Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10 Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5 plate)
Blade: Rockwell (3)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Lathering Bowl
Soap: APR Velours Noir LE

The last 2 SOTD with this soap and sadly its not one of my favourites as I find the scent a tad too strong for my liking. Thankfully the base performs fantastically, giving me near BBS results both shaves with the R5 plate both smooth and super efficient. Finished off with some Olive Butter lotion... Happy shaves!

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Chypre Rose Concerto

Been a while since the jaws was taken out, true to its name if your not careful it can bite you.. causes you to think about your shave, and always results in a super close shave

49744943953_8cd4622f88_b.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower/Bloom Water
Brush:- Omega - 10065 Natural Bristle
Soap:- Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
Razor:- Karve OC - "D"
Blade:- Astra SP(4)
Aftershave:- Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fougere
4ywdSBl.jpg

I'm finding it hard to move on from the Karve OC-D. Damn Fine Shave!

Date:- 07 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Winterfell soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Winterfell splash
Fragrance: N/A

See, this is what I mean by a seasonal scent - you could simply NOT have "Winterfell" in Summer could you?

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
With all the discussion about Timeless razors on P&C I gave mine a spin today. Noice. (y)

Date:- 08 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Kai Stainless #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Gossips Shiraz

Brush: Omega (Proraso) boar
Razor: Maggards V3A + MR11 handle
Blade: Rockwell (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Lathering Bowl
Soap: Squadron Soaps Group Captains Blend

Another enjoyable SOTD this morning. Absolutely love the performance of this soap base and the vanilla scent is one of my favourites (y) The V3A plate shaved super smoothly with DFS results. Finished off with some Serum... Happy shaves!

Soap:- Col. Conk - Bay Rum
Blade:- Astra SP(5)
Aftershave:- Captains Choice - Bay Rum
Ugiohp2.jpg

Karve OC - "D" this combination would give any other a run for it's money possibly the most efficient I have tried to date, perfect combination of sharpness without aggression.
I would not class it as a smooth razor compared to Timeless 6T8 or Baby Smooth because it just does not feel smooth (is any OC smooth?) but definitely not aggressive like R41/JAWS and delivers a single pass BBS most shaves with little or no touch ups required and no irritation, so smooth in this sense.

Bliss
hOUOoD9.png

Ugiohp2.jpg

Karve OC - "D" this combination would give any other a run for it's money possibly the most efficient I have tried to date, perfect combination of sharpness without aggression.
I would not class it as a smooth razor compared to Timeless 6T8 or Baby Smooth because it just does not feel smooth (is any OC smooth?) but definitely not aggressive like R41/JAWS and delivers a single pass BBS most shaves with little or no touch ups required and no irritation, so smooth in this sense.

Bliss
hOUOoD9.png

I don't think I have EVER seen col conk and bliss used together before ...

Ugiohp2.jpg

Bliss
hOUOoD9.png
I was wondering the same thing @Mark1966.... otherwise, @Holiday might be going crazy at the moment for being isolated at home during a COVID19 pandemic.

So @Holiday how's the cheap as peanuts Col. Conk Bay Rum going while you were enjoying yourself jumping up and down in a crazy sick pandemic Bliss.

Ugiohp2.jpg

Bliss
hOUOoD9.png
How does the d plate compare to the gc s/b ?

I was wondering the same thing @Mark1966.... otherwise, @Holiday might be going crazy at the moment for being isolated at home during a COVID19 pandemic.
So @Holiday how's the cheap as peanuts Col. Conk Bay Rum going while you were enjoying yourself jumping up and down in a crazy sick pandemic Bliss.
Thank guys, cabin fever has not set in yet, maybe this weekend. A blissful shave all round, nothing bad to say about the cheap as chips col conk. I'd rather glycerin over lanolin :)
How does the d plate compare to the gc s/b ?
Without a side by side comparison I would say the CB-D is slightly more efficient. GC usually requires some touch up under jawline

Status
Not open for further replies.