Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
u need a Greek ‘mati’ in all that blue :)

Blue-Eye-Crystal.jpg
Maybe. I did however add. Just to finish on a well blue note.
51117824220_b5cbccc1a2_c.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi - Moka 26mm 2 band
Soap/Cream: A&E - Vacanza Romana
Razor: Rex - Envoy
Blade: - Personna - Platinum (3)
Post-shave: A&E - Vacanza Romana AS splash / A&E - skin food nourishing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS. Another nice shave. Yesterdays balm didn't make me ook 20 years younger, so no free tubs. Back to the tried and tested.

51118243691_c011539614_b.jpg

Brush: Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve Brass SB-D
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Lather: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux - 88 Chestnut St - Soap

Another new soap, I think this will be the last one for a while (that Blue Tassie Devil soap has got me curious). Very likeable cologne type of scent. I get mainly a nice crisp neroli when I lather up. You just can’t go wrong with this, or any other of the DG/CL collaborations for that matter. I think the scent on this one fades kind of quick though.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (3)
Post-shave: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum splash
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum EDT

Made sure that the brush was very dry to start and then slowly added water until the lather was a good consistency, this is a thirsty None of that 'artisan' nonsense, Stirling soaps just LATHER without any fuss. A great no-nonsense and reliable set up. Thank you @Ozwhisker for making it so available in Australia!

YaeLNY1l.jpg

I presume that Stirling is technically 'artisan' too (made in a traditional way by someone who is skilled with their hands) but it doesn't have some of that finickiness that many artisan products seem to have and we simply accept because they are artisan.

Getting too old and grumpy to accept rubbish just because it is 'artisan'

For me it just depends, a few bases (like B&M Reserve) I could never get the hang of, but for the most part all others I've tried work very well once you add enough water. The instructions they give are not necessarily a set-in-stone procedure that you must follow in order to get a good lather. I've no particular preference between artisan and 'mass produced' soapmakers in terms of performance, but the 'post-shave feeling' of some artisanal soaps is really remarkable, even if they seem to run out much quicker.

Made sure that the brush was very dry to start and then slowly added water until the lather was a good consistency, this is a thirsty None of that 'artisan' nonsense, Stirling soaps just LATHER without any fuss.

Getting too old and grumpy
And also @Mark1966 can be a real cheeky smartass middle age old FART!

Last edited:
simply accept because they are artisan.
The alterntive is soaps that meet 'commercial appeal'. If I make a soap I want it to be different, and isn't that why wet shavers buy artisan soap because they're looking for something different. Rather than 'finicky' I'd prefer 'demands a little more attention so you get to appreciate the benefits'. :) Besides, most of us wet shavers have enough soaps that on the days you want a quick, straight forward soap, you've more than likely got one.
Getting too old and grumpy
you know it! Hand the man a stick of 'Arko'.:)

IMG-20210415-191057.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm Tuxedo
Razor: Yintal 3000s Brass TTO (4, 3)
Blade: Wizamet S.I (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: AP Reserve Fougere, Bourbon, Rose
Post: AP Reserve Fougere, Bourbon, Rose A/S Splash sample
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

A fabulous way to end what has been a busy working week!!!

Stay Safe & Have a Happy Weekend :)

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Frank Shaving - Boar
Soap:- RazoRock - Santal Royale
Razor:- Apollo Light - Aggressive Plate
Blade:- Vintage Gillette Super Stainless (5)
Aftershave:- RazoRock - Santal Royale

WTG x 2 progressively increased throughout the week. Still getting BBS after 2 passes WTG. The vintage Super Stainless Gillette Reds appear to be a sharper blade than Wizamets maybe not as consistent or solid a performer though because there were a few burrs and slightest bit of irritation

BOAR-ING(y)
bkNh39S.jpg

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

...when all is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

...when all is for the best in this best of all possible worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.