Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Blue DeVil Shave Co. Lemonwood sample (Thanks @Wilkshire13 (y))
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Of the three BD soaps I've tried so far (Strawberry Patch and Peppermint Patch are the others, also courtesy of @Wilkshire13), this is the scent that most grabs me. A simple lemonwood, but with a genuine leaf-mould note. All of their soaps perform fantastically, well worthy of the positive reviews they've had, and represent excellent value for money. This one in particular will be on my shopping list next year. Two successes in as many days, this has to be a record. A while ago, my reject rate for soaps was about 4 in 5, but lately it's blown out to 8 out of 10, so this makes a welcome change (y)(y)

0VCFdfBl.jpg
Brush: DG Déjà Blue B11
Razor: ATT Windsor SS CH1
Blade: Wizamet Brown (2)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Fougère Trois - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Fougère Bourbon Rose - Aftershave

New Razor Day! One of my favourite days.

When my new ATT arrived yesterday with SSR1 and CH1 plates, I gave both a dry test run on my arm hairs. Both plates effortlessly cleared a few patches of hair (more than I needed to) and I was looking forward to today’s shave.

I stuck with the more aggressive H1 plate and I’d be lying if i said it was a shitty shave. I could feel the blade throughout but it was a constant reminder to keep my technique right.

After I finished 3 passes rinsed off, I was impressed! One of, if not the closest shave ever had. Like glass to touch. Amazing.

Tomorrow I’ll dial back to the R1 plate which I expect be more of a daily driver, but good to know the H1 will reward proper technique with amazing results.

Stay tuned....

I like my ATT a lot too. How is that brush going?? :cool::cool:

Up on the Gold Coast today.

Waking up here in God’s Own Country no need to shave - just waved my hand across the face and stubble was gone. No pics and no lather shots though.

Not a bad coffee and breakfast too!

Business or pleasure? Bucks party??
Anyway it was a beautiful day on the Gold Coast today

saM9Ggll.jpg
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts B9A+
Razor: ATT Windsor R1
Blade: Brown Wizamet (3)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Fougère Trois - Soap
Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Paganini's Violin - Balm

Super tough call on whether to even shave today after yesterday’s epic and close shave with the H1 plate. I decided to because the soap only had one shave left anyway.

The shave itself went very well. Not too different from the H1 plate in feel, but I could tell it was less aggressive. Is it less efficient? Only marginally I would say. But all this on the caveat that I didn’t have very much to shave anyway!

So I expected to finish the Fougere Trois today. Was all nicely smooshed into my loading bowl, and the DG knot was eating it up nicely. When I felt the brush was loaded with enough soap, I scooped the protolather onto my face and saw all the soap remaining in the bowl.

Well butter me sideways, enough for another use tomorrow...

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Blue DeVil Shave Co. Lemonwood sample (Thanks @Wilkshire13(y))
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Of the three BD soaps I've tried so far (Strawberry Patch and Peppermint Patch are the others, also courtesy of @Wilkshire13), this is the scent that most grabs me. A simple lemonwood, but with a genuine leaf-mould note. All of their soaps perform fantastically, well worthy of the positive reviews they've had, and represent excellent value for money. This one in particular will be on my shopping list next year. Two successes in as many days, this has to be a record. A while ago, my reject rate for soaps was about 4 in 5, but lately it's blown out to 8 out of 10, so this makes a welcome change (y)(y)
I have peppermint incoming.

You won't regret it. Nice, simple scent, but what a great shave. I've just noticed the typo in my previous post that hasn't been picked up by any of the statisticians here: a reject count of 4/5 is of course the same as 8/10. The earlier figure should have been 3/5. My bad :facepalm:

60% reject rate on the soaps.

Bloody Asian plums fault.:D

tG9m4ZYm.jpg

Soap: Pb Green Parrot
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: Lupo 95
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
AS: Pb Green Parrot

Qu9juiQl.jpg

Had a look at an old 36 stand shearing shed close to where we were working yesterday. This is the steam engine that used to power the stands.
GKn6Z9Zl.jpg

The shearing shed had it's own room for sharpening the cutters for the shearers. One of the blokes we were working with had sheared in that shed many years ago.
#back in the day#the way things used to be done

IMG-20210421-203107.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow
Head: Headblade Moto
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Blue (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Byron Bay Medicinal Herbs Dragons Blood Beauty Serum + The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30 ml // TSW After Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Not the closest shave compared with the previous shaves but smooth and comfortable.

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (7)
Post-shave: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soaps Bay Rum EDT

Back home and back to normal, no swiping of the hand here in Canberra!

Bit cooler here this morning too ...

QxgYeHGl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.