prepare properly so I was looking sharp in my new suit.:LOL:
This was such a counterpoise to the last four years of chronic illness for our son. He has suffered a relapse this year but fortunately recovered enough for an absolutely beautiful wedding.
EP0cAYJm.jpg
60JjI7wm.jpg

Couple of photos including the groom and his groomsmen hanging out the night before the big day with the best man getting some drone footage of the party.
Congratulations and best wishes to the young couple. Glad you all had a happy celebration. :cool:

SOTW - This week enjoying Squadron Red Lead with the Apollo Light aggressive base plate and a few mid-sized badgers
Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- The Duke, EJ 21mm Silvertip, Vulfix 2233
Soap:- Squadron - Red Lead
Razor:- Apollo Light - Mild Plate
Blade:- Astra SP
Aftershave:- Squadron - Red Lead

09JYGLD.jpg

Didn't bother with Feather in the mild plate because the Astra SP and Polsilver were so efficient.
Couldn't wait to the morning to try and redeem yesterdays lather and try out the Apollo aggressive Plate.
Did not think the Apollo could get any better, this shave was up there with the Wolfman 1.05 OC in efficiency but may be smooth enough for daily - will know by end of the week

Have a good week P&C :)

Date:- 22 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Brown Windsor
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD 22-11-2020

LxNhYdrl.jpg

Lovely shave.
EP0cAYJm.jpg
60JjI7wm.jpg

Congratulations (y)(y)(y)

IMG-20201122-220835.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm tuxedo
Razor: Rocca V4 R95 // Karve SB Brass (D plate) + WCS M5 brass variant handle
Blade: Wizamet SI (3,4)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Black Cherry
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Rover bowl
Post: Nivea 2 phase A/S lotion // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Two enjoyable shaves with the edge going to the R95 for smoothness and longevity in the shave but the Karve sure looks lovely!
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' (5)
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (1)
Post-shave: APR Acqua di Sydney splash
Fragrance: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio

rMgU08Pl.jpg

Charcoal Goods, Level 3, OC + Feather
Simpsons, Duke 3, Manchurian
MdC Vetyver

Damn, that was a fine shave. Genuine BBS after two passes. I have to respect this razor, but when used with a light pressure gives a wonderful shave. Not a daily driver though. Good to clean up the weekend whiskers on a Monday.​

sotd.png

Pre: Hot water
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional Super (1)
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr

Taking a break from the R95 already. :rolleyes: I like it, but I love the Vector, especially with the Pro Super blade. A beautiful shave.

Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R95
Blade: Gillette 7’Oclock Yellow
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Seville

Another wonderful shave 😊 These blades are definitely sharp, I would say not too much less than a feather but with a lot more smoothness..

StratMan, have you tried a Bic Chrome Platinum in your R95? They are sharper than the 7 o'clock yellows.

StratMan, have you tried a Bic Chrome Platinum in your R95? They are sharper than the 7 o'clock yellows.

hi @Ozwhisker yes I tried one in one of the roccas around a couple of weeks back and believe I did like it. I only have a few blades left so I wanted to familiarize myself with the razor a bit more before I tried them again.

at the moment I reckon my favorite blade in this razor is the wizamet/polsilver and will be using these for the next few days

Date:- 23 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Brown Windsor
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

RAZOR: Thiers Issard Eagle with Stamina scales
CREAM: Proraso Red
BRUSH: Mason Pearson Best Badger knot
STROP: Black beauty double sided hanging leather

4S5OtMS.jpg

An international shave featuring the French, British, and Italians. I think this is the first time in history they have happily worked together; sacrebleu!

Status
Not open for further replies.