Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 25 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red
Razor/Blade:- Razorock Mission / Gillette Rubie #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

RAZOR: Comoy of London 6/8 with Jarrah scales
CREAM: C & E Sienna
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic knot
STROP: Black beauty double sided hanging leather

w6GNdGW.jpg

1 month today until Christmas!

I have found bics take a shave or so to smooth out. Blade flip !
Yeah previous uses generally result in a smoother shave but this mornings 2nd attempt in the Rocca was OK so might risk one more shave or move onto the next test blade...? :unsure:

IMG-20201125-200150.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: Rocca V4 R95
Blade: Bic Chrome (3)
Soap: AP Reserve Lightning Ridge
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Rover bowl
Post: AP Reserve Passione A/S splash // Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Creme
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

A refreshingly mentholated shave but not as smooth as I like so on to a different blade. :(
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

RIP Diego Armando Maradona!

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' (5)
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (4)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech Memorial splash
Fragrance: N/A

Working from home today awaiting a technician to look at my fridge again. After one visit, delayed parts order, parts lost and reordered, second visit to install parts on Friday and it working then we are now one month since the first problems and we started to use the old second fridge out in the garage.

The Black Friday sales and a new fridge are looking very appealing, but you wonder about the waste and why this around 10 year old one cannot be fixed first time ...

x4fPkSJl.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes. As a matter of interest, what make is your broken fridge? It doesn't hurt to add a name to my shitlist...

Edited earlier post - it might still be fixable, it might have been the tech and might have been bad luck.

The tech visited today and broke a part trying to remove it, so I'll reserve judgement until he returns tomorrow afternoon and can look at it all after it is all defrosted.

Edited earlier post - it might still be fixable, it might have been the tech and might have been bad luck.

The tech visited today and broke a part trying to remove it, so I'll reserve judgement until he returns tomorrow afternoon and can look at it all after it is all defrosted.
I only asked what brand because my Fisher & Paykel fridge is just coming up for 10 years old, and the compressor is starting to make noises it didn't before. Given the problems inherent in getting parts/service in Tasmania, I would like to avoid buying a dud if I have to replace it...

sotd.png

Pre: Hot water
Razor: Mühle Birch-Bark Rocca
Blade: Nacet (3)
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap: WK Chypre Rose Concerto

This has become SOTW, and the soap is now officially in its donut of death. The Nacet is still coping with my wire whiskers, so it'll stay in for tomorrow. Just as well I've got plenty, I've given up on my order of Gillette Yellows from Mensbiz and demanded my money back. Way to piss off a customer is to use some dodge-it-and-bodge-it courier to deliver in a state where they don't have a presence.

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower
Brush:- TF Customs - Majestic 28mm Rhodium Fan
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans - Revolution ( K2)
Razor:- Muhle - Rocca R94
Blade:- Gillette - Stainless (19)
Post Shave:- Ariana & Evans - Revolution AS Splash / Nivea Men Deep Moisturise

2 pass WTG + touchups = DFS+. 19 Shaves and yes it will see 20 shaves.

The Soap A&E Revolution. Scent notes, Cinnamon, Pink Peppercorn, Tobacco, Chilli, leather, saffron, elemi, bergamot, grapefruit, vetiver. Scent strength is medium for both soap and splash.
Scent description by A&E, Inspired by Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb.
Revolution is a very masculine scent that hits you like a ton of bricks. Revolution starts out with peppery citrus notes of bergamot & grapefruit, followed by leather, pink pepper, tobacco, vetiver and a hint of gunpowder for added dimension and smokiness. This scent will most certainly make a statement and set you apart from the others.

I agree with the above scent description. Its very refined masculine scent. I like it alot as a evening scent when you want to impress someone. Gets a thumbs up from me(y).

qxDA51P.jpg

Pre-shave: Water
Brush: Yaqi 24mm High Mountain Silvertip Badger
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Astra SP

Finally arrived in Australia. Not the best shipping service from G&C. No indication of when it's supposed to arrive. No signature on delivery. Good thing I was home today to find it at the front door by accident - delivery guy didn't even knock! The box looked like it had been run over by the delivery truck. Luckily, there was plenty of bubble wrap around the actual razor box inside.

It has some heft, but feels like the handle is hollow. Lighter than the Rockwell 6S (I think - I'll have to weigh both to find out). Just beautifully clean and machined. Makes the Rockwell look so unfinished in comparison (and they're about the same price relatively). Loaded it with my go-to Astra SP (will try the 7 O'C's later), amazed at how tightly the blade is held by the top cap and base plate. the machined stainless steel threading feels much smoother when put together. Wow, this thing is tight! Shaving across my stubble, it actually sounds like it cuts hair at a higher note (compared to the Rockwell). Like strumming over tightened guitar strings. Is this what shavers talk about when their razors "sing"? Shaves smooth with a touch of blade feel but not much. However, after all the talk about it being the upmarket R41, I didn't find it all that aggressive, tbh. It probably shaves a touch more aggressive than the R6 plate on the Rockwell, but it isn't any where near as aggressive as my Jack the Barber DE (a shocker of an 'entry level' DE safety razor - my first razor and almost gave up on wetshaving altogether after chopping up my face after the first shave). Good shave, no irritation. 2 pass DFS+ (I normally save the 3 pass BBS for the weekend). I like it better than the Rockwell, so definitely a keeper, but is it the shaver to end all shaves? Probably not. But, the more higher end machined razors might be out of my budget for the moment. All I know, is I definitely will never go back to a cast metal razor again.

Status
Not open for further replies.