Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
always welcome mate.. I would say in order rocca and T95 around the same with a just a little more efficiency with the T95 SS SB (wr2 equivalent would be a 1.15)

im also trying to go the year without a purchase but the lupo or the wr1 is calling my name.. 🤔
I'll keep this in mind for any future purchases. (y)

RAZOR: Comoy Of London
CREAM: Jack the Barber -Sandalwood
BRUSH: Franks Shave Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Red

20210118_080841-jpg.1209931

I great start to the week with a sweet shave, using my '5 days set' this week.

sotd1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Hamami
Razor: Razorock GC-JAWS
Blade: Gillette 7OC SharpEdge Yellow
Post-shave: Shower, TND, Nivea Balm

I haven't used this razor for months, but it's still a great combo with the Yellow. But just a 2-pass DFS for today to give my skin a break.

Incidentally, when I saw that Razorock aggressiveness scale the other day, I realised there were two models of JAWS, 0.68 and 0.84. There's nothing on my razor to indicate which it is, so in the interest of science, I dug out my feeler-gauges to find out, and found it's a very snug 0.84mm.

W1jE3DX.jpg

Pre: water
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Gillette Nacet (new)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2-band
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Paganini's Violin

Nice smooth shave this time round. 2 pass only to give my face a rest from yesterday, still managed to re-open that nick I got from the Feather. I'm finding Gillettes work very well with the Rocca. Yellows, GSB and now Nacet. Really only have Greens and platinums to go (in terms of readily available Gillettes in Australia).

So, I got in on the pre-sale for this soap and then waited until Sandalwood and Brew-ha-ha came out before I had them all shipped at once. Long wait, but it's not like I could order directly from Will's site. Had to get this through TOTC. Low scent soap, like milk powder and fabric softener together. Soft and gentle like a marshmallow melting into a hot white chocolate. Softheart base delivers, although I find it less consistent than Excelsior (though that could just be all in my head).

W1jE3DX.jpg

Pre: water
Razor: Muhle Rocca R96
Blade: Gillette Nacet (new)
Brush: Yaqi Moka 26mm 2-band
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Paganini's Violin

Nice smooth shave this time round. 2 pass only to give my face a rest from yesterday, still managed to re-open that nick I got from the Feather. I'm finding Gillettes work very well with the Rocca. Yellows, GSB and now Nacet. Really only have Greens and platinums to go (in terms of readily available Gillettes in Australia).

So, I got in on the pre-sale for this soap and then waited until Sandalwood and Brew-ha-ha came out before I had them all shipped at once. Long wait, but it's not like I could order directly from Will's site. Had to get this through TOTC. Low scent soap, like milk powder and fabric softener together. Soft and gentle like a marshmallow melting into a hot white chocolate. Softheart base delivers, although I find it less consistent than Excelsior (though that could just be all in my head).

Did you pick up any beer notes from Brew haha?

Yes @SpeedyPC. I have one or two that have stout in the soap base. I think Mac Duffs from Canada did a range of beer based soaps.
Otherwise, I’m worried that you might lick all the beer 🍺 soaps and you won’t be able to kick me out of the SAD P&C leaderboard.

IMG-20210118-202727.jpg

Brush: Alpha Shaving Brushes Titanium Kryten 28mm UHD Fan
Razor: Maggard V3A + MR1 handle
Blade: GSB (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Coolabah LE
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS

Its always nice shaving with the V3A as its a step up from the DE89/EJ89/Merkur 34C type razors. The fit and feel from the brush is fantastic and the knot has taken nice shape with some minimal shedding, otherwise super soft and a lather hog!
I'm making good progress with finishing this soap which is sad as I love me some APR but luckily I have plenty of other scents to work my way through.
Finished off with trusty Nivea for an enjoyable shave.
Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Hoffritz 21mm Pure Badger
Soap:- Stirling - Executive Man
Razor:- Hoffritz Slant
Blade:- Wizamet (13)
Aftershave:- Stirling - Executive Man

3za0euc.jpg

Couldn't resist temptation of a matching Hoffritz set. The head of the Hoffritz slant is definitely smoother than most other slants I have tried.

eeboGYk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Penhaligon's Bayolea Aftershave Splash
Scent: Creed Royal Oud

First shave with a Castle Forbes Cream. Impressive performance. The scent is a very natural and woody cedar, which dominates the sandalwood.
This particular Spoiler blade has served me well, but time for a graceful retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.