Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @TroyTools 'Platypig' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: sample of Razor Master Tiovo shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: N/A

Nice shave, but not sure I could handle the pine tar smell regularly. Not unpleasant, just odd.

YKeRHGZl.jpg

Birthday shave and debut for the Parker adjustable injector. My first SE blade experience. Loaded with a new Parker blade from cartridge. Feels weird for the first bit as the handle angle is so extreme so the face sits flush with skin. If anything the xtg feels more natural. It's not bitey or aggressive even at setting 5. Razor is light and grippy with plastic underside. Bit of trouble getting right under nose first try. No weepers no cuts DFS. Would make a great daily shaver for a quick two pass shave. Might be more efficient with some actual Schick injector blades instead of these no names supplied. I like the sleek look and will use it all week to get that muscle memory and test blade longetivity. Not terrible but not remarkable.

Happy birthday Chad, I hope it was a great day.

1.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Czech & Speake - Oxford & Cambridge
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Monsoon Malabar, India

Yesterday's picture recycled here, but using a decent blade makes all the difference. Easy, perfect DBS.

SOTD 31/10/2021

IMG-20211030-094529.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetics Bikki 26/60mm badger/boar P&C Charity Auction 2021
Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw + Bravo handle - cheers @Errol & @Vlasta
Blade: Feather (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany - cheers @mark123abc0
Post: Alum block // B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Nivea Sensitive A/S Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Second shave with the Feather blade and they don't work for me so I'll look to test a more forgiving blade in the mornings shave. Overall the shaves are comfortable with a smidgeon more blade feel than the Rocca but just as smooth...

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Gooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: Declaration Gooming / Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse EDT

Nice start to the working week!

WHPOHJZl.jpg

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw + Bravo handle
Blade: Wizamet SI (1)
Post: Alum block // B&M Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood A/S Splash // Nivea Sensitive A/S Balm
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

I was in a rush this morning so no photo but have been using the same setup but what a difference a blade can make as no harshness and a smooth/efficient shave as to be expected from the Wizamet SI!
Very similar to a Karve D plate with similar blade feel but as smooth as a Rocca and just shaves as close. The test will be how long the regrowth lasts but an irritation free BBS. Thanks again @Errol & @Vlasta... (y)(y)(y)

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works Outlaw + Bravo handle
Blade: Wizamet SI (1)
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

I was in a rush this morning so no photo but have been using the same setup but what a difference a blade can make as no harshness and a smooth/efficient shave as to be expected from the Wizamet SI!
Very similar to a Karve D plate with similar blade feel but as smooth as a Rocca and just shaves as close. The test will be how long the regrowth lasts but an irritation free BBS. Thanks again @Errol & @Vlasta... (y)(y)(y)

Interested to hear your feedback with the Minora blades.

SOTW...

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm Boss
Soap: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT
COTD: Monsoon Malabar, India

Starting a fresh tub of Stirling today. It's been a whole three weeks since I finished the last tub, and I realised I was missing it...

Interested to hear your feedback with the Minora blades.
Yeah I'll look to test them out later in the week as keen to see how the Wizamet stacks up after a few shaves.
Doing my best to work the new brush knot in as the badger/boar still feels scratchy but does eat up lather so should finish the soap very soon. ;)

Rocca R94
Wizamet
Olympiakos 2-band badger
MdC Rose
Chypre Rose Concerto

Wake up and smell the roses 😃 with a Rocca in ur hands.. so smooth and so close. I feel between the wolf, rocca and lupo, my RAD is cured!!

this lovely scent of rose made for a nice change

51645903229_365951e58e_b.jpg

Rocca R94
Wizamet
Olympiakos 2-band badger
MdC Rose
Chypre Rose Concerto

Wake up and smell the roses 😃 with a Rocca in ur hands.. so smooth and so close. I feel between the wolf, rocca and lupo, my RAD is cured!!

this lovely scent of rose made for a nice change

51645903229_365951e58e_b.jpg

Then comes the Vector!

THE END....:LOL:

Brush: @TroyTools 'Platypig' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: sample of Razor Master Tiovo shaving soap
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: N/A

I'm not sure if anybody had to use Pinetarsol with skin irritations at any time. That is what I smell like!

Great lather though.

YKeRHGZl.jpg
Good old Toivo! The strongest scented soap I own; even smothers Tabac!

FTFY :)

I was about to say the same thing, then comes SERAD
The rabbit hole is endless my friend and resistance futile. You will be assimilated

Dont worry, I have thought about it over the past couple of weeks, especially since all the rave reviews BUT am so happy with the current line up I simply dont have any urge to try them.. its quite strange because for me, once the seed is planted.. the outcome is a purchase :)

after todays shave with the Rocca, I just dont believe it can get any better (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.