IMG-20211030-094413.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetics Bikki 26/60mm badger/boar P&C Charity Auction 2021
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H 0.50mm MIld plate + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Wizamet SI (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany - cheers @mark123abc0
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Stirling Unscented Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Glad I managed to keep the damaged head as the shaves are great but the shaves miss the balance and feel from the standard gap. First lather with the new brush and yes its scruffy and its shed the odd hair but the knot performs well and its super light...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

SOTD 27-29/10/2021

IMG-20211030-094437.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R96 Pimped
Blade: Wizamet SI (5)
Post: B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Stirling Unscented Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Rocca is such a set and forget razor that delivers smooth and irritation free BBS...

SOTD 30/10/2021

IMG-20211030-094529.jpg

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw + Bravo handle - cheers @Errol & @Vlasta
Blade: Feather (1)
Post: Alum block // B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Nivea Sensitive A/S Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

First shave with the Outlaw DE and early thoughts are very positive. Still amazed how the SS has been polished to a Chrome finish that rivals more expensive razors costing 3 times as much. I rarely use Feathers but I know Steve recommends them with his razors and not sure I'd use them moving forward as the shave felt harsh and left me with a few nicks. At first glance I get the impression of a DE/EJ89 as the head is super light but shave wise its efficient with a tad bit more blade feel than my beloved Rocca. I look forward to playing with blade combinations as hard to judge after a single shave with a Feather but promising signs that this one will become a favourite!

@Holiday, you don't have to suffer with these blades out of politeness just because I sent them to you - if you really hate them, just get rid of them :p
Have you read my signature? They would be filed in the expired blade bin very quickly if I wasn't getting a good shave. Does make me wonder how much better the named blades are going to be Kai, Feather and Schick's

Have you read my signature? They would be filed in the expired blade bin very quickly if I wasn't getting a good shave. Does make me wonder how much better the named blades are going to be Kai, Feather and Schick's
No comparison. All of them will give you a much smoother shave. The No-Names just give you a "good" shave (usually) at a great price point.

Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Brush: Declaration Grooming B13 Go Beyond Jefferson
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts - Fougere Nemeta

Effortless 3-pass shave. Going to give the vector a real challenge with a weeks worth of growth.
x3mcufD.jpg

Birthday shave and debut for the Parker adjustable injector. My first SE blade experience. Loaded with a new Parker blade from cartridge. Feels weird for the first bit as the handle angle is so extreme so the face sits flush with skin. If anything the xtg feels more natural. It's not bitey or aggressive even at setting 5. Razor is light and grippy with plastic underside. Bit of trouble getting right under nose first try. No weepers no cuts DFS. Would make a great daily shaver for a quick two pass shave. Might be more efficient with some actual Schick injector blades instead of these no names supplied. I like the sleek look and will use it all week to get that muscle memory and test blade longetivity. Not terrible but not remarkable.

Birthday shave and debut for the Parker adjustable injector. My first SE blade experience. Loaded with a new Parker blade from cartridge. Feels weird for the first bit as the handle angle is so extreme so the face sits flush with skin. If anything the xtg feels more natural. It's not bitey or aggressive even at setting 5. Razor is light and grippy with plastic underside. Bit of trouble getting right under nose first try. No weepers no cuts DFS. Would make a great daily shaver for a quick two pass shave. Might be more efficient with some actual Schick injector blades instead of these no names supplied. I like the sleek look and will use it all week to get that muscle memory and test blade longetivity. Not terrible but not remarkable.

Many happy returns!!!

Happy Birthday mate.

Happy birthday (y)(y)(y)

Happy belated birthday

giphy.gif

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Rooney - Rhodium Knots hand tied 24mm fan with soft gel tips
Razor:- Dorko 424 soon to be joined by the Wellmann thanks @Blackie
Soap:- TABAC
Aftershave:- Santa Maria Del Fiore Lozione Dopo-Barba By RazoRock - love this scent

ojxNbI5.jpg

Had to see and feel those gel tips for myself. This is my first Rhodium Knot because I stupidly withdrew from the Matilda group buy. The experienced was summed up well by @Mark1966 "WOW just WOW" I noticed am immediate soft dense sponginess from the second I started lathering off the puck. Beautiful soft and dense spongey enough to soak up the lather but not a hog. Dense enough to give a densely spongey backbone without being a lather hog. Gives up the lather easily and those luxuriously soft gel tips would rival any synthetic ;)

Happy birthday @Chad

w4hzYp6.gif

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

Happy birthday!

You are the fifth person I know who has their birthday today - unbelievable!

Status
Not open for further replies.