Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Iridium Super (12)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

OK, it HAS to be changeover weekend this weekend - surely?

07Be0eSl.jpg

22nd September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Campania
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #26
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

24th September
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #26
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Old Republic era series book 8 of 8 (this book is part of the whole series)
51wF87zHy8L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

22nd September
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #26

24th September
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #26

Old Republic era series book 8 of 8 (this book is part of the whole series)
51wF87zHy8L._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Your thoughts on Stirling - Campania?

R41
Minora

51509009241_c07c5e0d22_b.jpg

Decided to take a leaf of of @rhodes96 book and go with an aggressive razor and sharp blade combo with NO ATG.. so out comes the R41 + minora and two passes left me a happy DFS and smooth comfy shave BUT……

another A&E soap another Rudolph the redneck moment. This time different soap but same A&E brand, Monaco, which I’ve never had issue with so here comes my theory

First Shave with A&E Greek Cafe was terrible, just like this one today.. Fully red neck/face and felt the burn
Second shave with the Turkish cafe soap was ok, not perfect but so much better than the first
First Shave with A&E Monaco was terrible again, on par with the first greek cafe shave last week

I'll also rule out any issues with the shave. The R41 + Minora combo was amazing, super efficient and smooth but again I did no ATG

The Monaco has never given me issue in the past at all, but during this shave my face / neck were practically glowing red and burning after the first WTG pass

there was no question I was getting the frag burn @tim33z pointed out but why now and with something that never gave me issue before? The only common factor was that I hadn’t used either soap for a while so thought maybe not using these did something to the soap.

I thought the Monaco looked a bit different before use and thought the oils had come to the top so I opened my kaizen soap and as u can see below looks like this might be the issue? A super concentration of Frag oil?

I’ll do couple test lathers with the Monaco before using on my face again and we’ll see. I’ll be pissed if the soaps have a used by date and this don’t fix it, have 5 tubs at home

I'll also add, an hour or so later my skin is back to normal, so def no razor burn at play here

51508210977_dd9d0a49f4_c.jpg

Your thoughts on Stirling - Campania?
This Stirling soap Campania is inspired by a fragrance called Acqua di Parma's Fico di Amalfi see picture below

The scent is a blend of grapefruit, bergamot, citron, lemon, fig, jasmine, pink pepper, cedar, and benzoin.

To my nose, I can only smell from the tub and lather which are:- grapefruit, bergamot, lemon, fig, jasmine, cedar (light woody smell), and pepper (I've never smell pink pepper, my nose smells just pepper)

According to Stirling this soap, it's a fresh, citrus predominant scent that has lasting strength.

To be very honest with you, I really enjoy this soap which is excellent for Spring and Summer season.
503c23a8c1fef85a1abef784d248deb6.jpg

This Stirling soap Campania is inspired by a fragrance called Acqua di Parma's Fico di Amalfi see picture below

The scent is a blend of grapefruit, bergamot, citron, lemon, fig, jasmine, pink pepper, cedar, and benzoin.

To my nose, I can only smell from the tub and lather which are:- grapefruit, bergamot, lemon, fig, jasmine, cedar (light woody smell), and pepper (I've never smell pink pepper, my nose smells just pepper)

According to Stirling this soap, it's a fresh, citrus predominant scent that has lasting strength.

To be very honest with you, I really enjoy this soap which is excellent for Spring and Summer season.
503c23a8c1fef85a1abef784d248deb6.jpg

Been looking at a soap that smells like an IPA beer. This could be close??

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tux
Soap: Noble Otter - Northern Elixir - thanks (y) @Wilkskire13
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Another cooling soap from Noble Otter: I'm not waiting for summer, it might never happen. Nice and fresh, lots of eucalyptus and peppermint. (y) I'll do the same again tomorrow, then I'll only have two samples left to clear, so my "samples September" might end a little early.

Have you read the Timoty Zahn series?
Not yet as I'm aware it's part of the Grand Admiral Thrawn series

There are 7 different Star Wars timelines complete series which are:-

1. Before the Republic (only one bloody book)
2. Old Republic era
3. Rise of the Empire era
4. Rebellion era
5. New Republic era
6. New Jedi Order era
7. Legacy era

There's a total of 280 books of the WHOLE Star Wars series timeline above.

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tux
Soap: Noble Otter - Northern Elixir - thanks (y)@Wilkskire13
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

Another cooling soap from Noble Otter: I'm not waiting for summer, it might never happen. Nice and fresh, lots of eucalyptus and peppermint. (y) I'll do the same again tomorrow, then I'll only have two samples left to clear, so my "samples September" might end a little early.

I like that soap, nearly finished a whole tub last summer.

That's very normal for the soap and it's nothing wrong with it, just make sure you stored all your soaps into a dark cool place directly away from sunlight.

might be normal but doesnt stop the FO gathering at the top, in concentration.. cant think of anything else it can be, my face hasnt changed so must be the soap

might be normal but doesnt stop the FO gathering at the top, in concentration.. cant think of anything else it can be, my face hasnt changed so must be the soap
Perhaps it might be worth blotting up the excess oil with a tissue, then if you're concerned about the remainder of the oil being evenly distributed, you could scoop it out of the tub, grate it, then smoosh it back in.

Perhaps it might be worth blotting up the excess oil with a tissue, then if you're concerned about the remainder of the oil being evenly distributed, you could scoop it out of the tub, grate it, then smoosh it back in.

not concerned with keeping the oil to be honest (if that's what is causing the burn).. gonna do couple of break in lathers for the army of hogs I now have and will shave again with the MC on Monday to see if that has helped. Sent A&E an email about it, maybe they can shed some light on the issue

If i bought these soaps 2nd hand i would possibly understand but since i have had them from new and didnt have an issue before I am really hoping that the soaps are not now bad otherwise its a big waste of $$$

not concerned with keeping the oil to be honest (if that's what is causing the burn).. gonna do couple of break in lathers for the army of hogs I now have and will shave again with the MC on Monday to see if that has helped. Sent A&E an email about it, maybe they can shed some light on the issue

If i bought these soaps 2nd hand i would possibly understand but since i have had them from new and didnt have an issue before I am really hoping that the soaps are not now bad otherwise its a big waste of $$$
I hear you. A&E soaps are not cheap, especially by the time you've paid postage.

Just had a thought, one thing that has changed (not your face) is you seem to be using the piggy-wigs a lot more now. I wonder if you could be reacting to the bristles? :unsure: Or a combo of the bristles and the A&E? Could try lathering up with a synth for a few days before switching back to the hogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.