Not open for further replies.
m50w4kU.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Mystic Water Rosalimone courtesy of @Gargravarr
Razor: Lupo 95 on Barbaros Levend Handle
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

Can a handle be too heavy? The Levend certainly felt chunky with the svelte lupo head on. I felt like my fingers kept wanting to follow the twisted paths, which made it feel less grippy than it was. Very smooth WTG pass but the Treet lost its initial sharpness halfway through XTG and ATG needed a fair bit of buffing. Still BBS though. Still gotta work on dialing in the soap.

Tabactober kicked off with all guns blazing :cool:

WR2 1.25
Feather/Nacet
Zenith 24mm Boar
Tabac soap
Tabac splash
Tabac cologne

Started this shave with the feather I used on Wednesday (one use) and it felt quite rough first pass WTG. Started the second pass XTG and things felt worse.

Made an incredible lather with tabac so couldnt be that.. swapped out the blade for a fresh nacet and wow back to a super smooth shave.

So my beard destroys feathers in one shave, no wonder other blades don’t lay past 3 shaves

51536878701_a4d89a034d_b.jpg

So my beard destroys feathers in one shave, no wonder other blades don’t lay past 3 shaves
That's what I used to find, until I adopted a pre-shave routine. I'm not entirely sure that any one is necessarily better than another, so long as I do "something" to moisten those whiskers before attacking them with a razor. I used to toss any DE blade after a maximum of two shaves, but a simple soap-and-water pre-shave doubled that and more. I find it improves the post-shave feel too.

10.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

The spring is sprung,
The grass is riz,
I wonder where them boidies is.
The boids is on the wing, some say,
But that's absoid. I always hoid
The wings is on the boid.

That's what I used to find, until I adopted a pre-shave routine. I'm not entirely sure that any one is necessarily better than another, so long as I do "something" to moisten those whiskers before attacking them with a razor. I used to toss any DE blade after a maximum of two shaves, but a simple soap-and-water pre-shave doubled that and more. I find it improves the post-shave feel too.

I shower every day before a shave 99% of the time, even use conditioner on the whiskers

I shower every day before a shave 99% of the time, even use conditioner on the whiskers

I took advice from @Pbgoose on an earlier post and changed to goats milk soap. It's worth a try. Wont melt iron whiskers but may soften a little more than other bar soaps.

Dorko 424
Omega 11047 - Mini Mixed Badger & Boar Bristle
Ariana & Evans - SoCal Hipster
Handpainted Turkish Bowl

THFZQJh.jpg

Took the wee beastie for a run today and lathered up a storm with SoCal Hipster.
The Dorko never fails to deliver an awesome shave with minimal maintenance​

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 GO BEYOND Jefferson
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Fougère Nemeta
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts - Fougère Nemeta

I’ve never been a fan of florals but Shawn Maher has changed that with Fougère Nemeta. So much so that it’s become my favourite scent and i even ordered the matching eau de parfum. Only wish the post-shave and splash were better.

After one use the B13 it’s become my new favourite brush. I can definitely see why these brushes are so sought-after. Scott describes the knot perfectly by saying it’s soft, undamaged hair with tips that don't fully gel but dry crispy. The individual hairs are moderately thick and the face feel is full and pillowy.

I’ll have to keep an eye on the B14 release, and maybe a Black Eagle…

ZyeAHpn.jpg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 GO BEYOND Jefferson
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Fougère Nemeta
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts - Fougère Nemeta

I’ve never been a fan of florals but Shawn Maher has changed that with Fougère Nemeta. So much so that it’s become my favourite scent and i even ordered the matching eau de parfum. Only wish the post-shave and splash were better.

After one use the B13 it’s become my new favourite brush. I can definitely see why these brushes are so sought-after. Scott describes the knot perfectly by saying it’s soft, undamaged hair with tips that don't fully gel but dry crispy. The individual hairs are moderately thick and the face feel is full and pillowy.

I’ll have to keep an eye on the B14 release, and maybe a Black Eagle…

ZyeAHpn.jpg

Great photo, and some awesome shaving gear right there! I kind of regret I didn’t pick up that soap, but I got 2 other soaps on the way with scents by Shawn.

Great photo, and some awesome shaving gear right there! I kind of regret I didn’t pick up that soap, but I got 2 other soaps on the way with scents by Shawn.
Cheers! His definitely a talented perfumer. I got YRP in today and was worried that i wouldn’t like it due to the rose but turned out loving it. How’s La Petite Prairie?

Status
Not open for further replies.