Pre: Shower
Razor: WR2 1.25
Blade: Gillette Yellow SE
Brush: Yaki 26mm Pony
Soap: Kaizen

ydays bday shave :)

50990759391_52e3b283a3_b.jpg
Happy Birthday @StratMan (y)

A great write up and agree 100% blade tabs as I always have anxiety when using my Brass D plate as its prone to nick me XTG and under my nose :(
Lots of people seem to complain about blade tabs (I don't care much one way or another), but there is a perfectly good solution at hand: just cut them off. An ordinary pair of sharp scissors will do the job.

No charge...

H-SOTD (01.03.21)

Pre-shave: Neutrogena - Hydroboost cleanser
Brush: TF Custom with 26mm Tux Knot
Soap: Moonsoaps - Union
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: jack the barber (Shave #1)
Post-shave: Welda - Skinfood light

Picked up a pack of Jack the barber blades in Woolies tonight. First blade performed ok. I did 2 passes with 2 days growth. The blade get similar to an Astra or Derby blade. Very soft - I felt it tugging at times. In short - nothing to shout about.

Had a moment of weakness today and ordered some Freeze Drops from Peter at the Artisan Arcade .... looking forward to see how these spice / mint up the Union soap :)

3-C0-BFA76-2-E31-499-D-8895-A73901-A6-C01-E.jpg

YGIyuAm.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Cold River Soap Works Oliva Citrus Fougère
Razor: Original Tradere Razors Tradere SB
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (2)
Scent: Knize Forest

A very comfortable shave with the Tradere. The CRSW Oliva soap was delightful - very slick and good residual slickness, and a refreshing and complex scent.
Knize's interpretation of fougère played well against the soap scent.

Lots of people seem to complain about blade tabs (I don't care much one way or another), but there is a perfectly good solution at hand: just cut them off. An ordinary pair of sharp scissors will do the job.

No charge...
See normally they don't hinder the shave but the original Karve head is extra protrusive which takes away from a decent shave.
I tried trimming a DE blade and it made the blade basically useless beyond the 1st shave due to it becoming too flimsy :(
My favourite DE razors all have very minimal or no blade tab over hang but YMMV...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap - artistically positioned leaning to one side
Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (4)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

This is a great soap and scent!

Vs2PcH8l.jpg

IMG-20210301-220643.jpg

Brush: PAA Alpha Rocket
Razor: RR Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Washpool Bergamot, Patchouli, Cedarwood
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Neutrogena Hydro Boost SPF50 Lotion // M/r Royal Cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Almost enough to make me want to use ARKO!
Now there's a cry for help.
I wanna know what @Pbgoose is putting in his soap base to make it so slick and creamy as shown in post #1,121? :unsure:
That's why I like to make my soaps with different bases as there are differences to be enjoyed, much the same as why we like using a number of different razors, some of the differences are subtle, some more noticable. Tamanu Oil is nice but not suitable for some scent profiles, I like tallow, emu oil but wouldn't be without the staples of coconut, castor, palm, shea butter etc etc........sigh........I really need to finish my meth lab...I mean soap lab, so I can get back into soap making. Home reno's are all consuming........what if I run out of soap and have nothing left but ARKO!...........aarrrrgghhh! Better make that a joint counselling session @Mark1966 ......

Now there's a cry for help.

That's why I like to make my soaps with different bases as there are differences to be enjoyed, much the same as why we like using a number of different razors, some of the differences are subtle, some more noticable. Tamanu Oil is nice but not suitable for some scent profiles, I like tallow, emu oil but wouldn't be without the staples of coconut, castor, palm, shea butter etc etc........sigh........I really need to finish my meth lab...I mean soap lab, so I can get back into soap making. Home reno's are all consuming........what if I run out of soap and have nothing left but ARKO!...........aarrrrgghhh! Better make that a joint counselling session @Mark1966 ......

You and me mate, using ARKO! together

thelma-and-louise-freeze-1280x720.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Monarch
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.