Another nice pic, love the colours 👍

v8H4Qcy.jpeg

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Dscosmetic T4
Soap: Mystic Water Bergamot Cedarwood & Juniper
Razor: Parker 87R
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post: The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner, Nivea Skin & Stubble

Thanks @Gargravarr for the Mystic Water samples. Lucky I didn't open the envelope in front of wifey she might have thought I was getting love letters due to the explosion of co-mingled scents. This was the weakest scent of the lot. All my nose could detect was the Cedarwood. And maybe I over-hydrated; glide didn't feel great and not much post slickness.

I also learnt I do not like the geometry of the Parker. A large blade angle (almost flat) and large-ish blade gap (for a TTO) made for a mid aggressive feeling which wasn't too smooth and a small sweet spot to cut hairs. When you get it right, it shaves well enough. I just don't want to work that hard for "well enough".

CzhfHHv.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: CRSW Glide Fragile Confusion
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss

Lovely shave.
calling @Gargravarr some "aged patchouli" in this one, better keep clear.

Nice work, though some might argue there's no such thing as scrap Huon pine, just pieces awaiting a particular purpose. :D Beautiful kamisori too... (y)
Yes, didn't word that well, it is amazing timber. I picked up some offcuts in Strahan many years ago. Not much of a handy man but I thought this was a good solution to air dry my kamisori before I oil them and put them away.

WR2 1.25
Feather
Semogue Galahad Boar
A&E Monte Carlo
Old Spice

ive tired a few blades in the wolf and without doubt the feather is the best blade without doubt..silky smooth and super close

In other news I reckon my theory of FO rising to the top of A&E soaps is spot on.

This exact soap caused the worst frag burn last week, this time I used it twice to palm lather and break in two boars, so basically cleaned the top of the soap from the oils.

now it looks normal again and I put the theory to the test with the feather and 1.25 along with a board that is far from broken and didn’t feel any burn/tingling at all 👍

51529444828_c6032df57f_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tux
Soap: Mystic Water - Yellow Rose
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

My box of samples is now empty, bringing my Samples September to an end just one day early. I'm not sure that any of them have actually changed any soap purchase plans for next year: I still don't really have any. Subject to change on impulse and without notice, of course. I'm not in politics, so I'm allowed to change my mind. :p

27 September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Campania
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

29 September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Campania
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Old Republic era series book 9 (found the last book part of the whole series)
51UM+f7L7oL._SX288_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Razor: Tatara Masamune w/ Nodachi Top Cap
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Wildwest Brushworks / Turn-N-Shave 26mm V7 Tip Knot
Soap: The Club - Vacanza Romana
Aftershave: The Club - Vacanza Romana

Decided to switch it up with the Masamune. One of the smoothest razors I’ve owned, second to the WR2 1.15. While it’s not the most efficient razor it has a good balance of efficiency and smoothness while having very little blade feel due to the neutral blade exposure.

Vacanza Romana is an absolute banger.
A fantastic citrusy cypress scent described by Peter as a woody chypre, which epitomizes Italian class, style and sophistication. Easily within my top 5 scents.
74mHvMG_d.webp

Karve CB Gladius OC level D / Polsilver Super Iridium
Heritage Collection Ever Ready 500E Gel Bulb
B&M ‌Cheshire‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌& Aftershave

MlntQyx.png

Really like that pic, sensational use of the focus

Status
Not open for further replies.