Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Warm Water
Brush: DSC - Vert Empire 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw - La Fougere Parfaite
Razor: Blackland - Tradere SB
Blade: Gillette 7oclock Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave Brut AS lotion / Swisse daily face moisturiser

2 pass WTG = DFS. Milder daily shave, though still enjoyable.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C Charity Auction LE shave brush
Soap/Cream: Chatillon Lux / Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage British Gillette #15 Aristocrat
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

I know that we all LOVE @Errol's reviews, but he is missing out by not using vintage razors - this was superb!

The Unconditional Surrender is good, glad I have more coming - thanks @Markyv !!! (With apologies to @RustyBlade )

smG9qqjl.jpg

Soap/Cream: Chatillon Lux / Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie

I know that we all LOVE @Errol's reviews, but he is missing out by not using vintage razors - this was superb!

The Unconditional Surrender is good, glad I have more coming - thanks @Markyv !!! (With apologies to @RustyBlade )

smG9qqjl.jpg
Is the #15 a recent score?

Is the #15 a recent score?

No, not at all. One of a few vintage razors I've got around here.

Great razor, probably my favourite OC, with the #16 my favourite solid guard bar.

GSwsuBq.jpg

Pre: Water
Razor: Henson AL-13 Medium
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Oumo 26mm Manchuria Fan
Soap: Wholly Kaw/Mammoth Soaps - Iced Tea

Really wish they named this Cold Cucumber and Basil Salad with Lemon dressing, because that's exactly what I smell and not Iced Tea. I actually can't smell any of the black tea in there. Not a huge fan of cooling agents in soap, but works for this one. Siero base is excellent, but this one was a little harder to load off the puck compared to the Vor V (not sure if that was due to the formulation or not).

Pre-shave: Warm water
Brush: TF Customs / P&C Charity Auction - Ivory 24mm 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Bartister & Mann - Beaudelaire
Razor: Rex - Envoy
Blade: Gillette - Minora (4)
Post-shave: B&M - Beaudelaire AS splash / Beaudelaire AS balm

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS. The Minora blade feels very smooth in this razor and the same effciency as the last razor I used.

The Soap Barrister & Mann - Beaudelaire. Scent strength strong for the Soap and medium to strong for the splash. Scent notes Mousse De Saxe, fern, lavender, ylang ylang, rose, oakmoss, sandlewood, coumarin. A classic fougere scent mixed with the mousse de saxe scent profile.
Mousse De Saxe consists of geranium, licorice (created with anise), isobutyl quinoline (leather notes), ionone and vanillin (synthesized vanilla).

As you can quite a complex scent How does it smell ? The scent smells like a dark, classy, fresh old world vintage fougere, with leathery, anise, rose, vanilla notes.
It is a very old school scent, reminiscent of having a shave in a turn of the century large city barbershop. This is a for the guys scent only, as the leather and vanilla notes that are quite prominent on the dry down may not agree with the ladies.

What happens to the poor Stirling soap @Holiday? never seen any of my Stirling soaps with way too many weird white fungus on your tub.

I assumed it was clay because I rinsed out the lather residue and hairs shedding from new brushes this week and let it dry in the window sill ready to be stored until next rotation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

s17.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Razor: Mühle R95 birch-bark Rocca
Blade: Nacet (4)
Post-shave: Shower, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

After a couple of somewhat below-par shaves with Gillette Yellows and Polsilver SI at the beginning of the week, I needed a reset, and the Nacet did that perfectly. Four days on one blade is a good innings for me though, so time for something different tomorrow.

Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (2)

Another great shave ...

smG9qqjl.jpg

I snoozed so I lose, isn't that how it goes.
Don't be sorry (aka rubbing it in) :cool:

However I can trade you a General Ledger unused soap and 80% splash for the recent purchase. Though from your SOTDs you don't seem to use much of the General Ledger splash as it never goes down :unsure:

#15 is my favourite looking Gillette too!
Lovely SOTD setup.

I snoozed so I lose, isn't that how it goes.
Don't be sorry (aka rubbing it in) :cool:

However I can trade you a General Ledger unused soap and 80% splash for the recent purchase. Though from your SOTDs you don't seem to use much of the General Ledger splash as it never goes down :unsure:

#15 is my favourite looking Gillette too!
Lovely SOTD setup.

I do have quite a stash of General Ledger. Must use some tomorrow!

tSR8ZXN.jpg

Pre: water
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Feather HS
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Tuxedo
Soap: Declaration Grooming - 88 Chestnut Street

Tough going with Feather's in the Rocca. Unlike smooth shaving with the Merkur 34C, ended up with nicks and weepers aplenty. Might keep going with another blade in the sampler, save the Feather for the Merkur.

Obligatory pour shot for new soap. The addition of pettigrain didn't make it as bitter as it was made out to be. You can still make out a lot of the citrus notes in the scent and made for an enjoyable shave. After all of the excitement with WK Siero, it's almost as though DG Milksteak was going, "Oh, did you forget about me?" Super slick, glossy (like meringue), good post shave. I might just alternate Milksteak with Siero and let them duke it out for the top spot on the soap base ladder.

sotdw.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Super (2)
Post-shave: Shower, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

This little razor is so good, I often end up with a DSBBS before I know it (and never mind what blade). Today was a case in point, and I actually gave myself a little razor burn. :banghead: Think I might just skip tomorrow... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.