SOAP: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie shave soap

7eOL9uv.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Plunder
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Forgotton Art - Bushman 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Blue Devil Shave Co. - Sinnerman Orange
Razor: Rex - Envoy
Blade: - Personna - Platinum (5&6)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - AS face tonic / Face moisturiser

2 pass WTG+ touchups = DFS+. This has been my shave set-up for the last 2 shaves, now I am up to date.

The Soap, Blue Devil Shave Company - Sinnerman. Scent off the tub is medium to strong, and medium once lathered. Scent notes Orange, Cinnamon, Vanilla. A simple scent profile and one that works. Sour/bitter orange with the spicey yet sweet cinnamon note over a base of smooth vanilla. Sort of reminds me of the those red coated chocolate Jaffa lollies when I was a child. The ones you used to throw at the people in the front rows at the cinema. :D

Blue Devil Shave Co. Is a new Australian artisan as mentioned in this thread https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/blue-devil-shave-co.6743/
My last two shaves have been with this soap so I could get a good feel for the soap as I never used this soap before.

For starters it was very easy to lather, and did not require a lot of water. Lather was thick, volumous, slick, cushioning, with great residual slickness, and a great post shave. Let me say I was not surprised. Call it a sixth sense, but I knew from looking at the soap it was going to be something special, and I was not disappointed. Only a few soaps I have said that for in the past, and non of them Australian.

Performance wise, this is the best Australian soap I have used to date. Yes I think I have tried all the known Aussie artisan soaps made in the last 10 years except @Pbgoose. ( who I hope one day to try a sample from his secret stash:cool:.) After two heavy loads on this tub, the soap still practically looks like I haven't used it. That surprised me in a good way. Alot of soaps I have used recently from Super artisan X appears to use 1/20 tub in 1 shave and one particular artisan 1/10 in 1 shave( not kidding pm me for a pic)

For a series one soap base release, Blue Devil Shave Co. have done extremely well. The scents are basic and uncomplicated which is a good thing for a new company. Taking risks with complicated scents especially if it's an original new scent, could be financial burden on a new business until it takes off. I think it's a wise decision what Blue Devil Shave Co. have done with the soap scents, as they have an exceptional product to build from. It can only get better as time goes on. I wish Craig and Blue Devil Shave Co. all the best for the future, and I hope to purchase more of your products shortly. ( need to use my tub of vetiver first:))

My first soap for 2021 that gets my two thumbs up new soap approval. (y)(y)

Brush: P&C LE Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (4)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

So nice ...

PYvMZVql.jpg

Last edited:
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: - Bic Chrome Platinum (5)
Post-shave: Fine - Fresh Vetiver

2 pass WTG+ touchups = DFS+. Great shave.

The Soap, Blue Devil Shave Company - Vetiver. Scent off the tub is light to medium off the tub and same once lathered. Scent notes, musk, lime. A simple scent profile and one that works. This is a lighter scent strength soap than the previous Sinnerman soap I reviewed. An opening of a zesty lime scent being prominent over a light base of vetiver. The vetiver does become a little more evident during the shave and on the dry down. It's not dark and earthy like your normal vetiver, rather light and airy. The musk is interesting in this one as picked by my senses very briefly on the initial inhale of the scent, then its gone in a flash. Maybe an apple type musk in the top notes interesting?
This would make great soap that would work well for bright sunny days year round.

AS with the previous Blue Devil Shave Co. Soap this one is outstanding again. I am so happy to have found a local Artisan with a top tier product. I normally don't talk about a soaps performance unless its something special, this is something special. (y)(y)

Razor: Rex - Envoy
Blade: - Personna - Platinum (5&6)
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger - AS face tonic / Face moisturiser

2 pass WTG+ touchups = DFS+. This has been my shave set-up for the last 2 shaves, now I am up to date.

The Soap, Blue Devil Shave Company - Sinnerman. Scent off the tub is medium to strong, and medium once lathered. Scent notes Orange, Cinnamon, Vanilla. A simple scent profile and one that works. Sour/bitter orange with the spicey yet sweet cinnamon note over a base of smooth vanilla. Sort of reminds me of the those red coated chocolate Jaffa lollies when I was a child. The ones you used to throw at the people in the front rows at the cinema. :D

Blue Devil Shave Co. Is a new Australian artisan as mentioned in this thread https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/blue-devil-shave-co.6743/
My last two shaves have been with this soap so I could get a good feel for the soap as I never used this soap before.

For starters it was very easy to lather, and did not require a lot of water. Lather was thick, volumous, slick, cushioning, with great residual slickness, and a great post shave. Let me say I was not surprised. Call it a sixth sense, but I knew from looking at the soap it was going to be something special, and I was not disappointed. Only a few soaps I have said that for in the past, and non of them Australian.

Performance wise, this is the best Australian soap I have used to date. Yes I think I have tried all the known Aussie artisan soaps made in the last 10 years except @Pbgoose. ( who I hope one day to try a sample from his secret stash:cool:.) After two heavy loads on this tub, the soap still practically looks like I haven't used it. That surprised me in a good way. Alot of soaps I have used recently from Super artisan X appears to use 1/20 tub in 1 shave and one particular artisan 1/10 in 1 shave( not kidding pm me for a pic)

For a series one soap base release, Blue Devil Shave Co. have done extremely well. The scents are basic and uncomplicated which is a good thing for a new company. Taking risks with complicated scents especially if it's an original new scent, could be financial burden on a new business until it takes off. I think it's a wise decision what Blue Devil Shave Co. have done with the soap scents, as they have an exceptional product to build from. It can only get better as time goes on. I wish Craig and Blue Devil Shave Co. all the best for the future, and I hope to purchase more of your products shortly. ( need to use my tub of vetiver first:))

My first soap for 2021 that gets my two thumbs up new soap approval. (y)(y)
Maybe I'll have to get a Lust since it's a Rose scent. Like I need another soap. I can maybe convince myself that his prices are going up so I can save myself $5 :) or maybe the peppermint, Im a fan right now.

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

...and same again. CBF with a pic, you saw it yesterday. If anyone wants to complain about my idiotic infatuation with this soap, get it over with now. I will, of course, totally ignore you. :D

... A lot of soaps I have used recently from Super artisan X appears to use 1/20 tub in 1 shave and one particular artisan 1/10 in 1 shave( not kidding pm me for a pic)
I think with a claim like that, you should name and shame the culprit publicly. Given how much most of our soaps cost, longevity should be part of any performance metric. (Incidentally, I found Kaizen a bit under-strength like that, though it was nice to use.)

I think with a claim like that, you should name and shame the culprit publicly. Given how much most of our soaps cost, longevity should be part of any performance metric. (Incidentally, I found Kaizen a bit under-strength like that, though it was nice to use.)
I'm keen to hear who it is too!

Sunday shave.. shocking photography

Razor-30's Gillette NEW LC/Pre war tech fat handle
Brush-Muhle tortoise shell silver tip badger
Soap-Stirling Mountain man
Blade-Gillette supplier (3)
Post shave-Avon Deep woods
Music- Suicidal Tendencies

A great choice of razor combo. Sweet spot of OC with one of the best handles Gillette made. Deep woods classic musk finish. Spoiler going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.