Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R96
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Unknown Rockwell Brush
Soap: Greek Cafe

This is a very nice scent. I am a little disappointed that it isn’t a full-on strong café scent. I can def smell café but its on the lighter side for my liking, I can also smell the hazelnut and to me seems to have a bit of a caramel scent to it. But overall a very nice scent, performance is as usual, amazing!!!

also have to say this brush really surprised me. Got it when I bought the Rockwell 6C, but it had looked like a cheap brush that would be useless. Happy to say that I actually really like this brush, love the small size and lightness to it, lathers as easy as any synthetic I have

51126695957_b4c7be8394_b.jpg

0VCFdfBl.jpg
Brush: DG Déjà Blue B11
Razor: ATT Windsor SS CH1
Blade: Wizamet Brown (2)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Fougère Trois - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Fougère Bourbon Rose - Aftershave

New Razor Day! One of my favourite days.

When my new ATT arrived yesterday with SSR1 and CH1 plates, I gave both a dry test run on my arm hairs. Both plates effortlessly cleared a few patches of hair (more than I needed to) and I was looking forward to today’s shave.

I stuck with the more aggressive H1 plate and I’d be lying if i said it was a shitty shave. I could feel the blade throughout but it was a constant reminder to keep my technique right.

After I finished 3 passes rinsed off, I was impressed! One of, if not the closest shave ever had. Like glass to touch. Amazing.

Tomorrow I’ll dial back to the R1 plate which I expect be more of a daily driver, but good to know the H1 will reward proper technique with amazing results.

Stay tuned....

First Head Shave

Prep: Hot Shower
Prep: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cube 2.0 Scentless - Pre-shave
Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Parker Premium Platinum
Razor (Head): Wahl Traditional Barbers Safety Razor
Blade (Head): Derby Extra
Lather: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Clubguy - Soap
Post Shave: Alum Block

My first official DE head shave. My wife assisted me on the weekend with a head shave using a cartridge razor, and today I took the plunge to try something new and give myself a DE head shave.

Started with my mildest razor and blades I own, I'll work my way up to find what works for me. Not the smoothest headshave, might have to give my EJ a whirl on my head, but it might also just be a matter of getting the right angles down pat and mapping the grain. I'll give it another try in a few days and see how we go.

But for a first attempt on my own, definitely can't complain.

First Head Shave...
...for a first attempt on my own, definitely can't complain.
Good stuff, you'll soon find it easy peasy. When I first started shaving my head, I was using a cheap Rapira that used to punish every misstep with a nick. I fared better with my DIY Western kamisori, but it took forever, so I bought myself a 34C which was a big step up from the supermarket DE razor.

I have a feeling you might find the DE89 an easier weapon for the job. (One day, when you're feeling flush, you might want to try a Vector - IMO the perfect head shaver's razor.) Either way, try using whichever is your non-dominant hand to stretch the skin. It's the quickest way to avoid leaving those rough patches behind.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Plunder
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux
Tonight Tipple:- Johnnie Walker Blue Label

Razor: ATT Windsor SS CH1
ATT always seem to deliver a product that you know, without even having to touch it, is of top quality. I used to be suspicious of the use of copper as a material for baseplates, thinking that repeated polishing must change the geometry, ie blade exposure. That is, until I got thinking about how much CuO or Cu2O might be removed each time it's polished. My estimate is that each polishing "might" remove 10^-5mm of material on each polishing, so I guess your great-grandson (or maybe I shouldn't rule out great-grand-daughter :p) might have call to ask ATT for a replacement (for faulty materials, of course)... :unsure:

In the meantime, it sure looks pretty :)

IMG-20210420-221005.jpg

Brush: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Antique Brass L2 + Stinger V1 Handle (P&C 2019/20 LE Charity Auction LE)
Blade: Astra Blue (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Another enjoyable shave with the Astra Blues and also making good progress finishing this croap :)

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Up on the Gold Coast today.

Waking up here in God’s Own Country no need to shave - just waved my hand across the face and stubble was gone. No pics and no lather shots though.

Not a bad coffee and breakfast too!

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: Nobble Otter - Barrbarr
BRUSH: Maggards Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Paco Rabane
uADikti.jpg

NO Barrbarr smells like gingerbread or sweet biscuits, very nice. Great slickness & cushion made for a wonderful shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.